Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more

Mike

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

I was actually at the 52-0 game in Regina and then the 44-3 game in Calgary.  Talk about disappointment.

It's people like you who probably deserve a championship team more than anyone. Dave and I have talked a few times over the years about how you can't ever give up on this team, because after all the heartache we've endured, the payoff is going to be so sweet..........one day......

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

The Bombers have had a winning record in 5 of the 17 seasons I've had season tickets. My lowest moments were the thrashing we took at Banjo Bowl 2009 and the Jason Boltus game in 2013. I was literally the only person left sitting in my section at the end of that game.

You're lucky a giant space rock didn't fall out of the sky and smash you, it may have been a fitting end to a bad day.

16 hours ago, Brandon said:

Kelly also had the database and they brought in much better talent....

He did...? He found a few decent pieces but I wouldn't say the talent was much better with the '09 team compare to the '13 team. Both were equally horrifying to watch more often than not.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lefors was good...

Hell of a quote by Nobody Ever.

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

My fondest memory of the Boltus game is when he came in and I said "could he really do any worse?" and then he proceeded to somehow throw the ball backwards.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Jason Boltus said, "here, hold my water bottle" and found a way.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He did...? He found a few decent pieces but I wouldn't say the talent was much better with the '09 team compare to the '13 team. Both were equally horrifying to watch more often than not.

I would. 2013 was the only season in my life where I had resigned myself to watching garbage before the season had even started. I still remember how dead inside I felt when we decided to go into camp with Pierce and a group of rookies.

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I would. 2013 was the only season in my life where I had resigned myself to watching garbage before the season had even started. I still remember how dead inside I felt when we decided to go into camp with Pierce and a group of rookies.

OL/QB is what killed us that year, but the injuries didn't help I guess.

But really ... when you're trotting out Buck Pierce under center being blocked by January, Greaves, pre-career revival Sorenson, Morley and Boatman ... wow. I agree ... we were in trouble before the season even started.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

OL/QB is what killed us that year, but the injuries didn't help I guess.

But really ... when you're trotting out Buck Pierce under center being blocked by January, Greaves, pre-career revival Sorenson, Morley and Boatman ... wow. I agree ... we were in trouble before the season even started.

The Pylons.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Randy, that game was a **** tsunami!4TQF5CBSMRFI.jpg

You know, the team started as a little ****-spark from the old ****-flint. And then it turned into a ****-bonfire and then driven by the winds of Burke's monumental ignorance, he turned into a raging ****-firestorm. And then Boltus took control of the offence, and then he unleashed a shitnami tidal wave that engulfed the Bombers and extinguished their ****-flames for the rest of the game. The team then drowned in the undershit of that wave. ****-waves.

2 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

You know, the team started as a little ****-spark from the old ****-flint. And then it turned into a ****-bonfire and then driven by the winds of Burke's monumental ignorance, he turned into a raging ****-firestorm. And then Boltus took control of the offence, and then he unleashed a shitnami tidal wave that engulfed the Bombers and extinguished their ****-flames for the rest of the game. The team then drowned in the undershit of that wave. ****-waves.

Holy ****.

58 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Fair point. And I agree, as a STH it was a brutally rough season to witness, especially with it being the inaugural campaign at IGF.

I just remember all the hype from Mike Kelly going into '09 and how let down I felt after that season. He basically crapped on everyone in Winnipeg - fans and the media alike - and did a worse job than the previous regime he had replaced. The ups and downs of that season were traumatizing and the only memorable thing was Fred Reid's performance in Vancouver. I was at the Banjo Bowl and the season finale vs. the Ti-Cats, and those two games just sickened me. In 2013, it was disappointment pretty much from the get-go. The home opener was fun and the Banjo Bowl was easily the highlight of the season, but I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact the team would be garbage because the organization had basically stood pat during the off-season.

I guess what I'm saying is the difference between the two teams in terms of talent was marginal at best. The QB corps for both teams were utter trash, and we all know without competent QBing, you won't make it very far.

14 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Game one: We lose 52-0 on Labour Day.

Game Two: We lose 25-24 at home to the Riders after he punts instead of kicking a fg to put us up 5.

Game Three: We lose 44-3 to Calgary

Game Four: Win over Hamilton

Game Five: Loss to Toronto by 19

Game Six: Win over the Als.

Game 7: Lose to Calgary

Game 8: We beat Toronto

Game 9: Lose to Hamilton

Game 10: Win over the Als

4-6 record. Outscored 287-200 over almost 9 points a game. In what world is that decent?

and the QB that won that game for the Riders?  Drew Willy.