Pre-Season Week 2

Noeller

Knucks will be just fine. We were busy last Saturday (thanks Dave...) so today is the first chance I'll have to listen to the pre-game show (along with the game itself) and I couldn't be more excited. Gonna be a good day, Tater...

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Just wondering how Russ Hobson got his video last week, angle and quality where very good so it must have been off a feed?  I think I'll keep his link up during the game in case video gets posted during the game.

Yes I believe Global had a camera man there for highlights.  TSN did as well.  I don't think the issue is so much getting a camera in there, it's getting in a whole production team with multiple cameras, sound guys, broadcasters, producers, etc.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Just wondering how Russ Hobson got his video last week, angle and quality where very good so it must have been off a feed?  I think I'll keep his link up during the game in case video gets posted during the game.

If I was betting, I'd say he was on media row, up above, and either had a camera guy from Global with him, or he likely has some videography experience himself, and did the shooting...either way....it was quality.

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

By all accounts, Thorpe's been getting 1s time during TC, so I fully expect him to get reps there tonight. If he's as good as they believe he CAN be....he'll be a treat to watch.

Thorpe's been injured almost all of TC, if he's been getting 1st team reps that would have just been in the past couple days. He seems like a slotback to me so maybe give denmark or dressler some time off and give Thorpe a shot with Nichols.

I don't think we need to see much from Dressler I would't mind almost just giving him the night off or just giving him a series or two.

Edited by Gotmilt

3 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Thorpe's been injured almost all of TC, if he's been getting 1st team reps that would have just been in the past couple days. He seems like a slotback to me so maybe give denmark or dressler some time off and give Thorpe a shot with Nichols.

I don't think we need to see much from Dressler I would't mind almost just giving him the night off or just giving him a series or two.

Dressler needs to get into rhythm too. Run some routes, make some plays.

It's as much about getting Nichols and his starters work tonight, at least for a half, than it is about evaluation of the recruits.

They don't play for more than two weeks after tonight.

10 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

As much as maybe you don't need to see guys like Dressler, you need to give Nichols time with them.

12 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

I should clarify -- he was getting a ton of reps in both Rookie and Mini camps and was with the 1s on opening day of Main, then got hurt, and when he came back this week, he's been getting time with the 1s.....

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

As much as maybe you don't need to see guys like Dressler, you need to give Nichols time with them.

I agree but i don't think you need to risk injury in order for a guy like that to get in rhythm or game speed. He'll be ready come week 2.

Here's watching you...

JEFFREY JEFFCOAT de -  Havoc....create it. We can always use another JJ on the team

ROC CARMICHAEL  lb - apparently, this spot is yours to lose...show us why

CORY JOHNSON dt - storm troop and cause that confusion that will disrupt any o-line

BRANDON ALEXANDER cb - "get your motor running"  

ROBERT PORTER db - Make them throw away from you...again

JUSTICE LIGGINS, DANIEL WILLIAMS, L'DAMIAN WASHINGTON rec - give us that extraordinary receiver we've been patiently waiting for. Remember - "it's better to receive than give"

1 hour ago, Mike said:

One nice thing about 3 quarterbacks ... they'll all get some good time.

I'd give Nichols the half + 1 series, Davis the third + 1 series, Fever the rest.

That's plenty.

I'd also hope they give Liggins, Williams, Thorpe and those guys a chance to run with the first team O to see how they fit.

I read that Nichols will play as long as he feels he needs to. I guess that means if he wants to play the majority of the game that O'Shea will let him.

1 hour ago, do or die said:

51st season.....great to finally get to see and evaluate the horseflesh, tonight.

I think you are on the wrong forum.  You were either looking for the one for the Assiniboine Downs or a European food channel.

20 hours ago, tracker said:

Possibly so, but in the swagger days, we had a pretty good set of linebackers. The linemen could just pin their ears back and charge knowing that if anyone slipped past them, they wouldn't get far. Hurl doesn't have to be an all-star but he has to be at least average for this to work, and he hasn't been so far.

uh, wut?  He was the definition of average lol.  he wasn't sub par but he wasn't great.  he was steady but not spectacular. 

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Here's watching you...

JEFFREY JEFFCOAT de -  Havoc....create it. We can always use another JJ on the team

ROC CARMICHAEL  lb - apparently, this spot is yours to lose...show us why

CORY JOHNSON dt - storm troop and cause that confusion that will disrupt any o-line

BRANDON ALEXANDER cb - "get your motor running"  

ROBERT PORTER db - Make them throw away from you...again

JUSTICE LIGGINS, DANIEL WILLIAMS, L'DAMIAN WASHINGTON rec - give us that extraordinary receiver we've been patiently waiting for. Remember - "it's better to receive than give"

all great points. Id throw in the RBs. Roberson and flanders both seem like gooders. chances both are around for the regular season are pretty slim.