Changes to the Stadium and Concessions

TrueBlue

As you make your way down to IGF today for the game, you may notice some new changes around the building done to help enhance the overall game day experience.

Some of the changes include:

Viewing Decks  New "viewing decks" located in the north and south main concourse level that will allow those who like to stand and socialize the opportunity to do so without impeding traffic.  Roughly 400 seats were removed to accommodate the new decks and will allow for lighter congestion during bu  sy times. 

Concession Combos  In addition to new food items starting as low as $4.00, the various in-stadium concessions are now serving combo meals which include various food items AND chips/fries AND a soft drink.  Combo meals get you everything together and save you a few bucks.

Larger Video Screen  While the overall videoboard screen size has remained the same, the size of the actual viewing space has increased somewhat significantly.  Not only that, but various ads have been removed, and the live stats section has been enhanced adding to a much cleaner and overall more attractive look.

Fan Services Booths  New booths with field turf flooring will be located inside Gates 1 and 3 and outside Gate 4.  Here you will be able to get gameday information, directions to any sections or concessions,  get information about upcoming promos and purchase season and single game tickets.

Skip the Dishes Social Wall  You will now see large screen TVs in a few spots called the "Social Wall" which will house all Blue Bomber related social media tweets and Instagram posts.  

New Transit Corridor (Effective July 7th)  One of the most significant changes this season will be the how transit and park and ride buses will arrive at the stadium.  No longer will buses be dropping off fans on Chancellor Matheson Rd and now using the new corridor. Fans will then be able to enter into the stadium via Gate 3 or Gate 4.  The new corridor will take the buses away from Chancellor Matheson and allow for better traffic flow before and after the game. 

If you have any questions about any of these changes, or anything else that you may see at the stadium, please don't hesitate to let me know.  See you at the game!

all excellent ideas! Can't wait to check it all out in a couple weeks. In addition, I should add that the "400 or so" seats that were moved, those STHs were treated extremely well through the movement process and even given some Bombers Store bucks for their trouble. All in all, really well done by the WBB, from what I've heard...

These are all significant upgrades to add to the overall experience of attending a game.

VIEWING DECKS - Grab and gab and watch the game ✔️

FOOD COMBOS - Bravo! It shouldn't cost an arm and a leg ✔️

GAME SCREEN -  At last making the best use of a huge screen ✔️

NEW TRANSIT CORRIDOR - This should help significantly with traffic flow ✔️

Bravo to Wade Miller and staff, for striving to continue to heighten game days!

Thats pretty awesome acrually. Concourse congestion has been an issue... Hopefully this helps.. If not... Well... Could always remove a few rows of seats and expand. 

Hot Tubs would be a cool idea. I doubt id use one publicly like that but... They seem to be a hit at american baseball games. 

Have you done the simple solution yet? Paint lines near the conessions where you can stand and wait in line only of you are there for food? Cuz part of the concourse issue is definitely 2 many ppl just standing in the way. 

Edited by Goalie

Got the combo last night at nitro circus. Did not have any trays was almost impossible to carry hot dog fries and a drink. Did not help when the cashier said put something in your pocket. 

In the north end zone there are a few rows with no seats is that going to be a standing area or are they getting reinstalled?

42 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Thats pretty awesome acrually. Concourse congestion has been an issue... Hopefully this helps.. If not... Well... Could always remove a few rows of seats and expand. 

Hot Tubs would be a cool idea. I doubt id use one publicly like that but... They seem to be a hit at american baseball games. 

Have you done the simple solution yet? Paint lines near the conessions where you can stand and wait in line only of you are there for food? Cuz part of the concourse issue is definitely 2 many ppl just standing in the way. 

This is a great idea.

37 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Got the combo last night at nitro circus. Did not have any trays was almost impossible to carry hot dog fries and a drink. Did not help when the cashier said put something in your pocket. 

In the north end zone there are a few rows with no seats is that going to be a standing area or are they getting reinstalled?

That will be a new viewing deck. We may even have a band or two lined up to play in there as well.

Thanks for the updates @TrueBlue! Looking forward to seeing them in person in mere minutes.

An expanded and more affordable food selection is appreciated. 

Really hoping the removed seats makes a big difference. Even at 80% capacity the congestion around the end zones was ridiculous in years past.

Our 'big screens' have been the only thing that's always bugged me about IGF. They are a decent size but sooooo much wasted space in years past. When you account for the ads on either side, screen may as well be a 32 incher. 

LET'S GO BOMBERS! #ForTheW

Larger Video Screen  While the overall videoboard screen size has remained the same, the size of the actual viewing space has increased somewhat significantly.  Not only that, but various ads have been removed, and the live stats section has been enhanced adding to a much cleaner and overall more attractive look.

I didn't notice this at all.

First game, so I don't care (yet ;)) but it was rearranged and just as bad as it always has been.

Regarding the screen, it always annoyed me that they bragged about this huge screen and then effectively covered half of it in ads.  Even on replays.  I always thought they should at least have replays knock out the ads and take up the whole screen (but I guess replays is when people are looking at the screen the most, hence advertising bucks). 

Did they not increase the actual video portion?

Regarding the viewing zones, thats a great idea for using the space.  But will they be actively trying to get people who stand around on the sides to move?

13 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Thanks for the updates @TrueBlue! Looking forward to seeing them in person in mere minutes.

An expanded and more affordable food selection is appreciated. 

Really hoping the removed seats makes a big difference. Even at 80% capacity the congestion around the end zones was ridiculous in years past.

Our 'big screens' have been the only thing that's always bugged me about IGF. They are a decent size but sooooo much wasted space in years past. When you account for the ads on either side, screen may as well be a 32 incher. 

LET'S GO BOMBERS! #ForTheW

Screen usage has been my only real pet peeve as well and I *continually* mention it when the Bomber office reaches out to Season Ticket members for feedback.  I understand the need for advertising and it is one of the more visible spots in the stadium but I always found it such a waste that half of the space on those gorgeous screens was filled with ads.  

Kudos!

10 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Screen usage has been my only real pet peeve as well and I *continually* mention it when the Bomber office reaches out to Season Ticket members for feedback.  I understand the need for advertising and it is one of the more visible spots in the stadium but I always found it such a waste that half of the space on those gorgeous screens was filled with ads.  

Kudos!

This has been discussed elsewhere and it comes down to aspect ratio, what you see is what you get for replays, that video screen is half the depth of the one in Calgary.  The proportions make the sides useless for showing replays and only good for ads and they surely knew that when they purchased it.

The IGF screens are slightly bigger than what the New York Jets have at MetLife Stadium (30x123 vs 30x118) but they are able to use the full screen with no problems so that tells me it's strictly an advertising thing, not technical.

Here's a couple pictures from MetLife in full screen mode.

EP-141229996.jpg?q=100

94C0DB5DC7E347C8AA9AC5362FEC40E8.ashx?w=

Edited by bigg jay

17 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

I had a feeling the video section of the screen looked a little bigger, but I thought I was crazy. It looks a lot better and less cluttered. Very big fan of the live stats. The CC was absolutely useless. Also, I noticed during the first quarter the passing stats were showing up as attempts/completions and they quickly changed it around which I thought was nice.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

The big thing I really noticed was the amount of space on the concourse. Huge difference.

Just looking out over the north endzone looked like much more room to move around. Also a lot of people using the viewing decks. Much like at the old stadium in the Northeast corner used to be.

52 minutes ago, Mike said:

The big thing I really noticed was the amount of space on the concourse. Huge difference.

and it was a pretty packed house last night too I believe.. good sign of this concept working out so far.