Changes to the Stadium and Concessions

TrueBlue

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

The IGF screens are slightly bigger than what the New York Jets have at MetLife Stadium (30x123 vs 30x118) but they are able to use the full screen with no problems so that tells me it's strictly an advertising thing, not technical.

Here's a couple pictures from MetLife in full screen mode.

EP-141229996.jpg?q=100

94C0DB5DC7E347C8AA9AC5362FEC40E8.ashx?w=

The one thing we want to keep in mind is that our board needs to be multipurpose, used for video and score/stats/other info. Using the entire thing for video wouldn't be an option without a secondary display for the other stuff.

Yep, I understand why the club does it the way they do so I appreciate the new upgraded version. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to toggle between modes, but it would be nice to see replays in full screen mode so we really get a good look then switch back to the usual mode with the stats & stuff for live play.  That, for me, would be the best of both worlds.

One thing that bothers me when I'm at a game is that when the visiting team makes field goal or PAT, the stadium announcer says that the kick is good... when the visiting team scores points it is not good for us, so it would make more sense if he said that it was successful.

32 minutes ago, Sard said:

One thing that bothers me when I'm at a game is that when the visiting team makes field goal or PAT, the stadium announcer says that the kick is good... when the visiting team scores points it is not good for us, so it would make more sense if he said that it was successful.

Sigh... Seriously?

Saying the kick is good is the correct nomenclature and isn't meant to imply anything except the fact the kick was successfully made. It's no different than when the announcer says the exact same thing on TV/radio.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, bigg jay said:

Yep, I understand why the club does it the way they do so I appreciate the new upgraded version. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to toggle between modes, but it would be nice to see replays in full screen mode so we really get a good look then switch back to the usual mode with the stats & stuff for live play.  That, for me, would be the best of both worlds.

Agree with this. Not sure if it is that easy to do but would be the best of both worlds as you typically are watching the game live and not the screen. But during replays full screen makes sense. Bigg Jay can you please bring this up at the next executive meeting with the club? :)

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Sigh... Seriously?

Saying the kick is good is the correct nomenclature and isn't meant to imply anything except the fact the kick was successfully made. It's no different than when the announcer says the exact same thing on TV/radio.

I agree that it's fine to be said on TV/radio because in general they don't have a side that they are cheering for, in the stadium though, they do have a favoured team.

4 minutes ago, Sard said:

I agree that it's fine to be said on TV/radio because in general they don't have a side that they are cheering for, in the stadium though, they do have a favoured team.

So, CJOB doesn't have a favoured team...?

As I said, saying the kick is good is the correct nomenclature and isn't meant to imply anything except the fact the kick was successfully made.

Edited by blue_gold_84

The only thing that you will see full screen is taped material, if they could show live full screen or replays they would once i a while you would think. Maybe has to to do with the equipment used in house maybe not only the Bombers know but everybody around the league uses there video much better than we do.

22 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

So, CJOB doesn't have a favoured team...?

As I said, saying the kick is good is the correct nomenclature and isn't meant to imply anything except the fact the kick was successfully made.

Agreed that CJOB would have a favoured team as well.

15 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

"And Paredes' kick is up....and it's good - which is bad! But it's good!"

Yep, no issues here.

"And Paredes' kick is up.... and it's successful"

Anyways, wasn't looking to pick a fight, just making an observation.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎15 at 4:28 PM, TrueBlue said:

Concession Combos  In addition to new food items starting as low as $4.00, the various in-stadium concessions are now serving combo meals which include various food items AND chips/fries AND a soft drink.  Combo meals get you everything together and save you a few bucks.

You can now get poutine as part of a combo but it does not include and extra side of fries, which other combos do.  I think you just get the poutine and a drink.

Patron in front of me at the concession stand to the staff: Who orders poutine without french fires? What, you just get cheese and gravy?

The staff were confused and didn't follow what he was saying.

I had explain to him that the poutine had fries but you didn't get an extra side of fries, like you do with other combos.

I thought it was obvious.

17 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

What do architects have against concession room?

If you recall the architect was not experienced in stadium design so mistakes were made but hey we got the cheapest stadium possible so why complain? 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

You can now get poutine as part of a combo but it does not include and extra side of fries, which other combos do.  I think you just get the poutine and a drink.

Patron in front of me at the concession stand to the staff: Who orders poutine without french fires? What, you just get cheese and gravy?

The staff were confused and didn't follow what he was saying.

I had explain to him that the poutine had fries but you didn't get an extra side of fries, like you do with other combos.

I thought it was obvious.

Should be blatantly obvious... A poutine without fries isn't. A. Poutine.

Related image

On 6/19/2017 at 2:55 PM, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Agree with this. Not sure if it is that easy to do but would be the best of both worlds as you typically are watching the game live and not the screen. But during replays full screen makes sense. Bigg Jay can you please bring this up at the next executive meeting with the club? :)

I think it is easy to do. It is just a matter of zooming in and showing the resulting cropped view.

However that view would not always make sense. Important information could be lost due to the cropping.

The problem is that the feed is delivered at a 16:9 aspect ratio. The full board at IGF is around 37:9.

Anyone can try to imagine this. On a tv, block off 25% of the screen from the top down and 25% from the bottom up. Then watch some replays. That is the resulting view if expanded to the 37:9 ratio.

Edited by ladybug

27 minutes ago, ladybug said:

I think it is easy to do. It is just a matter of zooming in and showing the resulting cropped view.

However that view would not always make sense. Important information could be lost due to the cropping.

The problem is that the feed is delivered at a 16:9 aspect ratio. The full board at IGF is around 37:9.

Anyone can try to imagine this. On a tv, block off 25% of the screen from the top down and 25% from the bottom up. Then watch some replays. That is the resulting view if expanded to the 37:9 ratio.

So what idiot bought a board with such a ridiculous aspect ratio?

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

So what idiot bought a board with such a ridiculous aspect ratio?

I expect it was always meant to be a multi-functional board.

It is probably being used as intended.

This is not uncommon. Many stadiums have installed boards that are wider than 16:9 and use the remaining space for information other than replays.