Edmonton at Winnipeg June 15

Mr Dee

On 6/17/2017 at 8:28 AM, Noeller said:

All the comments about Hodge are accurate here. All jokes aside, he's no more trustworthy a source than Mike... 

I think what people tend to forget is he is a blogger... he voices his opinions and is trying to get clicks... I read his stuff just for a different opinion on the game but I also keep in mind his role and appreciate that he's no insider or analyst.... that being said, kinda sad that 1290 could get no better than a blogger to interview?

Not a big John Hodge guy, for most of the reasons already mentioned. Tries very much too hard and he's overly critical about the most minute of details, which irritates me because he's also not very up on the more minute details of the CFL.

Nothing bugs me more than when a blogger portrays themselves as an expert and then passes along inaccurate or vague information.

Blurbs like this ...

Putting Qadr Spooner on the practice roster is a risk for Kyle Walters. Teams can offer active roster spots to players on other team’s practice squads, meaning Spooner could theoretically bolt for another team that’s hungry for offensive linemen.

... are just irresponsible to put in an article, considering there's literally no risk at all and anyone who understands the league at a level they should require to be writing about it would understand that.

Judging by the severity of his limp, it’s probably safe to assume Thorpe will start the season on the six-game injured list.

... this kind of thing also bothers me, because there's nothing players dislike more than when people speculate about their well-being and again, if you're going to be a "writer", you should know this. It's also just stupid to gauge a player's well-being based on the "severity" of a limp immediately after an injury.

... and for the most part, I find he just doesn't really know what he's talking about.