3 stars + HH 2nd pre season game

wbbfan

The offense really showed well in this game. A bunch of guys could get a nod, especially the OL.

1 Harris/flanders. The qbs killed it tonight. But before the passing game got rolling harris was the spark. And mid way through when both teams were in a lull it was flanders who was the spark.  combined 9-103 1 td rushing 7-86 receiving. 

2 nichols / davis. Could easily be no1. But since the backs really sparked the offense early and often. More of a 1a and 1b. 25/32 328 yards 2 tds davis also ran for a first and a td. 

3 A few wrs had good nights. washington, denny, lankford did a lot from drawing penalties to returning. But gonna give it to the OL. Both starters and reserve. They really seemed to be mashing tnite.

HH? taylor loffler had a huge hit knocking an eskie WR to the ground and out of bounds early. Love the big hits. 

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

I thought there was a play in the 3rd he took a hit and came up pretty slow from the play. Was able to walk to the sidelines on his own which is good but I think that ended his night too

Hopefully, he was shut down out of precaution and it's nothing serious. Thanks for the info! :)

Lots of good bomber players tonight. Nichols had a great first half though a slow start. 19/24, we'll over 200 yards, no ints, extrapolate those yards and it shows the qb did a fine job 

Harris was a beast. 

Davis had a hell of a time taking the snaps in the third. Then he found a groove. What a groove it was. The pass to Washington was a 59 yard gain. I'm not sure how effen far he threw that rock but Christ, to me that pass was the most spectacular play of the game. That ball must have travelled 70 -75 yards in the air and #77 really bust his butt to get under it. 

The rookie kicker mermaid-briere didn't hurt himself at all. He's no Medlock but he was composed and performed. He had the length, but was wide on 50 yard FG but darn, he has potential. He's far from being an Alex Serna. 

On special teams #32 Rush made several solid punishing hits. 

That O.L. Is mean. Well after a play, during a mild scrum, #60 Bond laid a huge vicious forearm to a Edmonton d lineman that sent him back. There was no penalty call but that O.L. Looks like it wants to punish people.

Edited by Rod Black

Menard-Briere impresses the heck out of me...This kid is cool and has one heckuva leg...That was a nice pic by Walters and down the road will pay big dividends...If he can ever perfect his field goal attempts, folks we have a winner...Right now he's up against the best in the CFL in Medlock so I can see he'll be heading back to school BUT IF and when things change, I think we can call upon this guy in the future

Liked Langford in this one and I thought Dom Davis played up to par....as for some of our acquisitions defensively...I'll reserve comment until after the first 'real' game in 17 for comment.

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

HH goes to no injuries, at least none that I heard of during the game.

TJ Thorpe was injured early in the game.  That was disappointing because I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do on kick returns.

A few thought on guys who haven't already been mentioned:

Santos-Knox was  beast on st's. Had a big hit on one play. On another kickoff it looked like he was leaving a wake behind him. He went screaming down the field and knocked three Esks out of his lane. I was impressed. 

Brian Walker impressed me too. Thought he was good in coverage. 

Jeffcoat seemed to be getting good pressure. I thought Ekakite looked ok too. Somebody else said he looked slow. I thought he moved well for a man his size.

52 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I thought there was a play in the 3rd he took a hit and came up pretty slow from the play. Was able to walk to the sidelines on his own which is good but I think that ended his night too

I think it was the interception play that was called back due to PI.  I didn't see exactly how Denmark went down but it looked to me like he may have pulled something, or tightened up at least.  He was down while the Edmonton player was running around, but shortly after he got tackled Denmark got up on his own and limped his way off the field before the trainers noticed he was down.  Agree with blue_gold_84, hopefully he was just shutdown for precaution.