Who Makes the Cut? and Who's Not?

M.O.A.B.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Agreed, those guys are the 2 that in my opinion bring the most to the table and I think have best upside.

Williams as well is a receiver who loves to block and is very adept at putting guys on their can...and he plays cover on special teams, well he did in NCAA , but not sure they had him doing it on punt teams here yet. Kinda shocked they didnt get them more involved, but both were late additions to camp so perhaps they aren't where they need to be yet. But hoping they are kept

I saw Williams on kick coverage last night.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Did Williams make a play other than a holding penalty last night? Washington tracking down that ball last night was a thing of beauty. 6'4 and can fly.

12 yard catch. Didn't play much offense, that's for sure. Unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

6"3" 230...4.5 speed...hands and nose for yac and not afraid of contact...as well as young...what can't u like about Williams...and Liggons is a bit smaller version of the same thing

In theory at least, he never touched the ball in two pre-season games, if he showed potential the best he can hope for now is a spot on the PR.

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I think L. Washington has to be on the AR. Liggins and Williams to the PR at least. Agree on Flanders, needs to be on the AR. Maybe as the returner.

Not sure why they seem to showcase Lankford.

Because every year we need to keep a former Rider player just to enrage the message board folks.... 

Here's my 5 minutes of thought roster.  I think they might be after a DB type NI in other team's cuts if Conteh can't go for awhile.

QB- Nichols, LeFevour, Davis

RB- HARRIS*, Flanders (DI), NORMAND, MILLER, RUSH, Roberson (PR)

REC- Adams, Dressler, Denmark, Stafford, FEOLI-GUDINO*, YACHISON, COATES (IR), RICHARDS (IR), Thorpe (IR), Williams (PR), Lankford (PR)

OL- Bryant, Bond, GOOSSEN*, CHUNGH*, Hardrick, COUTURE, Foketi (IR), NEUFELD (IR), INTZANDT (PR), SPOONER (PR), BUTCHER (PR)

DL- WESTERMAN*, THOMAS*, Nevis, Okpalaugo, CORNEY, Jeffcoat (DI), EKAKITIE, Johnson (PR), Green (PR), MAROUF (IR)

LB- Leggett, Santos-Knox, Wild, HURL, BRIGGS, MILES, GAUTHIER, RENAUD, Wilson (PR),

DB- Randle, Heath, LOFFLER*, Fogg, Alexander, Carmichael (DI), JONES, CONTEH (IR), Walker (PR)

ST- REMPEL, Medlock (DI)

JBR I wouldn't be surprised if you pretty much nailed it there, maybe aside from some injuries clearing up by the time the roster is finalized.

Santos-Knox is an interesting one.  Did he get any reps at MLB in preseason or just WIL?  Of all the LB prospects he did seem to be the only one who stood out at all.

I'd be pretty surprised if they cut Johnson and start Fogg at HB if that's what you are implying.

Who do you see returning kicks on that roster?

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

JBR I wouldn't be surprised if you pretty much nailed it there, maybe aside from some injuries clearing up by the time the roster is finalized.

Santos-Knox is an interesting one.  Did he get any reps at MLB in preseason or just WIL?  Of all the LB prospects he did seem to be the only one who stood out at all.

I'd be pretty surprised if they cut Johnson and start Fogg at HB if that's what you are implying.

Who do you see returning kicks on that roster?

Fogg, Leggett, Feoli-Gudino, Dressler, Flanders for kickoffs.

45 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Here's my 5 minutes of thought roster.  I think they might be after a DB type NI in other team's cuts if Conteh can't go for awhile.

QB- Nichols, LeFevour, Davis

RB- HARRIS*, Flanders (DI), NORMAND, MILLER, RUSH, Roberson (PR)

REC- Adams, Dressler, Denmark, Stafford, FEOLI-GUDINO*, YACHISON, COATES (IR), RICHARDS (IR), Thorpe (IR), Williams (PR), Lankford (PR)

OL- Bryant, Bond, GOOSSEN*, CHUNGH*, Hardrick, COUTURE, Foketi (IR), NEUFELD (IR), INTZANDT (PR), SPOONER (PR), BUTCHER (PR)

DL- WESTERMAN*, THOMAS*, Nevis, Okpalaugo, CORNEY, Jeffcoat (DI), EKAKITIE, Johnson (PR), Green (PR), MAROUF (IR)

LB- Leggett, Santos-Knox, Wild, HURL, BRIGGS, MILES, GAUTHIER, RENAUD, Wilson (PR),

DB- Randle, Heath, LOFFLER*, Fogg, Alexander, Carmichael (DI), JONES, CONTEH (IR), Walker (PR)

ST- REMPEL, Medlock (DI)

By my count you're missing 2-man in your list.

Your cuts are: WRs Washington, Sheppard, T-Plamondon, DT Scott, LB Knox, DBs Johnson, Greenwood, Brown

Edited by M.O.A.B.