Second Round Final Cuts

Noeller

39 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

even before that, the Barrin Simpson years.. He was a stud and had insane stats but kinda seemed like we suffered elsewhere across the board..

I think too much is being made about Hurl as our "starter" especially considering its really only going to be in name only.. he will rotate alot im sure.

Problem is we don't really know how good Knox is in the position, he may be good against the run but poor in pass coverage.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Why can he not use #2? He IS"Poop" after all.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Why can he not use #2? He IS"Poop" after all.

rules about players and which numbers dictate what position can where what range.. I think lineman all have to be high double digits.

19 minutes ago, Bob the Bomber said:

Kendial Lawrence - any benefit for us to take a run at him?  Does he add some Canadian depth even if just a practice roster guy to start?

Keep hoping we get Quincy back, but things don't seem too realistic at this point that we do.

He's American. 

19 minutes ago, Bob the Bomber said:

Kendial Lawrence - any benefit for us to take a run at him?  Does he add some Canadian depth even if just a practice roster guy to start?

Keep hoping we get Quincy back, but things don't seem too realistic at this point that we do.

Lawrence is American.?oops!?

Edited by bb1

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I've seen DE's rock the single digit, but that's it.

I wonder if Poop decided to go with jersey #67 since that is the exact number of tackles he got as a senior at Kentucky http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article122090264.html

If that is the equation - tackles = jersey number - then let's hope next year he switches to #99!

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

rules about players and which numbers dictate what position can where what range.. I think lineman all have to be high double digits.

Tom Higgins
CFL.ca

We are in the second season of a rule change.  The head coach meets with the referee and umpire before the start of each game to identify a maximum of two players wearing an ineligible number (50-69) to be allowed to line up in an eligible position as an end or in the backfield and be eligible to catch a pass.

Each time one of these players enters the game to play in an eligible position they must report to the referee prior to the scrimmage play. The referee will inform the opposing team and all officials of the player’s number.

The reason for the rule change was twofold. One is for the ease and flow of the game and  two, no jersey needs to be changed during the game.

In the 2007 season, we had these big men trying to put on or take off different jerseys to play in eligible positions which created a lot of confusion and chaos for players, coaches and officials.

With this rule change, the player must report on each play to the referee.  If the player participates in two consecutive plays he must still report to the referee prior to each play he is in.  If a player fails to report and occupies an eligible position Team A (the offense) will be penalized with a five yard penalty.

Its mostly about eligibility.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If Neufeld is what (most of) you think he is, why would anyone trade for him? 

hes still young enough (28) but has seen 47 games. Hes played multiple positions on the line, and most importantly has the right pass port. How many NI ol are available under 30 with close to 50 games? May not have a ton of value, but certainly has some value. 

Never under estimate what desperate team will give up for a prayer. (willy)

Edited by wbbfan

12 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

RE: Hurl... it all makes sense now. I don't have a link to the media scrum but MOS says When Hurl plays we likely go 2 IMP DT (Poop & Nevis) when we play Knox at MLB we play Thomas & Nevis. I guess I could live with those scenarios especially if Poop is a disturber up the middle when in

I just don't see how we get both on the roster, unless we're not using a single DI on offense which would be a terrible idea in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I just don't see how we get both on the roster, unless we're not using a single DI on offense which would be a terrible idea in my opinion.

We may see 8 Canadian starters listed on the gameday depth chart which would allow us to get both those guys on the roster, I think.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

We may see 8 Canadian starters listed on the gameday depth chart which would allow us to get both those guys on the roster, I think.

All that would do is make Poop the other DI. There still isn't really a spot that I see for Knox, unless he's playing in favor of one of: Flanders, Fogg, Carmichael or Jeffcoat

I just don't see his role, to be honest.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Cause there's always the right combination of desperate and dumb among general managers in the CFL. 

He also makes a "decent enough" depth guy .. he's not someone I'd want starting on my team (if at all possible) but to step in a pinch, able to play multiple spots on the line?  He's valuable enough.  For us, we are developing a solid pool of young players and Neufeld is a guy we can likely afford to part with.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

What do you do when Neuf goes down again in about 3 weeks?

I guess you start Couture at guard at that point.  Or Couture at center and kick Goossen out to guard.

Couture is just still so unknown to me.  Neufeld has proven he is serviceable at tackle for a couple games at a time.