CFL 2017 season to be livestreamed in more than 130 countries

TORONTO — In partnership with Yare Media, the Canadian Football League (CFL) announced on Friday that an international livestream of the entire 2017 regular season will be made available. Fans in more than 130 territories outside of the TSN, RDS, ESPN and BT Sport footprint will be able to access this streaming service to follow regular season contests, playoff action, and the 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw.

http://intl.cfl.ca/packages.php

This is exactly the kind of service I'd be more than happy to pay for, but is it available in Canada???  No probably not.

Sure enough. 

We're sorry but CFL Live: 2017 International Streaming content is not available in your region through this service.

CFL Live: 2017 International Streaming Service is unavailable in the following areas:

Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Mexico, Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Ireland, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, the Caribbean and the Pacific Rim (including Australia and New Zealand), Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa.)

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sure enough. 

We're sorry but CFL Live: 2017 International Streaming content is not available in your region through this service.

CFL Live: 2017 International Streaming Service is unavailable in the following areas:

Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Mexico, Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Ireland, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, the Caribbean and the Pacific Rim (including Australia and New Zealand), Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa.)

You might be able to use a VPN to 'pretend' your in another country and get the stream to work. Just depends on how smart their IT folks are.

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

TORONTO — In partnership with Yare Media, the Canadian Football League (CFL) announced on Friday that an international livestream of the entire 2017 regular season will be made available. Fans in more than 130 territories outside of the TSN, RDS, ESPN and BT Sport footprint will be able to access this streaming service to follow regular season contests, playoff action, and the 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw.

http://intl.cfl.ca/packages.php

This is exactly the kind of service I'd be more than happy to pay for, but is it available in Canada???  No probably not.

Interesting. Now that I have MLB TV for the rest of the year, I would like to cut the cord with TSN/Sportsnet until October/November but can't due to the CFL.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

I'll see if it'll work with my Dutch VPN this weekend... wonder if it will accept payment from a US credit card...

That's the problem.... how to pay for it.

Basically they're dumping on anyone who doesn't subsscribe to one of the big tv services.

The list of where  you can not subscribe is pretty funny. Like anyone in those places gives a hoot.

radio is good, but I'm not able to do my detailed, position by position analysis, of player performance and scheme  breakdown with audio only !!!

:P:o:lol:

I think I will head over to the Selkirk Legion to watch a few games.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

With all these additional streaming options there are bound to be more mirrored streams readily available. r/cflstreams on reddit is pretty reliable once the broadcasts start.

I have no cable connection so I already stream every CFL game from multiple sports streaming sites but the reliability and quality is hit or miss.  The "On Demand Access" is the feature I really want as you can watch game replays whenever you want.  It's too bad they restricted access to game replays after 2015 as that was a good feature of their site.

I purchased a single game package for the Riders / Als season opener thru my VPN using my American credit card.

Figures that the CFL wouldn't reject payment from cards in the countries they don't serve ... I bet a lot of people who use this service will be Canadian travellers.

Fingers crossed -- I've wanted convenient CFL streams ever since TSN took the free replays off their website.  The free streams from firstroweu and reddit got me through ok, but there was always the chance they'd conk out mid-game or stutter or be the wrong broadcast entirely and it was a pain in the ass to hunt up the good ones.  So paying for a real streaming service is cool by me, especially since it comes with on-demand streaming of past games.

I'll let you guys know how it works out. 

Edited by johnzo

I was gonna post about how the Made In Canada plugin was working great for me because I was watching a TFC game on TS1 HD.

Until I looked at the TSN schedule and saw there was no TFC game tonight.

The TSN channel was just looping about ten seconds of the soccer game over and over.  But it was soccer, so I couldn't tell.

Edited by johnzo

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

I purchased a single game package for the Riders / Als season opener thru my VPN using my American credit card.

Figures that the CFL wouldn't reject payment from cards in the countries they don't serve ... I bet a lot of people who use this service will be Canadian travellers.

Fingers crossed -- I've wanted convenient CFL streams ever since TSN took the free replays off their website.  The free streams from firstroweu and reddit got me through ok, but there was always the chance they'd conk out mid-game or stutter or be the wrong broadcast entirely and it was a pain in the ass to hunt up the good ones.  So paying for a real streaming service is cool by me, especially since it comes with on-demand streaming of past games.

I'll let you guys know how it works out. 

Hmmm....I've got a US credit card.  What the hell is a VPN?

13 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Kodi with 'Made In Canada' add on is a pretty good way to watch TSN.

Tried installing Made In Canada today and couldn't even get that far.  For whatever reason, I couldn't install the Add-on.

VPN = Virtual Private Network.

When you have VPN software running on your computer, all of your network traffic is encrypted and routed to a computer somewhere else.  That computer decrypts your traffic and forwards it onto the Internet, then encrypts the responses and forwards them back to you.

This has two benefits:

1) your ISP can't tell what you're doing, so they can't snoop your user data and sell it, they can't filter or throttle or narc your torrents or streams, and they can't tell if you're a Chinese dissident looking up information on Falun Gong.  VPNs are very popular in China and with business users who are travelling away from their home offices.

2) this is the good part for you and me: all your internet traffic appears to be coming from the country where your VPN server is located.  My VPN server is in Rotterdam, so when I turn it on  and connect to the CFL streaming site, what they see is a Dutchman who likes niche sports instead of me, the Canadian in America who doesn't want to pay for a cable subscription just for five months of ESPN a year.

I use ExpressVPN (https://www.expressvpn.com) although I didn't shop around much so I don't know if it's the best. Getting it running wasn't too hard.

Edited by johnzo

13 hours ago, Sard said:

Tried installing Made In Canada today and couldn't even get that far.  For whatever reason, I couldn't install the Add-on.

Tons of things are broken in Kodi these days. I hadn't used MIC since last year, so I checked it out this AM. Big update May 31 broke it on my system. Un-installed/Re-Installed using notes from: http://koditips.com/made-in-canada-kodi-iptv-addon/ and it's working again. Note: Don't install F4MTester before Kodi, kinda mucked things up for me and I had to start over. Note 2: I didn't install SportsDevil (Used to be in fusion, which isn't working anymore) even tho it said to. I didn't need it to make the TSN's work.

As for VPN... I'm using PIA (Private Internet Access). It's fast and cheap, but it doesn't work with Netflix and crashes almost once a day on my laptop causing 2 minute outages. Not sure I can recommend it to anyone who's non-technical.

I used to hang out with a Scottish exchange student when I was at Lakehead U .. he could not believe that our nearest big city was eight hours away. 

North America is so huge and empty once you get west of Sault Ste. Marie.  I've driven the width of Ontario twice and it's astonishing how big this province is.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Speaking of Rotterdam....I got on a bullet train in Amsterdam intending to go to The Hague, fell asleep and ended up in Rotterdam.  Entire trip took about 30 minutes to go from one end of the country to the other.  No wonder the Dutch have small hands.

Could have been worse.

could have gotten a bullet on a train in Amersterdam. Pretty rough city I've heard.

Edited by Mark F

51 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I used to hang out with a Scottish exchange student when I was at Lakehead U .. he could not believe that our nearest big city was eight hours away. 

North America is so huge and empty once you get west of Sault Ste. Marie.  I've driven the width of Ontario twice and it's astonishing how big this province is.

funny isn't it?

I used to know a guy from Sarajevo. He was quite amazed that I would get in the car, and drive from wpg to Vancouver Island, without even thinking about it.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jesus...I never even attempted the Calgary to Vancouver drive.....unreal.

done wpg to vancouver island many times. dined in every subway and tim's on the way.

also wpg to LA twice. That was a lot of fun, and very interesting. Daughter said "whatever you do, don't get lost in Compton"  Went straight there like an arrow lol.

saw a home there surrounded by razor wire.