Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I see no one has mentioned it was Dickensen that closed practices first, doesn't fit the narrative I guess

Well, who cares about closed practices, much less who did it first...? At least Dickenson doesn't whine about other teams spying on his practices.

I was waiting for the resident green whiner to show up to defend and deflect from his precious coach.

Edited by blue_gold_84

Funny thing about the whole thing...that's totally something that I could see Jones have someone in his organization do, go out and do some spying, and if anything is an admission of guilt as he thinks someone else is doing it to them so now he is paranoid haha

Try to keep up Ripper.  The issue isn't closing a practice, it's Jones crying about spies rather than focusing on the play of his team.  FWIW, the Bombers have also closed a practice this season as well.  Biggest diffence between the 3 cases is that one HC is pulling claims out of his ass & the other 2 are just going about their business.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I see no one has mentioned it was Dickensen that closed practices first, doesn't fit the narrative I guess

You read that wrong.

Nobody cares if a H. Coach closes a practice. It seems it's being done more and more.

Its usually not even paid attention to..unless the H Coach makes an issue of it. 

Now, let's see, who's made an issue of it this year? ??? Hmm

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, who cares about closed practices, much less who did it first...? At least Dickenson doesn't whine about other teams spying on his practices.

I was waiting for the resident green whiner to show up to defend and deflect from his precious coach.

I haven't spent much time defending Jones and I'm not now either.  It would appear Calgary is sensitive about their practices leading up to a game with us.  I think all practices should be closed all the time except maybe one day a week for fans.  

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I haven't spent much time defending Jones and I'm not now either.  It would appear Calgary is sensitive about their practices leading up to a game with us.  I think all practices should be closed all the time except maybe one day a week for fans.  

Actually, what's sensitive is telling a coach to win with class... And then a season later whining to the media about an opponent spying on your team's practice.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Actually, what's sensitive is telling a coach to win with class... And then a season later whining to the media about an opponent spying on your team's practice.

And also taking a shot at Toronto fans by saying the Riders have more fans attending their practices. 

One thing to note is that if someone attends Rider practice you have to show ID. Talk about being paranoid.

22 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

And also taking a shot at Toronto fans by saying the Riders have more fans attending their practices. 

One thing to note is that if someone attends Rider practice you have to show ID. Talk about being paranoid.

I for one, hope the Riders beat Calgary.

The way some, maybe a lot of fans hate the Riders, I feel that way about the Stamps. I would love to see Calgary  lose this game. Sask has the no 1 offence to this point. not impossible.

Best game last year was Grey Cup. watching the Stampeders  eat a bit of humble pie. Very puzzling for them.

So far this season the great Bo levi  hasn't look so hot.

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

are you sure? their website says "Practice is open to the public. Fans can enter via elevator lobby 2 on the northwest side of the stadium."

doesn't say anything about ID.

Are they checking for spies? if so......:lol:

Yup, you have to sign in and show photo ID. The policy officially started last year after the Riders got busted for having their pre-practice team. 

23 hours ago, bearpants said:

Closing practice is no big deal, it's perfectly within the rules to do it, every teams does....

17 hours ago, Ripper said:

I hate to quote myself... but it seems apropos here...

18 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

and you didn't have to wait long lol.. I had the same situation on FB.  "but but but dickenson did it first.."

who the bleet cares. Only Jones was the one who bitched about it to the media AND made it about spying..

16 hours ago, Mark F said:

I for one, hope the Riders beat Calgary. The way some, maybe a lot of fans hate the Riders, I feel that way about the Stamps. I would love to see Calgary  lose this game. Sask has the no 1 offence to this point. not impossible.

Best game last year was Grey Cup. watching the Stampeders  eat a bit of humble pie. Very puzzling for them.

So far this season the great Bo levi  hasn't look so hot.

The Stamps are due for a breakout game. They do not look as intimidating as last year, but most of the pieces are still there and they still have Bo Levi and Huffer. I'm thinking that the Riders are going to mutilated. Plus folded and spindled.

3 hours ago, tracker said:

The Stamps are due for a breakout game. They do not look as intimidating as last year, but most of the pieces are still there and they still have Bo Levi and Huffer. I'm thinking that the Riders are going to mutilated. Plus folded and spindled.

*Edit* 

covfefe!

(Makes more sense now).

Edited by Mark F

28 minutes ago, Mark F said:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="UF3v1eg"><a href="//imgur.com/UF3v1eg"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This made about much sense as when you made this statement:

I for one, hope the Riders beat Calgary.