Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

49 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

The Riders have dropped OJ this morning. When questioned Jones said it's not about talent, he thinks OJ still may have gas in the tank. He was dropped because OJ was acquitted and Jones recruitment policy is to sign only CONVICTED felons. 

49 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

The Riders have dropped OJ this morning. When questioned Jones said it's not about talent, he thinks OJ still may have gas in the tank. He was dropped because OJ was acquitted and Jones recruitment policy is to sign only CONVICTED felons. 

Actually, OJ has been jail for 9 years because he was convicted of armed robbery, so he ought to fit the criteria.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

???

I thought has Harris has been good.

At the risk of speaking heresy, I see Harris as not having the quickness of Flanders to hit the hole as soon as it opens, but overall, he is a better player.

32 minutes ago, tracker said:

At the risk of speaking heresy, I see Harris as not having the quickness of Flanders to hit the hole as soon as it opens, but overall, he is a better player.

Well... When harris runs the ball 6 times... Im not sure why anyone would think lapo would run the ball more.. Our RB.. One of the BEST in the league had 6 carries. Thats a OC problem and Flanders doesn't change that. 6 carries... Thats just poor use of Harris... Yeah he had some catches and ya as a team over 100 running but... 6 carries for your RB... That should be half time numbers not full game numbers. 

Edited by Goalie

35 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

To be fair, Andrew Harris had 18 touches, 6 rushing, 12 receiving, for 114 yards.

Johnson and Rainey had 17 touches for 108 yards, 13 rushing, and 4 receiving touches...

Not sure it matters.  We couldn't move the ball for long stretches.  We have a great OL.  If our QB threw for 400 yards we wouldn't worry about our rushing game.

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League announced Sunday that Edmonton Eskimos defensive back Garry Peters has been suspended for one game for contacting an official following play #64 in game 27 on Thursday, July 20 in Hamilton.

“Making contact with an official is clearly beyond the acceptable standards of conduct in the CFL,” said CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie. “Officials, who play such an important role in our game, must be treated with respect.”

The Eskimos’ next game is Friday, July 28 versus the BC Lions.

A suspension is to be served immediately, unless it is appealed to arbitration by a player.

Sounds right to me. 

On 7/22/2017 at 3:52 PM, Mr Dee said:

To be fair, Andrew Harris had 18 touches, 6 rushing, 12 receiving, for 114 yards.

Johnson and Rainey had 17 touches for 108 yards, 13 rushing, and 4 receiving touches...

Its a big difference on the Line between running, with run protection, and tossing it to the RB as a release valve out of pass pro. Establishing dominance and maintaining it on the line is a big deal. Now, not a lot of teams run heavy any more in the cfl. So its not as big a factor as it once was. But it is the difference between being able to run the ball well in the 4th and not. And being able to get the hoggies in sync. 

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Sounds right to me. 

That's the right call for that situation but in the context of Will Hill grabbing the official it makes no sense.  The two offences were not remotely comparable and to receive the same punishment is asinine.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

That's the right call for that situation but in the context of Will Hill grabbing the official it makes no sense.  The two offences were not remotely comparable and to receive the same punishment is asinine.

I think one game suspension is the max under the collective agreement which is why they're the same. However, not sure on that.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎22 at 2:53 PM, tracker said:

Actually, OJ has been jail for 9 years because he was convicted of armed robbery, so he ought to fit the criteria.

Holy crap am I ever out of touch on OJ news. Well then I retract...he is totally going to be in Rider camp next year.

25 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I know math and basic language skills elude you greenies, but try harder. Nobody can be this wilfully dumb.

Kluchk, Migs, mfranc, and RAJ147 would like to officially dispute that. They wish everyone to know that they can so be that wilfully dumb and sometime late in the season after the Riders win another game they will prove it.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Derek Dennis on Twitter telling Riders fans to just calm down...........yeah, that'll go over well................

He's not in Kansas anymore and I didn't like watching Hughes going around him like a pylon out there. I'll calm down when we start playing better. That game was a huge opportunity to get into the hunt for a playoff spot. Potential and excuses only go so far, at some point you have to win a game no one thought you could win. That's what good teams do.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I hope you enjoyed the 3 point thrashing we took.

Congrats on that nail-bitter 17 point Rider loss. 

Both are loses. You either win or you don't.  It was nice for someone else's team to get to have a backbreaking int late in game and then have their kicker blow a big kick when it mattered most. That's usually how we lose. I feel better about losing to Stamps than I did about losing to Montreal that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Both are loses. You either win or you don't.  It was nice for someone else's team to get to have a backbreaking int late in game and then have their kicker blow a big kick when it mattered most. That's usually how we lose. I feel better about losing to Stamps than I did about losing to Montreal that's for sure.

Right, both are losses.  One as a result of a tightly contested game. One a more similar result to a scrimmage between Brady's Patriots and the NFL Europe's Hamburg Sea Devils. 

But you're right, dad.  Both losses.  Now let junior know I left him a message, mmmkay? 

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

"The Bombers didn't get smoked despite my claim, but my Riders sure did. A loss is loss, though, everyone."

- Moving the Goalposts 101 with Prof. Ripper

When did I say the Bombers were going to get smoked?  I didn't think you would win because game was in BC but generally thought it would be fairly close.