Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

9 hours ago, Zontar said:

Love Reilly as a player but that look he has going I would describe with a word you're not allowed to use anymore.

Disagree, it's excellent to see CFL players dressing with some personality and flair instead of just being robots in IBM suits like NHL players.

(it's also hilarious when the  team's official twitter busts his balls about it)

Speaking of partaking, man, the Tim Burke era would have been way easier to deal with if we'd legalized in WA before 2013...

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

and today Sask signs a DT who from 2013 to 2016 was arrested 4 times in those 3 years for various offences...Keep em coming Jonsie...do they not look into character and accountability, or do they just not care..?

Just Win Baby!! That's all Jones cares about. Except all he does is lose. 

12 hours ago, johnzo said:

Disagree, it's excellent to see CFL players dressing with some personality and flair instead of just being robots in IBM suits like NHL players.

Rabidly disagree with this take.....ugh. Look and act like professionals.

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Guy was reportedly described as a cancer. Quit practice early on Wed. You can only be patient and understanding so much until it is YOU that is irresponsible for tolerating it.

Yea I sincerely hope the people who were advocating us to bring in Hill as a replacement for Johnson see this.   the guys a joke.  He can't keep his **** together for long enough to be a legit piece to any teams roster.   Walking out on practice?  if hes so casually doing this, what else is going on behind closed doors..   couple that with his idiot penalties..

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

I hope we don't sign Hill.

If he does play in the CFL, I hope it's with Saskatchewan. They might be able to sell tickets to their practices with all the drama that they would have.

Which Rider player did Hill punch?

sounds like he would fit right in with the new D-lineman they just brought in.. something like 3 prior arrests back in 2003?

17 hours ago, johnzo said:

(it's also hilarious when the  team's official twitter busts his balls about it)

Speaking of partaking, man, the Tim Burke era would have been way easier to deal with if we'd legalized in WA before 2013...

Have you never seen PK Subban? He's one stylish dude. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I hope we don't sign Hill.

If he does play in the CFL, I hope it's with Saskatchewan. They might be able to sell tickets to their practices with all the drama that they would have.

Which Rider player did Hill punch?

He is the exact type of player that Jones seeks. Looks at Jones record of recruitment for ex-cons, misfits, bad characters...would not surprise me at all to see Hill in Regina. Jones has the hubris to think he can control his locker room no matter what kind of meat puppets he brings in.

23 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Argo's starting 3rd stringer Jeff Matthew tomorrow against the Als.  Trestman must not have been impressed with Fajardo's constant scrambling and running with the ball

Instead they're starting the QB that allowed Edmonton to Hamilton with Mike Reilly throwing for 30 yards a few years back.

I think the Argos would kill for Drew Willy or Dan LeFevour right now.

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Instead they're starting the QB that allowed Edmonton to Hamilton with Mike Reilly throwing for 30 yards a few years back.

I think the Argos would kill for Drew Willy or Dan LeFevour right now.

Cutting Drew Willy certainly seemed short-sighted.  I know he has his flaws but.... couldn't Trestman have helped him?

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Cutting Drew Willy certainly seemed short-sighted.  I know he has his flaws but.... couldn't Trestman have helped him?

im thinking the $$ played a role, i know he renegotiated his contract but still must have been getting a chunky salary in the 200,000s.  I doubt the argos have a big payroll after throwing money at Trestman and averaging 14,000 a game.

26 minutes ago, peggars said:

im thinking the $$ played a role, i know he renegotiated his contract but still must have been getting a chunky salary in the 200,000s.  I doubt the argos have a big payroll after throwing money at Trestman and averaging 14,000 a game.

Sure it did, but the Argos couldn't have been naive enough to believe Ricky Ray would stay healthy in the long term. If any team needs a decent back up, it's Toronto.