Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

6 hours ago, SPuDS said:

does seem odd that they would throw away a highly drafted player, as well as 2 more picks.. on someone who they don't expect to be a #1 guy..

He was a third round pick by the Stamps. We got him for a fourth rounder. He is brutal in coverage.  We got a 5th back in deal.  I'm fine with the move, basically give nothing up to get nothing.  Adams is a project to look at, I don't expect much. I think this is more about the Riders being done with Bridge. I mentioned this the other day, why was Jones so mad that Bridge took a time count violation with a few seconds left in a blowout win? Obviously more to the storey behind the scenes. either bridge isn't too smart or he isn't running the play that is called from the bench. Something that never goes over well with the coaches. We know you can throw the ball 60 yards Brandon, but can you check down and throw it 8.  I liked what I saw of Bridge and wanted him to play more, maybe there was more to the storey

10 minutes ago, Ripper said:

He was a third round pick by the Stamps. We got him for a fourth rounder. He is brutal in coverage.  We got a 5th back in deal.  I'm fine with the move, basically give nothing up to get nothing.  Adams is a project to look at, I don't expect much. I think this is more about the Riders being done with Bridge. I mentioned this the other day, why was Jones so mad that Bridge took a time count violation with a few seconds left in a blowout win? Obviously more to the storey behind the scenes. either bridge isn't too smart or he isn't running the play that is called from the bench. Something that never goes over well with the coaches. We know you can throw the ball 60 yards Brandon, but can you check down and throw it 8.  I liked what I saw of Bridge and wanted him to play more, maybe there was more to the storey

I'm fine with your post. I'm actually mostly in agreement.. But your use of the word "storey' instead of "story" multiple times makes me wonder if you know the difference. 

Just realized something odd... the Riders appear to be on their 2nd bye week of the season already... after this week the Riders will have played only 7 games, while BC, Toronto and Ottawa will have played 9.... I get that the CFL schedule is goofy due to there being 9 teams... but that is just kind of ridiculous...

Edited by bearpants

Anyone else catch the mic'd up from our game on TSN? Brandon Banks is not pleased with his team/coaching. When we stopped them on the first two point convert attempt, he kept yelling "why are we going for two? Why are we going for two?" Then followed that up with a sarcastic "we have a field goal kicker, don't we?" Then later in the game on the quick Medlock punt, when Austin tries to talk to him while he's walking off he starts jawing back at Austin. We all know there's issues there, but for this to be all caught on camera shows us just how bad it is. Imagine what's happening when the cameras aren't rolling. 

Also, chill out on the typo thing with Ripper. I just went through my post and found four autocorrects that happened from me typing quickly on my phone. Hate to imagine how I'd have been treated if I hit the submit button. His phone obviously auto-corrected the same word consistently. Who cares? What does a typo have to do with football?

15 minutes ago, O2L said:

Anyone else catch the mic'd up from our game on TSN? Brandon Banks is not pleased with his team/coaching. When we stopped them on the first two point convert attempt, he kept yelling "why are we going for two? Why are we going for two?" Then followed that up with a sarcastic "we have a field goal kicker, don't we?" Then later in the game on the quick Medlock punt, when Austin tries to talk to him while he's walking off he starts jawing back at Austin. We all know there's issues there, but for this to be all caught on camera shows us just how bad it is. Imagine what's happening when the cameras aren't rolling. 

Also, chill out on the typo thing with Ripper. I just went through my post and found four autocorrects that happened from me typing quickly on my phone. Hate to imagine how I'd have been treated if I hit the submit button. His phone obviously auto-corrected the same word consistently. Who cares? What does a typo have to do with football?

Think the masses are just giving him a hard time, man. After all he is a rider fan on a bomber fan forum..

12 hours ago, Ripper said:

Ya I was thinking of a different canuck DB when I saw this happen.. So, actually a good deal for you guys..  A QB who may or may not push someone for depth spot or starting role for a backup DB who probably wont see the field beyond ST.. and a couple of picks..

Bridge to me has always been someone who isn't good enough but people WANT him to be good enough so they can say "oh lookit! canadian content QB.. yay!"  if I was a GM, i'd never would have bothered to be honest.

36 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Ya I was thinking of a different canuck DB when I saw this happen.. So, actually a good deal for you guys..  A QB who may or may not push someone for depth spot or starting role for a backup DB who probably wont see the field beyond ST.. and a couple of picks..

Bridge to me has always been someone who isn't good enough but people WANT him to be good enough so they can say "oh lookit! canadian content QB.. yay!"  if I was a GM, i'd never would have bothered to be honest.

Maybe Bridge isn't even around this long in the league if he isn't Canadian.  

18 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Maybe Bridge isn't even around this long in the league if he isn't Canadian.  

I agree with this.. if he wasn't a National, I don't know if hes still on a roster or if he is even brought in by a GM at some point..

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

For all you rider peeps....Franklin will be in Toronto next year ...book it...AND could you please show some luv for your new future...Adams

Franklin is a good prospect, no one is sure what he will turn out to be. Not all Rider fans are in love with him. Would I sign him if things work out?  Yes.  Would I break the bank to sign or trade for him?  Nope..  I don't care who the qb is. Its about winning isn't it?  Seems to be the main directive from the Nichols defense team, Matt is getting the wins.....

13 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Franklin is a good prospect, no one is sure what he will turn out to be. Not all Rider fans are in love with him. Would I sign him if things work out?  Yes.  Would I break the bank to sign or trade for him?  Nope..  I don't care who the qb is. Its about winning isn't it?  Seems to be the main directive from the Nichols defense team, Matt is getting the wins.....

gotta try and deflect eh, lol.   Most people here are quite content at this point with Nichol's development and how hes on the cusp from evolving from  a decent game manager to a QB that will get us wins on his own.

23 hours ago, Ripper said:

Was just typing fast. Hopefully me spelling a word wrong didn't completely ruin your evening.

IT"S STORY!!!! STORY, STORY, STORY, STORY, STORY, STORY, STORY!

NO "E"!

GODAMMIT!

F*** THIS S***!!!!

giphy.gif

Heh- yeah I agree with you totally.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

35 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You may need to break the bank for him because if you think a 40 year old Kevin Glenn is the answer then think again. 

Side note: Should be a very interesting offseason in regards to QB's. Where will Franklin end up? Does Lulay stay in BC to hold a clipboard even though it's evident he can still be a starter, does Collaros stay in Hamilton, what about the future of aging QB's like Glenn, Ray, and Durant? Should be interesting to see how everything plays out.