Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bet Franklin signs in the NFL and tries to make it there first.

You think his sample size is big enough to get a decent sniff tho?  I mean depending on whom his agent is as well but I've really not followed Franklin like others have so I don't know if he has done enough to warrant an NFL shot.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Franklin is a good prospect, no one is sure what he will turn out to be. Not all Rider fans are in love with him. Would I sign him if things work out?  Yes.  Would I break the bank to sign or trade for him?  Nope..  I don't care who the qb is. Its about winning isn't it? 

isn't that what they said about reilly?

6 hours ago, SPuDS said:

You think his sample size is big enough to get a decent sniff tho?  I mean depending on whom his agent is as well but I've really not followed Franklin like others have so I don't know if he has done enough to warrant an NFL shot.

Yes.  He has good film and good measurables.  LeFevour was in a NFL camp last summer.

10 hours ago, O2L said:

Who cares? What does a typo have to do with football?

We're not playing football. We're typing. 

Edited by J5V

8 hours ago, SPuDS said:

gotta try and deflect eh, lol.   Most people here are quite content at this point with Nichol's development and how hes on the cusp from evolving from  a decent game manager to a QB that will get us wins on his own.

Cusp,  is a million miles from doing it. Nichols has played fairly well, nothing more. I have no problem with fans of a team getting excited. That's what we do sometimes, that doesn't make him better than he is. Glenn's numbers are as good this year, facts are facts

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Cusp,  is a million miles from doing it. Nichols has played fairly well, nothing more. I have no problem with fans of a team getting excited. That's what we do sometimes, that doesn't make him better than he is. Glenn's numbers are as good this year, facts are facts

Nichols reminds me of Darian Durant and damned if Durant didn't win a cup. I can see the exact same thing happening with Nichols. 

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Nichols reminds me of Darian Durant and damned if Durant didn't win a cup. I can see the exact same thing happening with Nichols. 

We lost 2 also with DD. Went to 3 and won one. Just by off chance our rb set new grey cup rushing record in the one that we won.  Just sayin.    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Harris to do that

Edited by Ripper

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

We lost 2 also with DD. Went to 3 and won one. Just by off chance our rb set new grey cup rushing record in the one that we won.  Just sayin.    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Harris to do that

It really shows a lot about your fan base.. The fact DD was considered royalty and now that he's on another team his name and legacy are dirt. 

Glenn always puts up numbers..but not wins..17 years in league and more losses than wins and never performed in a big game to win anything...what more do you need to analyze.

He will put up some nice yards this year..decent TD totals and a whack of int's many of which will be game crippling and you will end up with 5-6 wins this year..just a typical Kevin Glenn season and sadly you will be stuck with him next year..or an inexperienced tandem of Adams and Bridge next year which will prob net you the same..maybe 8 wins..

6 hours ago, Ripper said:

You needed Sheets to do that for you. We don't need Harris to do that for us. You are trying to deflect your losing argument onto Harris and off of Nichols. Nichols just keeps finding ways to win. I noticed you ignored the fact that Nichols is 15-5 in his last 20 games. What is Glenn in his last 20 games?

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Glenn always puts up numbers..but not wins..17 years in league and more losses than wins and never performed in a big game to win anything...what more do you need to analyze.

He will put up some nice yards this year..decent TD totals and a whack of int's many of which will be game crippling and you will end up with 5-6 wins this year..just a typical Kevin Glenn season and sadly you will be stuck with him next year..or an inexperienced tandem of Adams and Bridge next year which will prob net you the same..maybe 8 wins..

I am just waiting for the weather to cool off and Glenns numbers with it so we can stop hearing from Rider fans about how well he's doing. 

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Now that Durant is no longer a Rider... he is garbage and they won in spite of him... c'mon, keep up with riderfan flip-flopping!

I guess Ripper was still wet behind the years as a greenie/CFL fan back in 2013.

Durant's 2013 season was a great one, especially in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I guess Ripper was still wet behind the years as a greenie/CFL fan back in 2013.

Durant's 2013 season was a great one, especially in the playoffs.

Before this comment goes off the rails... I will say that I know @Ripper is a life long rider fan... he's not one of the band wagoners.... I think that's why we tolerate him here :D

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yes.  He has good film and good measurables.  LeFevour was in a NFL camp last summer.

cool.  I'm quite stunned about the Lefevour in camp tho.. I guess his running and short yardage stuff is damn near legendary but..wow.    then again, he could have just been a camp arm for sure.

33 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Before this comment goes off the rails... I will say that I know @Ripper is a life long rider fan... he's not one of the band wagoners.... I think that's why we tolerate him here :D

Quite true and he puts up the with some of the Bomber fans on here that are less than 'hospitable' to outsiders. It's great that he comes here, even if his green-tinted glasses are sometimes foggy.

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

cool.  I'm quite stunned about the Lefevour in camp tho.. I guess his running and short yardage stuff is damn near legendary but..wow.    then again, he could have just been a camp arm for sure.

The NFL loves their prototypical QBs. Lefevour ticks all the boxes and even has pro experience.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I am just waiting for the weather to cool off and Glenns numbers with it so we can stop hearing from Rider fans about how well he's doing. 

Thats going to be such a glorious day lol.   the quiet will be deafening..

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What the hell are you even getting at with this comment? :huh:

deflect deflect deflect lol