Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

Awwww shucks Trent changed his mind. He didn't realize he'd have to sign for two years. 

If he was serious and if the Riders really wanted him they could have worked something out. He could have signed for two years like all rookies do but at some point the Riders could have put him on the practice roster. Then when he is added to the active roster he signs a new one year contract. 

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

How dumb do you have to be not to realize the terms of the contract?

Rider dumb.

So there were some swing moments last year where Toronto and Montreal became part of the conversation of "biggest joke in the league".   For a time, those two did enough questionable things that the Riders firm firm grasp on that title had just a little doubt.

Even if it was for a moment, we were so wrong to doubt Chris Jones.  That team is hands-down the laughing stock of the CFL.

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

I wouldn't doubt it was orchestrated by Murphy.

Remember when he organized the signing of Pacman Jones for us so that Pacman could go online and stream to fans high as a kite talking about how he was going to play corner, receiver, kick returner, punt returner and score 4 touchdowns a game?

You forgot to mentioned that he was stoked about signing in the IFL... or something that definitely wasn't CFL...

30 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Oddly enough he's had a pretty good NFL career. The fact that was 8  years ago and he's still in the NFL. No doubt in my mind he would be a productive player. His speed was/is something else. Not like Trent Richardson who's a fat over weight running back who's skill set wouldn't even be suited for the CFL 

Pacman has actually had a very good career, despite his continued off-field issues... Richardson, many will forget, actually had a very good rookie season... I don't care to look up the stats but I think he may have had 1000 yard behind a very good Cleveland O-line*...

*another fun fact that many forget, Cleveland had one of the league's best o-line for many years... if only they could have upgraded their QB, receivers, running backs, full backs, D-line, linebackers, corners, safeties and coaching staff... they might have had a pretty good team...

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

You forgot to mentioned that he was stoked about signing in the IFL... or something that definitely wasn't CFL...

Pacman has actually had a very good career, despite his continued off-field issues... Richardson, many will forget, actually had a very good rookie season... I don't care to look up the stats but I think he may have had 1000 yard behind a very good Cleveland O-line*...

*another fun fact that many forget, Cleveland had one of the league's best o-line for many years... if only they could have upgraded their QB, receivers, running backs, full backs, D-line, linebackers, corners, safeties and coaching staff... they might have had a pretty good team...

He had an okay rookie year. 960 yards with a 3.6 YPC I'm sorry but another under 4.5 shouldn't be congratulated. They simply chose to give him the ball time and time again. His career YPC is an  abysmal 3.3 he simply can't read the right hole and when you have terrible awareness like that it's next to impossible to be taught. There's a reason why he was out of the league within 4 years despite being a third overall draft pick..  

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't care if Richardson was the nicest guy on the planet.

He was the 3rd overall pick in the NFL Draft and washed out after 3 seasons. He is *that* bad.

I remember when the Browns drafted Richardson, Jim Brown just ripped the organization about the pick. Turns out that he was right. Afterwards, NFL teams actually stopped drafting running backs in the first two or 3 rounds because he was such a bust. Until Ezekiel Elliott by the Cowboys last season. 

28 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He had an okay rookie year. 960 yards with a 3.6 YPC I'm sorry but another under 4.5 shouldn't be congratulated. They simply chose to give him the ball time and time again. His career YPC is an  abysmal 3.3 he simply can't read the right hole and when you have terrible awareness like that it's next to impossible to be taught. There's a reason why he was out of the league within 4 years despite being a third overall draft pick..  

I never said he wasn't a bust... I just said he had a good rookie season... the numbers don't tell the whole story... I remember he had decent vision and amazing power... then it all just went away the next year...

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I remember when the Browns drafted Richardson, Jim Brown just ripped the organization about the pick. Turns out that he was right. Afterwards, NFL teams actually stopped drafting running backs in the first two or 3 rounds because he was such a bust. Until Ezekiel Elliott by the Cowboys last season. 

The Rams actually "reset" the RB draft market the year before by taking Todd Gurley 10th overall... and Melvin Gordon went 15 or 16 to San Diego that same year...

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I never said he wasn't a bust... I just said he had a good rookie season... the numbers don't tell the whole story... I remember he had decent vision and amazing power... then it all just went away the next year...

Look who he was playing for. Things didn't improve in Indy. 

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Remember when he organized the signing of Pacman Jones for us so that Pacman could go online and stream to fans high as a kite talking about how he was going to play corner, receiver, kick returner, punt returner and score 4 touchdowns a game?

And he was going to do that all at the same time.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

yes I remember that.  Sigh...

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

But he killed the market for any running back that came after him until then.  

Yeah, we're agreeing on the same point... I just noted that drafted RBs early "re-started" in the 2015 draft with Gurley and Gordon, not 2016 with Elliot...