Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Crazy times. If anyone told me 5 years ago this organization would become such a mess, I'd have laughed.

Nah you could see that Montreal was going to become insane. They never had a plan in place for when Calvillo retired and it was always going to burst apart at the seems once than happened. Throw in the fact that they got so accustomed to running away with the crappy east you knew they'd start making bad choices the first hint of a losing season. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Nah you could see that Montreal was going to become insane. They never had a plan in place for when Calvillo retired and it was always going to burst apart at the seems once than happened. Throw in the fact that they got so accustomed to running away with the crappy east you knew they'd start making bad choices the first hint of a losing season. 

Obviously, there was going to be a decline but this is over-the-top embarrassment. Averaging a new HC basically once a season. How many QBs have come and gone since Calvillo retired?

This is legit gong show territory.

10 minutes ago, ediger said:

#CFL to go to 21 week schedule in 2018#CFLPAhttps://t.co/5VfZZU8RIV pic.twitter.com/VLeTWTW2Lz

— Justin Dunk (@JDunk12) September 13, 2017

Not sure I like this. As long as it's an extra week at the start and not the end.

Maybe they'll compromise and put it in the middle...

28 minutes ago, ediger said:

#CFL to go to 21 week schedule in 2018#CFLPAhttps://t.co/5VfZZU8RIV pic.twitter.com/VLeTWTW2Lz

— Justin Dunk (@JDunk12) September 13, 2017

Not sure I like this. As long as it's an extra week at the start and not the end.

According to the official league press release, it seems to focus on player safety: https://www.cfl.ca/2017/09/13/cfl-cflpa-work-together-deliver-significant-advances-player-safety/

My money is on Montreal being the other team interested in Johnny Football.  The Als love those questionable big-splash moves and appear to have no plan at QB.

(Here, I'll save someone the trouble of making a FTFY post:  "The Als love those questionable big-splash moves and appear to have no plan at QB.")

13 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

The only surefire starting QB's for 2018 I see right now are BLM, Reilly, Nichols, Harris and Franklin. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Quarterback musical chairs throughout the rest of this year and next off season. 

I'm most interested to see what Lulay decides to do this offseason, whether he feels it's time to retire or wants to give it one more shot.

13 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

The only surefire starting QB's for 2018 I see right now are BLM, Reilly, Nichols, Harris and Franklin. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Quarterback musical chairs throughout the rest of this year and next off season. 

Isn't it nice that we're finally on the list of teams that doesn't have QB questions going into the off-season!