Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

13 hours ago, tracker said:

Does anyone on the Ticat roster look really good this year?  Maybe Tyms' bullpoop quota for the year was exceeded.

ya thats true.. plausible he was unhappy there and it bled into his performance or mannerisms..  tire fires tend to do that to people. 

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

ya thats true.. plausible he was unhappy there and it bled into his performance or mannerisms..  tire fires tend to do that to people. 

Tyms had every opportunity to be the man especially after Tolliver went down. Team was begging him to. Week one he gets blasted by Austin for missing block then later camera catches him laughing with Argo defender.

Barely started after that. Work ethic dont match the skills me thinks

3 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Tyms had every opportunity to be the man especially after Tolliver went down. Team was begging him to. Week one he gets blasted by Austin for missing block then later camera catches him laughing with Argo defender.

Barely started after that. Work ethic dont match the skills me thinks

ah, makes sense.   thanks for the input, appreciate your take on it.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:45 PM, johnzo said:

My money is on Montreal being the other team interested in Johnny Football.  The Als love those questionable big-splash moves and appear to have no plan at QB.

(Here, I'll save someone the trouble of making a FTFY post:  "The Als love those questionable big-splash moves and appear to have no plan at QB.")

Nailed it and I'm never right about anything so I'm gonna pump my own tires here a bit.

Other two teams?  Saskatchewan and Toronto, I'd bet.  Both teams have QBs who are expired or nearly expired.  Jones loves his bad boys and the Argos would do anything for a headline in Toronto.

Edited by johnzo

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

If Johnny Football ended up in Toronto it would be great for selling tickets. Would pay for itself, really.

I think it would be great for the CFL in Toronto, if, if, if, Manziel's head is on right.

If fate had not intervened, a time where Johnny M and Rob Ford existed in the same city would have been awesome.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/redblacks-release-disgruntled-linebacker-khalil-bass

GM Marcel Desjardins said the move isn’t money related. Bass, who had been splitting playing time with Serderius Bryant, was told he was being moved – he would be a backup to Taylor Reed this week.

“He was getting fewer reps than he liked on defence,” said Desjardins. “(Coach) Rick (Campbell) sat down with him and asked if he wanted to be here and he said, ‘No.’ It’s not like he wasn’t on the roster. It’s not like he wasn’t playing. He was playing less. But he was still meant to be part of what we were doing going into this week. He opted to not be here. We don’t want somebody here who doesn’t want to be here.