Regular Season - Bomber News, Developments & Speculation

BigBlue

2 hours ago, tracker said:

I suspect that our defence will take a couple of games to mesh, even if our MLB problem is solved. I also echo the concerns about Richie Hall's strategies, but maybe with a more aggressive front four, that will not be a problem.

6 minutes ago, J5V said:

I still have a little PTSD after Jennings did what he did to our D last year. Looking at this year's D and considering Richie Hall's M.O. I'm more than a little concerned. 

Well then. Richie Hall reaches out to YOU two and YOU two alone..

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/06/21/richie-hall-discusses-open-lb-position/

Jennings never really did a lot actually against us in any game last year. We seemed to confuse/frustrate him alot and forced him into a lot of bad decisions and turnovers

I'm not really worried about our defense like most. In pre-season we didn't do, or show anything really other than a generic front and basic pass rush, no stunts, no mixing up of blitzes, plus no continuity with guys in and out every snap.

Our d-line just based on talent alone will be better and get more pressure and not be as weak on the run. Mix in the actual schemes, and hopefully some changes/tweaks in the philosophy and we will be o.k

Same with our d-backs..Heath all year, healthy Randle..Year two of Loffler, Johnson is solid and smart, Leggett and Wild would start on any team. As would any of our D-lineman who are confirmed as starters (Westerman/Nevis/Oko)

Really whats the concern?...I'm sure Hall knows where to change and mix things up, and gaurantee Osh would be up his backside if things were pourus like last year bleeding yards.

Another thing to consider, most likely our offence will be on the field a lot more winning TOP most games...helping out the defence keeping them fresh

I see the defense in top 2 points allowed this year, leading in takeaways again and i see 11-12 wins minimum

With Hall, the problem may lie in his defensive philosophy of allowing the short game but stopping the long one. In practice, with a carnivorous D-line, that may work, but so far in Hall's tenure here, it has been a mixed success at best.

We talk a lot about our now established OL and how it will key good things on O.  

Well, the "key" to this D will be how quickly the DL (which appears to have added some nice parts) can mesh and provide more push on the passer and interior beef against the run gaps.  

Last season, our D collapsed down the stretch and in the playoff game, because of the lack of both. 

Honest question for guys who have actually played high level football: Is the consistency of personnel along the DL as important as it is for the OL? They always talk about how important it is for the OL to be comfortable playing next to one another, so you know what the guy is going to do. Is it as important on the DL? Will it take them awhile to develop chemistry, since they're a mostly new group? Or can they get going right from Day 1?

Totally as important...some instances even moreso.

Also it really helps with your line backing core and they work hand in hand. If they are all familiar with how the d-line stunts, timing...and they are familiar with their tendencies and strong/weak points it enables them to make more plays too.

That's the beauty and precision of football because it takes a meshing of many moving parts to have success, and it's 9 times out of 10 the reason why joe fan dumps on a player thinking he messed up when usually it's a different player messing up an assignment, or the player trying to do too much and covering up other's errors.

Good example was that pre-season play where everyone blamed Hurl for the 49 yard td run, or Hardrick being blamed for Chungh not finishing off his slide protection correctly

RT .@HerbZurkowsky1  - #AlsMTL have put Ray Drew, Anthony Sarao and QB Matthew Shiltz on one-game IR. Vet DB Ryan Phillips there too #CFL

Darrin Bauming - Kevin Fogg getting some strongside linebacker work today. Options there with Carmichael, Alexander, and obviously Leggett. #Bombers

Sask. is the CFL's youngest team at 26.9 avg while MTL is the oldest at 28.4. Also SK has the highest roster turnover with 29 returning players

Bob Irving - Medlock boots 58-yard Blue Bomber practice field goal with plenty to spare.

Farhan Lalji - Interesting note from #BCLions practice: Purifoy is at safety, Fenner to nickel & Clarke taking 2nd team reps behind TJ Lee, via @FifthQtr

"Proud to have help bring @CFL football back to the #Ottawa region.   @REDBLACKSGM on being extended through 2020.

#RNation #CFL ?‍?And Rick Campbell

CBC News Alert  - Standard and Poor's downgrades Saskatchewan credit rating, citing low commodity prices. 

?‍?I don't know how, but  I think it's related to the Chris Jones regime…

CFL News - If Drew Willy comes back to a #CFL team, @JamesCybulski says it'll be #Riders. @DavisSanchez  says it could be #AlsMTL. via @CFL

Ian Busby - Stampeders open season with nine players on long term injured list, including three offensive linemen. Familiar storyline

?‍?Per Twitter the Riders most popular QB's are the Als starter, followed by the Esks backup, then the Esks 3rd stringer, then Kevin Glenn #CFL

If the #Riders don’t improve, Chris Jones will be fired says @DarrellDavisSK #CFL #RiderNation #YQR #AlsMTL 3downnation.com/2017/06/22/rid…

54 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

RT .@HerbZurkowsky1  - #AlsMTL have put Ray Drew, Anthony Sarao and QB Matthew Shiltz on one-game IR. Vet DB Ryan Phillips there too #CFL

Darrin Bauming - Kevin Fogg getting some strongside linebacker work today. Options there with Carmichael, Alexander, and obviously Leggett. #Bombers

Sask. is the CFL's youngest team at 26.9 avg while MTL is the oldest at 28.4. Also SK has the highest roster turnover with 29 returning players

Bob Irving - Medlock boots 58-yard Blue Bomber practice field goal with plenty to spare.

Farhan Lalji - Interesting note from #BCLions practice: Purifoy is at safety, Fenner to nickel & Clarke taking 2nd team reps behind TJ Lee, via @FifthQtr

"Proud to have help bring @CFL football back to the #Ottawa region.   @REDBLACKSGM on being extended through 2020.

#RNation #CFL ?‍?And Rick Campbell

CBC News Alert  - Standard and Poor's downgrades Saskatchewan credit rating, citing low commodity prices. 

?‍?I don't know how, but  I think it's related to the Chris Jones regime…

CFL News - If Drew Willy comes back to a #CFL team, @JamesCybulski says it'll be #Riders. @DavisSanchez  says it could be #AlsMTL. via @CFL

Ian Busby - Stampeders open season with nine players on long term injured list, including three offensive linemen. Familiar storyline

?‍?Per Twitter the Riders most popular QB's are the Als starter, followed by the Esks backup, then the Esks 3rd stringer, then Kevin Glenn #CFL

If the #Riders don’t improve, Chris Jones will be fired says @DarrellDavisSK #CFL #RiderNation #YQR #AlsMTL 3downnation.com/2017/06/22/rid…

I didn't know literacy was a commodity.....

47 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Andrew Harris comes up limping at Bomber practice--left leg giving him problems. Extent unknown.

Let me be the first to say ...

Image result for Noooo meme

sòk.  we got the bye week to let him heal it up a bit and flanders is more then a capable option for the short term.  I believe we have the ratio flexibility to not let it hinder us too much..

We coped last year just fine with Flanders.

Wonder what the least damaging ratio change we can make is ... Coates in full time, maybe?

Took a look at the Bomber roster and noticed that Richards is back on the active roster; also noticed they don't have an injury list published so I guess he's still hurt?

I don't think people around the league realize how dominate the Bombers oline was in the last 13 weeks of the season. They gave up only 19 sacks that works out to 1.4 a game while Calgary over that same period gave up 14 or 1.1 Edmonton gave up 24 for 1.8 a game while BC gave up 26 for 2 a game. This was after giving up 16 sacks or 3.2 a game in the first five.