Regular Season - Bomber News, Developments & Speculation

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Because of Jade Etienne and making the same mistake twice....  

So you shouldn't be allowed here because...Road Griller?

There is no logic or reason in your statement.  These things are totally unrelated.  Go be mad at Etienne and Mack.

8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, how in the hell could we release him? Being injured is never a good sign for any draft pick. It limits both the player and the team that drafts him. Maybe that's it for the kid. Maybe not, but wouldn't you really like to know if he had something to begin with?

Keeping him around was never a problem for the Blue until now. Maybe now there is a replacementski, but it really was only the fan base that complained about him. And for no reason. Can you imagine the hue and cry if we had released him too early and he went on to better things? 

No, his time will come, one way or the other.

Really no one will care.  Players come & go all the time changing teams. If we are doing well throwing the ball then he won't be missed. Besides, how can you miss someone who never plays & contributes? 

Ed Tait hits another one on this feature about Hardrick. It's hard to not to like  jumpin' Jermarcus .

Jermarcus Hardrick

And this team… that’s my other family. I only had one kind of emotion growing up: I was mad or hating or angry. I didn’t love. Football was the first thing I loved besides my family. I love coming to work with the people I work with. They make it so much fun. And Matt Nichols… he’s a fearless quarterback. I just want to thank him every day and make him know I love him. I tell him I’m willing to do anything for him because I know he will for me. I love everything about him.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/08/07/long-read-side-jermarcus-hardrick/

IMG_0588.jpg
Edited by Mr Dee

From field level...or ball boy boo boo 

In the BC game, in the 2nd quarter, at the 11:19 mark, Matt Nichols, on 2nd and ten, completed a short pass to Andrew Harris, who proceeded to get 14 yards on the play. However, he fumbled. No call was made on the field as to a fumble. 

How many remember that series?

I remember the series, but it's what happens just after that play that a problem occurs. We didn't get to see any of it because of TSN's wonderful in-game interview policy. This time with Randy Ambrosie.

The Bombers wanted to hurry up and get the next play underway before BC could have a look at it. Trouble was the ball boy hadn't brought out a ball. He had seen the fumble and was waiting for a ruling. Trouble is, that's not his call. He's supposed to bring out a ball to the officials for the team on offence.

Since the Bombers got the ball late, they couldn't get the snap underway and that gave time for BC to see the fumble on replay and challenge the ruling. 

They did, and a Bomber fumble was ruled. Since BC recovered, it was now BC ball. 

That change of possession led to a BC fg.

Mike O'Shea and Matt Nichols were livid, but there was nothing they could do...

It just goes to show there is more to what happens on the field than we can see.

13 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

From field level...or ball boy boo boo 

In the BC game, in the 2nd quarter, at the 11:19 mark, Matt Nichols, on 2nd and ten, completed a short pass to Andrew Harris, who proceeded to get 14 yards on the play. However, he fumbled. No call was made on the field as to a fumble. 

How many remember that series?

I remember the series, but it's what happens just after that play that a problem occurs. We didn't get to see any of it because of TSN's wonderful in-game interview policy. This time with Randy Ambrosie.

The Bombers wanted to hurry up and get the next play underway before BC could have a look at it. Trouble was the ball boy hadn't brought out a ball. He had seen the fumble and was waiting for a ruling. Trouble is, that's not his call. He's supposed to bring out a ball to the officials for the team on offence.

Since the Bombers got the ball late, they couldn't get the snap underway and that gave time for BC to see the fumble on replay and challenge the ruling. 

They did, and a Bomber fumble was ruled. Since BC recovered, it was now BC ball. 

That change of possession led to a BC fg.

Mike O'Shea and Matt Nichols were livid, but there was nothing they could do...

It just goes to show there is more to what happens on the field than we can see.

New ball boy next game.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:28 AM, Mr Dee said:

It's not likely, but wouldn't it be a huge middle finger to all the naysayers if we could feature 2 NI starting receivers in the lineup when injuries take their toll?

About as much as starting hurl at MLB. Its more a sign of how we have had to adjust our ratio.  Though if denny doesnt re find some of that magic from last year we might be better off with an NI in his place. Which is sad to say as a denny fan. 

On 8/4/2017 at 3:15 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

We won't win a Cup again until we have at least one Canadian receiver whose last name ends with "ski".

what if they are smart enough to spell toboggan?

On 8/3/2017 at 11:26 AM, SPuDS said:

wonder if we could offer him up as trade bait? shame his sample size is so small..  or who knows, maybe hes into next year project territory already..

sigh.

I dont think we could get a 12 pack of empties for richards and 5 bucks. 

I read the hardrick piece, another great write up.  Only makes you love a guy like that even more. Allways seems to be a positive force and a leader I hope his career here is long and fruitful. Would love to see him move here so his son becomes NI eligible too :P Hardrick for a dad, track star for a mom, sounds like a promising start. 

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Ed Tait hits another one on this feature about Hardrick. It's hard to not to like  jumpin' Jermarcus .

Jermarcus Hardrick

And this team… that’s my other family. I only had one kind of emotion growing up: I was mad or hating or angry. I didn’t love. Football was the first thing I loved besides my family. I love coming to work with the people I work with. They make it so much fun. And Matt Nichols… he’s a fearless quarterback. I just want to thank him every day and make him know I love him. I tell him I’m willing to do anything for him because I know he will for me. I love everything about him.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/08/07/long-read-side-jermarcus-hardrick/

IMG_0588.jpg

Wow! That's some pretty powerful talk right there. Powerful talk from a powerful man. Love it. Thanks Dee.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, TBURGESS said:

Add in Kito Poblah and it's 3 times.

Doesn't matter, gotta keep swinging for the fences every time we get up to bat.  There are not a lot of good NI receivers anymore.  The upside is huge, so keep bringing them in - and forget about the ones who didn't make it in the past.  The same with NI OL. 

On 8/7/2017 at 5:21 PM, Dr. Blue said:

Not that this really means anything right now, but just interesting to see.

dare to dream. Thats about the position i would expect him to be in tbh.

4 hours ago, tracker said:

Is it too late to trade Richards? Toronto might be interested.

Fajardo, SJ greene, and coombs would be fair. They can even keep their first this year!:ph34r:

I don't know who is wearing 92 but it sure isn't the same Drake Nevis that played for the Tiger Cats in 2015 as that man was an unstoppable beast.  He may be clogging up the middle but he certainly isn't getting great penetration and looks to be in poor athletic condition as both Poop and Thomas are taking more reps. than he is.  I may be mistaken but I don't believe he was brought in as a nose guard.  Trying to find info. on his weight gain over the years as that may be the culprit but haven't found anything so far.  As Poop said in his interview yesterday, in the CFL an interior D-lineman can not be one dimensional, he must run stop but he also needs to contribute to pressuring the QB.  I think if Nevis does not improve by years end there will be S.M.S. savings to be had with a cheaper replacement next year.  Sad because I was a big fan of his acquisition.

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't know who is wearing 92 but it sure isn't the same Drake Nevis that played for the Tiger Cats in 2015 as that man was an unstoppable beast.  He may be clogging up the middle but he certainly isn't getting great penetration and looks to be in poor athletic condition as both Poop and Thomas are taking more reps. than he is.  I may be mistaken but I don't believe he was brought in as a nose guard.  Trying to find info. on his weight gain over the years as that may be the culprit but haven't found anything so far.  As Poop said in his interview yesterday, in the CFL an interior D-lineman can not be one dimensional, he must run stop but he also needs to contribute to pressuring the QB.  I think if Nevis does not improve by years end there will be S.M.S. savings to be had with a cheaper replacement next year.  Sad because I was a big fan of his acquisition.

I noticed the same thing...His play has fallen off and he sure isn't as advertised...Looks like another Cummings, who by the way has come to play for Edm and looked like a monster last night.....what's with that

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Don't know what you guys are watching. Nevis gets doubled every play. That's why Poop and Thomas have been able to have the success they have.

Initially I thought the same but re-watching the RB game I think Thomas is benefiting mostly from Poop's tailwind, not from Nevis.  As far as I could tell Nevis is getting no more attention than Poop and he is producing poorer results, often left stranded on the outside looking in.  He just does not look very athletic and has little mobility which was not the case when he was in Hamilton.  It may not be entirely his fault as I mentioned they may have brought him in to play nose-guard ala Ted Laurent and with the discovery of Poop that plan went into the dustbin.