TSN CFL Fantasy Football

Rich

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

how is the bombers D the 2nd most expensive? I don't get the formula they use in coming up with prices. 

My strategy has been, 1) Find a solid $2500 guy, 2) Randomly pick D, cheap = best. 3) Use superior football knowledge to obliterate the competition. 

I still have faith in #1 & #2. 

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

how is the bombers D the 2nd most expensive? I don't get the formula they use in coming up with prices. 

The important thing to remember is that it doesn't matter how they come up with prices.  If you think a player is overpriced, don't pick him.  If he seems underpriced, that's a good pick.  It's all about points per dollar.  The pricing system could be completely arbitrary and it would have no effect on the game.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:19 AM, MOBomberFan said:

Soooooo glad I loaded up on Toronto players... Bombers slammed the friggin door on them. I had Ray, Green and Whitaker... all those dropped TDs were bittersweet boy

I have Ray & Green too.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

9 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

So if I load up with Ottawa players will i get essentially double the points as they play 2 games in 1  cfl week? I see on my options they have both the the OTT/MTL and OTT/TO games listed

**edit: I see they jacked the prices on ottawa players

Tried to load up on them, but had a really hard time with it... exactly like you said, they jacked up the prices.  I guess it sorta makes sense, but the salary cap is extremely restrictive.

Anyone else find that they have 1 or 2 almost throwaway spots to stay under the cap?

5 minutes ago, Sard said:

Tried to load up on them, but had a really hard time with it... exactly like you said, they jacked up the prices.  I guess it sorta makes sense, but the salary cap is extremely restrictive.

Anyone else find that they have 1 or 2 almost throwaway spots to stay under the cap?

yep I usually go low with the 2nd RB spot and 2nd WR or flex, there was some good options this week for cheap players that seem to touch the ball a lot; Ross Scheuerman (Ham RB) and Anthony Coombs both at $2500 is a a sweet deal. Just hope Hamilton runs the ball a little more this week

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yup.  I can take three people I want, and the rest have to be bums who hardly play.  This isn't very enjoyable.

Ross Scheurman was the highest scoring player on my team last week. I spent nearly half my cap on 3 players last week and it bought me 13 points.

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Ross Scheurman was the highest scoring player on my team last week. I spent nearly half my cap on 3 players last week and it bought me 13 points.

Didn't help that Jennings went down on the first series.  Nick Moore saved me from having a week worse than if I had let my 3 year old niece pick my team.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Didn't help that Jennings went down on the first series.  Nick Moore saved me from having a week worse than if I had let my 3 year old niece pick my team.

I swear I actually talked my wife out of picking Nick Moore last week because he's 'done nothing'. Needless to say I've been careful not to complain about my bad week.

Edited by MOBomberFan
last week

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Holy crap KBF,  you're 4th overall! Good luck for.the last two weeks!

Thanks for the well wishes. I am confused as anyone as to how this happened. Makes me wish I had taken this contest more seriously earlier in the year. It really is a struggle to know who is starting and who isn't, especially this time of year.  Draftkings has helped a bit with that.

That said if anyone wants to lend a hand and give me some ideas for who to take this week and next week I would appreciate it.  I would like to see the Bombers destroy BC this week at home but don't want to be too much of a homer.

Would like to go to the Grey Cup this year!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

well I took a hit tonight in the pool and was feeling bad about it until I noticed that everyone who beat me in the national race is over the cap.  How did that happen I asked.  Then I read the rules.  If you refer people to the site you get "bonus dollars" that you can use to go over the cap.  Ok, so next year I'm referring the mother in law, the dog, the parakeet.  What a joke.  

The fact you placed as high as you have with the 40k cap goes to show we don't need the extra cash to cobble together a decent team. The referral bonus is stupid. Ya, TSN needs help promoting the game... but it's more fun if all players are on equal footing. As if this sort of perk couldn't be exploited if someone were bored and motivated enough to refer fake accounts. At least everyone in the MBB league stuck with the 40k cap.

On 6/21/2017 at 5:46 AM, Rich said:

A reminder to those who signed up to set your roster for the upcoming week.

For those who would like to join, follow this link:  

https://fantasy-api.cfl.ca/en/league_invitation?league_id=339&code=6483bdb1-2a7c-48a4-bd85-bc2049bad1e0

all right, didn't win the overall. Guy who did won it with bonus dollars.  Will have to review this strategy for next year.

• Rich unpinned this topic