SASKATCHEWAN @ MONTREAL

Mr Dee

Not that bad a roster...They have decent depth and quality Canadians and actually I kinda like their O-Line...definitely not worst in the league.

Also I think Durant can make a lot happen with Jackson, Underwood and Cunningham catching balls and Logan too if used properly. 

They will also have a running game, so I see them in second in the east easily, and possibly pushing for first, with even double digits in wins especially if Durant plays all 18

9 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Scary, maybe not.... but many are predicting them to finish last in the east and maybe the league... but when I look at that roster that's not what I see.

However coaching is a big wildcard in Montreal.

I agree that Montreal will be better than last. Ottawa is going to suffer without Burris. Toronto will be better because of coaching, until Ray gets hurt again. Hamilton will be ok until Collaros goes down. The East is a toss up, impossible to say who will be last. The Key to Montreal will be the OLine, if they can DD time they will do ok.  From what I've seen of DD that last couple years, without time he struggled a lot. Some might say moderately successful. If the Riders get after him tonight, we win. 5 sacks for us today on route to a victory.

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I agree that Montreal will be better than last. Ottawa is going to suffer without Burris. Toronto will be better because of coaching, until Ray gets hurt again. Hamilton will be ok until Collaros goes down. The East is a toss up, impossible to say who will be last. The Key to Montreal will be the OLine, if they can DD time they will do ok.  From what I've seen of DD that last couple years, without time he struggled a lot. Some might say moderately successful. If the Riders get after him tonight, we win. 5 sacks for us today on route to a victory.

QB pressure is almost always mentioned as being the key to victory.  However, if a D is giving up too much in coverage in order to generate pressure, that spells trouble.  

Just now, Mark H. said:

QB pressure is almost always mentioned as being the key to victory.  However, if a D is giving up too much in coverage in order to generate pressure, that spells trouble.  

We have to generate pressure just rushing 4. Muamba is the other key for us, he has to shut the run down, forcing Durant into passing situations. Durant doesn't like being rushed 

Not sure tho your line will be able to get after him consistently. 

Jefferson is for sure a stud, but he will be schemed against and it will minimize him, as well he will be going up against one of the best, if not the best O.T  Olifyioe...or however you spell it.

Steele was an...and stress was again average tackle who was dumped and nobody really wanted him, especially for $ he was asking so for all intents and purposes was a scrap heap pick-up

Minter too, big body, but not dominant plus very out of shape and will take plays off because he is gassed...watch for that tonight.

Also their rotational depth after that is weak and Montreal run game is gonna wear them down and the flood gates will burst.

Montreal doesn't look that bad on paper right now. I expect them to win more games than last year, but their Achilles heal is the health of Durant. I don't see him playing more than 10-12 games and then they are back to where they were last year... playing an inexperienced QB. Add in the fact that they aren't as good, personal wise, on defence as they were last year and I can see them losing most of the games that Durant can't play. 

56 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Montreal doesn't look that bad on paper right now. I expect them to win more games than last year, but their Achilles heal is the health of Durant. I don't see him playing more than 10-12 games and then they are back to where they were last year... playing an inexperienced QB. Add in the fact that they aren't as good, personal wise, on defence as they were last year and I can see them losing most of the games that Durant can't play. 

Letting Woods go will show to be a big mistake. He covered up a lot of warts on that defense. Now they are just old. They will not be the force they have been in the past.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Not sure tho your line will be able to get after him consistently. 

Jefferson is for sure a stud, but he will be schemed against and it will minimize him, as well he will be going up against one of the best, if not the best O.T  Olifyioe...or however you spell it.

Steele was an...and stress was again average tackle who was dumped and nobody really wanted him, especially for $ he was asking so for all intents and purposes was a scrap heap pick-up

Minter too, big body, but not dominant plus very out of shape and will take plays off because he is gassed...watch for that tonight.

Also their rotational depth after that is weak and Montreal run game is gonna wear them down and the flood gates will burst.

I think you are wrong about Steele and Minter. I'm surprised no love for a hometown boy. Riders front 4 are going to be good this year. I don't like Leonard and think Tull will take the job quickly from him as the starter

20 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I took Durant and Ernest Jackson on my draft kings team. I fully expect to see a focused Darian Durant put up big numbers against his former team. 

You should have taken Tyrell Sutton.  That's where the Als will win; they will run all over the Riders.

Durant will have an average evening.  1 maybe 2 passing TD's

23 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I think you are wrong about Steele and Minter. I'm surprised no love for a hometown boy. Riders front 4 are going to be good this year. I don't like Leonard and think Tull will take the job quickly from him as the starter

Of course you do, you're a blind homer who can't accept the fact that your team is a circus and that Chris Jones isn't the saviour everyone thought he was. 

8 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

You should have taken Tyrell Sutton.  That's where the Als will win; they will run all over the Riders.

Durant will have an average evening.  1 maybe 2 passing TD's

We won't be playing our backups today

Just now, 17to85 said:

Of course you do, you're a blind homer who can't accept the fact that your team is a circus and that Chris Jones isn't the saviour everyone thought he was. 

I'm enjoying reading the comments about how bad we are from you guys. It will make for good reading next week when you come here and keep your butts kicked.

Just now, Ripper said:

I'm enjoying reading the comments about how bad we are from you guys. It will make for good reading next week when you come here and keep your butts kicked.

Likewise we are enjoying your comments and we only have to wait another 8 hours or so until the Riders are getting stomped.

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Will you enjoy it after Durant kicks the Riders asses up and down the field tonight? Or will you slink away and hide in your hole until something positive happens?