SASKATCHEWAN @ MONTREAL

Mr Dee

37 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You are right. I'm sorry. I was thinking of the BC game where we had 7 but 2 called back on penalties. I should have checked before I posted. I don't like posting stats that are not accurate

That's OK, we understand the difficulty you're having with math, what with being from Saskatchewan and all.

21 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Saskatchewan at Montreal

?‍?Anxious to see the game between the Riders and Montreal on Thursday. Not for the obvious reasons but to see Duron Carter and his highly touted blocking skills. It seems like only yesterday when we first saw the signs of his blossoming skill. He took out HC Rick Campbell with barely a touch. Imagine what he could do if he imagined the enemy was Rakeem Kato.

And, oh, I do want to see Durant dismantle Chris Jones ego..

AND

We’re going there to win. We’re going there to set the bar for the season. We’re going there to show not only Winnipeg but everyone around the league what kind of defence we are, what kind of team we are, the way we get after the football, the way we move the football. -Zach Minter

Saskatchewan’s linebacking corps will start one veteran (Henoc Muamba, in the middle) and two CFL rookies (Erick Dargan on the weak side and Sam Williams on the strong side) 

?‍?Montreal’s offence vs. Sask. defence…Montreal wins

erm.. wut? lol.  you sure you wanna take pot shots at us already??

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I'm enjoying reading the comments about how bad we are from you guys. It will make for good reading next week when you come here and keep your butts kicked.

you forgot to put the /sarcasm behind that. 

oh.. you were serious??

baaaahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.  *wipes tear*

34 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Obtuse?  Did you look that one up?  Of course I can clearly see the difference. Nichols needs to take the next step this year to solidify himself as a capable starter I would say. Glenn is done and is a stop gap for us. I still think he has some wins left in him however, especially against you.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. He has more than established himself as a "capable starter". He's way beyond that.

RE: Stats

Stats in Preseason don't mean a thing. That's why the Riders blowout loss to BC doesn't matter but neither does the tie with the Bombers.

56 minutes ago, Ripper said:

so are you. Nichols wasn't a starter anywhere else before now

Better re-check stats again..Nichols won starting job originally in Edmonton then had a wicked awful injury.

Also was starter again in Edmonton and led them to a 5-2 record but Mr Smarts Jonsie benched him for no real apparent reason other than he didn't like him, and later on we got him for nothing basically

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I don't really think that's much of a pot shot. But it is a weird thing to say.

id put it on the blackboard.  hes "putting us on notice" essentially, which is a pretty bizarre way to start the season imo. 

Edited by SPuDS

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

Better re-check stats again..Nichols won starting job originally in Edmonton then had a wicked awful injury.

Also was starter again in Edmonton and led them to a 5-2 record but Mr Smarts Jonsie benched him for no real apparent reason other than he didn't like him, and later on we got him for nothing basically

So Nichols was just misunderstood in Edmonton and was better than what else they had? Ok then..

29 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

you forgot to put the /sarcasm behind that. 

oh.. you were serious??

baaaahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.  *wipes tear*

I'll put it in there next time so you can follow along and keep up

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

So Nichols was just misunderstood in Edmonton and was better than what else they had? Ok then..

Referring to your reference that he was NEVER A STARTER BEFORE...so just correcting your statement besed on a lack of not knowing what you are talking about.

Who know's about what went on in Edmonton...Jones was running things so probably not a lot of sensibility and top tier HC'ing going on.

Much like now actually...Jones would probably kill to have Nichols behind center there at moment compared to his 3 options he has now

Edited by Booch

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

not misunderstood at all. He beat Reilly in TC for the starters spot. Had his foot flipped around on a play, and Reilly never looked back. It's not a shot at either players talent. I don't think anyone would say Edmonton was foolish to stay with Reilly, but it also doesn't change the fact that Nichols was the starter at that time. So contrary to your belief, Nichols has proven himself as a starter, not only coming out of a competitive TC but also stepping in and taking the reigns when asked to mid season  including a win at the last ever labour day in the barn.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

not misunderstood at all. He beat Reilly in TC for the starters spot. Had his foot flipped around on a play, and Reilly never looked back. It's not a shot at either players talent. I don't think anyone would say Edmonton was foolish to stay with Reilly, but it also doesn't change the fact that Nichols was the starter at that time. So contrary to your belief, Nichols has proven himself as a starter, not only coming out of a competitive TC but also stepping in and taking the reigns when asked to mid season  including a win at the last ever labour day in the barn.

Actually, when you think about it, Reilly going to Edmonton was not the disaster it seemed at the time in this forum. Had Reilly come to Winnipeg, he probably would have been beaten to pulp much as the admittedly slow-footed Willy was. We were incredibly fortunate to get what we got for Willy and have only a maybe good quarterback to grieve over instead of wailing how great Reilly was before he was put onto long-term disability.

13 hours ago, LeBird said:

My most enjoyable part of a Riders' loss is watching Jones on the side lines burning a long fuse.

That is very enjoyable to watch. How long before the 'win with some class' comes out this season? 

It would also be nice too see a good flareup between him and Carter on the sideline first game into the season. 

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That is very enjoyable to watch. How long before the 'win with some class' comes out this season? 

It would also be nice too see a good flareup between him and Carter on the sideline first game into the season. 

I don't know how they can fit two egos of that size into the same locker room at the same time.

33 minutes ago, tracker said:

Actually, when you think about it, Reilly going to Edmonton was not the disaster it seemed at the time in this forum. Had Reilly come to Winnipeg, he probably would have been beaten to pulp much as the admittedly slow-footed Willy was. We were incredibly fortunate to get what we got for Willy and have only a maybe good quarterback to grieve over instead of wailing how great Reilly was before he was put onto long-term disability.

Reilly was beat to a pulp in his first two seasons in Edm. they did not have a very good team.

54 minutes ago, Booch said:

On a team that was set up the previous year, and Jones basically walked into. Not by any way shape or form due to him being the architect of it.

Evidence is showing now that the Smoes won in spite of him 

I think it proved that Jones is a great defensive coach and a pretty good HC... his skills as a GM, however... the results are currently speaking for themselves... 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I think it proved that Jones is a great defensive coach and a pretty good HC... his skills as a GM, however... the results are currently speaking for themselves... 

He needs someone to keep his massive ego in check. Let him go crazy with defensive schemes but don't let him do the roster building. 

A long standing bias against him but still insist Kavis is a liability and find his continued employment baffling.

Chap might be technically proficient but find it hard to beleive he can lead and inspire, especially americans. Bellefeuille was the same way in HAM..a sound coach but imports deemed him to be high school calibre...unfair but perception is reality

Jones must have given the job interview of a life time for Rider BOG to buy into him and give him that much time and power. Too much power too long a leash

36 minutes ago, Zontar said:

A long standing bias against him but still insist Kavis is a liability and find his continued employment baffling.

Chap might be technically proficient but find it hard to beleive he can lead and inspire, especially americans. Bellefeuille was the same way in HAM..a sound coach but imports deemed him to be high school calibre...unfair but perception is reality

Jones must have given the job interview of a life time for Rider BOG to buy into him and give him that much time and power. Too much power too long a leash

Any insight from Hamilton why Condell left and didn't return to the Ticats?