SASKATCHEWAN @ MONTREAL

Mr Dee

Even with a fake TD "moral victory" and "better than last year" are making the rounds. Meanwhile in MTL they are are going to quickly discover they wont beat many with that offense. They used to rely on defense to patch things over but it looked last night those days are gone

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

Even with a fake TD "moral victory" and "better than last year" are making the rounds. Meanwhile in MTL they are are going to quickly discover they wont beat many with that offense. They used to rely on defense to patch things over but it looked last night those days are gone

Typical Chaps game plan. So frustrating to watch. Lions fans know what I'm talking about. 

Ive read over at RFs that Jones is more coach than GM. He's proving to be an awful GM and his in game coaching decisions are sorely lacking.  A cold Young QB into the game at the 5 yard line with the game in the balance?  Clock management in the last minute?  Looked foolish. 

Montreal's scheme was useless. 

Most plays were 3 down lineman, and the splits were way wide. Almost at times directly over the tackles, and it's not like you need a lot of contain with Glenn at QB.

Shologan as well is not a guy you want as your nose, tacking up the center and guards attention. He just not big, or good enough.  If Saskatchewan was smart...which they showed they weren't they would have worked Marshall and Morris to death between the tackles. The back generally barely had a hand laid on him until they were in the second level...poor coaching and game management.

Why they let Cash go is baffling...I would love to have him on our line, but that being said I think Poop will change that in short order. Man that guy is fast off the snap and in the linemans face before he is set, if he hasn't already shot the gap

And kind of gross listening to TSN pump Glenns tires, some better hands by the dbs and he tossed a few ints last night. Lots of dink and dunk passes by Glenn but he never looked like a guy who was going to beat anyone. 

Pretty typical early season football game, both teams looked like garbage. Always nice to see the Riders taking a pile of undisciplined penalties too. 

8 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

The Riders OLine will be tested next week. Bombers are solid up front. 

in THEORY.........but I thought that last year, too, with the upgrades we made......so, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach to our DL. #HeresHoping

Looking forward to Saskatchewan's schedule leading up to labor day they should be somewhat worried.

They now go: WPG-HAM-CGY-TO-BC-BC-EDM-WPG

Not to be a rider basher but they could very well be 0-8 leading up to Labor day if we don't crap the bed next week. I think our bed crapping days are behind us and really we have game film on them now and looking at what they have going there we should not be losing that game

Toronto I think has a better defense than Montreal and Trestman will cook a better game so of all those games coming up that could be the one they win, but I'm doubting it..

1-7 at best for them to start...2-6 would be shocking 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And kind of gross listening to TSN pump Glenns tires, some better hands by the dbs and he tossed a few ints last night. Lots of dink and dunk passes by Glenn but he never looked like a guy who was going to beat anyone.  

Did you know that Glenn has almost 50 000 yards passing?   

I think they brought that up every 2nd play.  

I also noticed no mention of the lame ducks he tossed deep in the 2nd half...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

in THEORY.........but I thought that last year, too, with the upgrades we made......so, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach to our DL. #HeresHoping

I didn't have high hopes for our d-line because Shologan was not an answer and we planned to use Thomas in heavy rotation..Basically negating our ends cause they could be double teamed

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

Why they let Cash go is baffling...I would love to have him on our line

He was floating around for weeks as a free agent.

I don't get that.  I was really hoping we'd get him. I guess we already had Nevis. at that point. don't know.

We've all watched him singlehandedly wrecking plays. Repeatedly.

hope the guy we did get is as good as Cash.

Edited by Mark F

I actually thought Montreal got a decent amount of pressure in the first quarter, they were forcing his hand quite a bit. Did I hear correctly that McAdoo called 93% pass in the first half?

Saskatchewan is just a terribly coached football team. We should take them to the cleaners next week.

Als deserved that win since the CFL gave Sask a TD hat wasn't a TD.

KG and Durant were overall better than I expected.

SK OL gave KG time and he responded better than I thought he would to getting roughed up a couple of times. Usually you get to him once or twice and he just folds.

Demski had his best game as a Rider. But I am still not sold on Demski.

Well, not happy with the outcome but it is what it is. Oline played well, picked up the blitz pretty well and gave Glenn time. Typical Glenn outing, played pretty good but not great.  Heart breaker to see that field goal go wide. Not gonna lie, that one hurt.

Well, I loved the result and as Jones said, with 21 penalties and 3 turnovers you aren't going to win many games. I thought Glenn played quite well but did that look like "the best receiving corp in the league"?