SASKATCHEWAN @ MONTREAL

Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Well, I loved the result and as Jones said, with 21 penalties and 3 turnovers you aren't going to win many games. I thought Glenn played quite well but did that look like "the best receiving corp in the league"? 

the fact Dunigan said it could be the best of all time makes me never want to put his jersey on ever again. I have no idea how he could say that, considering some of the past corps out there. Stegall Simon bruce immediately comes to mind. But even past MTL/BC/CGY teams are better on paper, and then in actual games. Really shocked me he'd go that far. 

Nice little shot from Derek Taylor to Carter last night after his 2 targets, 2 drops performance. Guess Carter got on DT on Twitter a little while back, when DT didn't call him the best receiver in the league. Gave it to him pretty good, and DT last night had a good little shot at him for it. Fun times, all around...

But really though, that game was what it was - the two worst teams in the league battling to see who wasn't going to blow it. Coaching stood out as incredibly poor all around last night, whether it be the offensive game plans, the lack of adjustments or the overall game management (on one side)

Part of me hopes Chris Jones wises up and starts bringing a four man rush against us, one less guy for our receivers to deal with in the secondary and our OL will shut them down anyways. Their ends are athletic and a challenge, but their interior is not viewed as a threat by any means. Their secondary didn't play as bad as I was expecting last night, but at the same time, Durant didn't really challenge them much and the one time he did, it was an exceptionally poor showing by Gainey (who is supposed to be the leader) who let Cunningham waltz into the end zone.

I'm not as high on the Riders OL as most were after last night either, Glenn did a good job of getting the ball out but he was facing pressure from that right side all night and had the pocket collapse numerous times. Our interior defensive line is also going to be way more disruptive than Montreal's was.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the health of our defensive backs right now - doesn't sound like Bruce Johnson is going to go, but I sure hope Leggett can get in there and play. That would be a difference maker for us.

15 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I've got a running theory that Derek Taylor's existence at TSN is to troll. (If it is, I'm not complaining!) Can't think of another plausible explanation.

i just got told SSK's o-line was "drastically" better than ours. 

Now im no expert, but does that make sense in any way, shape or form?!

only in Bizarro world my friend

12 hours ago, Booch said:

Nobody deserved to win that...but Montreal eeked it out mainly due to poor reffing and total lack of creativity on both sides of call.

Grant td was totally a fumble..Lewis was down by contact..u can see from the straight on camera angle that when back of his hand then elbow hit turf his hand was still around that ball..like etc video review looked at on both those is baffling

And 1 game in Carter was causing riffs on sidelines and in house squabbling.. like really?

U could see in his face on field he was pouting about game..his lack of throws..and this is exactly what u get from him.

And also not sure if it's just me bout Jones just comes off as a tool..

you, me, every fan in the cfl,  rest of the league besides everyone in saskabush..

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

The only thing I'm concerned about is the health of our defensive backs right now - doesn't sound like Bruce Johnson is going to go, but I sure hope Leggett can get in there and play. That would be a difference maker for us.

I thought Glenn played well and he always seems to have success against us. Let's hope we can apply some pressure, maybe get a few licks in and maybe force a few turnovers.

It seemed to me that we got into a habit of starting slowly last year and would turn it on in the second half. I'm hoping to see us improve on our starts and play hard for 60 minutes. Not to sound like BLM but we need to show the Riders who they really are and get them down early and not take our foot off their throats.

Just now, J5V said:

I thought Glenn played well and he always seems to have success against us. Let's hope we can apply some pressure, maybe get a few licks in and maybe force a few turnovers.

It seemed to me that we got into a habit of starting slowly last year and would turn it on in the second half. I'm hoping to see us improve on our starts and play hard for 60 minutes. Not to sound like BLM but we need to show the Riders who they really are and get them down early and not take our foot off their throats.

Not recently.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care what people in the media or the fans of other teams think about the Bombers.  Doesn't bother me in the slightest if everyone else thinks that we're going to be a bottom feeder.   The only thing that concerns me is what we actually do.  So if the media thinks that it needs to pump the tires of the flatbillies for whatever reason, pump away.  I have a feeling that shortly, there are going to be some pretty flat tires in Regina that are going to need pumping!

Just now, Gotmilt said:

From ontario, played for the Argos

Too many jolts to the head probably.

huh.  weird, must be post concussion syndrome then ya lol.  I totally thought he played for the riders or was from saskatchewan with how much love hes always showing them.

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care what people in the media or the fans of other teams think about the Bombers.  Doesn't bother me in the slightest if everyone else thinks that we're going to be a bottom feeder.   The only thing that concerns me is what we actually do.  So if the media thinks that it needs to pump the tires of the flatbillies for whatever reason, pump away.  I have a feeling that shortly, there are going to be some pretty flat tires in Regina that are going to need pumping!

I don't really care, at this point i'm pretty sure it's just trolling.

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Schultz likely hates the Bombers because of all the seasons against the Bombers. Especially from 90-94 when we would routinely stomp them..... :) 

I'm sure he tries to be objective. :rolleyes:

Just now, J5V said:

I'm sure he tries to be objective. :rolleyes:

Yup......lol

I remember my high school football days. And to this day there is one school I still cant stand!!! They were just that one team we could never beat! No matter our record or theirs we just couldn't find away to beat them. Call it bad luck, call it a curse call it whatever you want. But They gave me nightmares lol. I think that's what Schultz feels.

Yes, #Roughriders lose because the field-goal kicker misses, but why did #ChrisJones remove his starting QB in the red zone. Dumb call. #CFL

?‍?Ah, can we say it was a bad game for Duron Carter?

Didn't see much difference between Durant and Glenn…Glenn would have got the edge ‘cept for the int. and should-have-been-int. 

Glenn did just enough to not win. Steady. 

Would Durant have won that game for the Riders?  Can't see the difference it would have made.

Jovon Johnson played the best I've seen him play in quite a while..

That Mincy guy had a good game.

I've never seen Demski have a better game…save for that one rookieish catch and lose yards play…

What the hell was that clock management at the end of the game?

Ah, about that flag rule, where you wick the flag, and it's a dead ball? Didn't know that.

Rust leads to frustration. Some frustration from some players out there. But if you take the word rust out of it, that leaves fration, and that in itself, is crazy…

Bede's eyes and FG kicking…just don't go together.

The East is 1 up over the West  - Last in the East over last in the West?

In the "I feel bad for the guy department". Travis Hawkin’s tremendous effort to strip the ball off Bakari Grant at the goal line was negated by an iffy call by the c’mon centre.

Is Father Time finally catching up with a Chip Cox. Seemed always a step behind to me.

?‍? Duron Carter had more yards on a punt return than he did all game as a receiver. He was targeted 9 times and had 2 catches for 12 yards…

Cameron Marshall looked strong, running for 84 yards on 11 carries. Look for Cameron to have fewer plays called in their next game…due to Coaching

For me the Play of the game - Durant finding BJ Cunningham for a 65 TD..

Nic Lewis - still doing it for the Alouettes.

Alex Pierzchalski, the much un-sought-after National receiver did a credible job of filling in for Sam Giguere

401-332 total yards in favour of Sask.

103-99 rushing for Sask.

Efficiency Sask - 83.42% Mont. - 108.67%

Sask. 12 penalties to 7 for the Alouettes. That's what both TSN and CFL.ca are reporting. I don't know where Jones gets 21 penalties from. Of course, I don't get where he gets most of his thoughts from...

1 QB sack on Glenn

21 to 8  No, not a score, but rather, what the clock started at and finished at, before a time out was called. Go figure. Seems nobody else figured..

It was the Riders 36th loss in the last 46 meaningful games (Rob Vanstone)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

But really though, that game was what it was - the two worst teams in the league battling to see who wasn't going to blow it. Coaching stood out as incredibly poor all around last night, whether it be the offensive game plans, the lack of adjustments or the overall game management (on one side)

Part of me hopes Chris Jones wises up and starts bringing a four man rush against us, one less guy for our receivers to deal with in the secondary and our OL will shut them down anyways. Their ends are athletic and a challenge, but their interior is not viewed as a threat by any means. Their secondary didn't play as bad as I was expecting last night, but at the same time, Durant didn't really challenge them much and the one time he did, it was an exceptionally poor showing by Gainey (who is supposed to be the leader) who let Cunningham waltz into the end zone.

I'm not as high on the Riders OL as most were after last night either, Glenn did a good job of getting the ball out but he was facing pressure from that right side all night and had the pocket collapse numerous times. Our interior defensive line is also going to be way more disruptive than Montreal's was.

Both teams really had trouble pressuring the QB, made both quarterbacks look a lot better than they are. Did anybody even get close to the QB all game?

Put one hit on either of these guys and watch the picks come.

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Rust leads to frustration. Some frustration from some players out there. But if you take the word rust out of it, that leaves fration, and that in itself, is crazy…

"Fration" is a new Rider word. It is a combination of the words "Afraid" (as in "I'm afraid we are just as bad as last year, maybe worse") and "Nation" (as in ""Rider Nation" is a term describing the CFL's overreaction to the Rider inferiority complex"). Fration can easily be combined with other Rider words to produce terms like "Rider Fration" which describes Rider Nation since Chris Jones took over.

Sorry, I'll see myself out ...