Stripped TD

BigBlue

Whats really going on?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. In the Montreal Regina game, the ball was stripped before the endzone plane was broken .... everybody including the TSN knows the video review panel got it wrong .... why do you think they ruled as the did

• They had a camera angle that was better than TSN's view
    • They are applying the rules in a way we don't expect (TD = close enough")
    • They are incompetent
    • They have a hidden agenda and are unaware of their own biases
    • Some senior CFL official/s want to achieve certain outcomes "for the good of the game"
    • Something more collusive and dark than any of the above
    • They got it right - - we are just deluded "homers"
    • Something quite different than anything above

Somebody, in the c'mon centre, decided that the ball ? touched the goal line in that split-millionth-second view, over the vast majority of viewers, who, imo, saw it as a fumble.

EDITthe command centre later stating that while the ball was moving, it was not clearly out of possession prior to breaking the front plane of the goal line.

EDITIONALLY - Did I mention I hate that ruling of a TD scored when breaking the plane of the goal line when the ball is fumbled or dropped - should have to have possession in my opinion.

Edited by Mr Dee

7 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Somebody, in the c'mon centre, decided that the ball ? touched the goal line in that split-millionth-second view, over the vast majority of viewers, who, imo, saw it as a fumble.

EDITthe command centre later stating that while the ball was moving, it was not clearly out of possession prior to breaking the front plane of the goal line.

EDITIONALLY - Did I mention I hate that ruling of a TD scored when breaking the plane of the goal line when the ball is fumbled or dropped - should have to have possession in my opinion.

C'mon Centre.....love this....this is now a thing.

Nonetheless, replay official Jeff Harbin upheld the call on the field and the Riders got their seven points.

Harbin was the video official who the league acknowledged made an error on key roughing-the-passer call against Hamilton in the East Semi-Final last November and a mistake in an October game that cost the Ticats dearly in a loss to Ottawa.

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/22/tsn-panel-slams-cfl-officiating-disgusting-replay-call/

I blame it to that guy and on the CFL for retaining him. You need people who can do their job, if they constantly fails, fire them. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

What's the point of having the C'mon  Center if plays continually get reviewed and still they get it wrong?

Now if that was a playoff game and that was a deciding score in it??....Imagine the backlash and embarrassment the CFL  would be subjected too?

I guarantee that would be shown all over the news north and south of the border making the CFL look pretty stupid

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

What's the point of having the C'mon  Center if plays continually get reviewed and still they get it wrong?

Now if that was a playoff game and that was a deciding score in it??....Imagine the backlash and embarrassment the CFL  would be subjected too?

I guarantee that would be shown all over the news north and south of the border making the CFL look pretty stupid

I have been saying this since they first implemented it and gave the Bombers the shaft all the time with wrong reviews, but that call last night I can at least buy the argument that it was inconclusive so they let the play stand, which is another beef of mine, with the scoring plays always being under reviews the refs err on the side of calling it a touchdown and reviewing it, which is stupid and not letting the people do their damned jobs. 

I actually felt that the fumble later was an even more blatant incorrect review, looked to me like the arm clearly hit the ground first which caused the ball to pop out. 

Yeah that was botched too...he clearly had the ball secusred and was still in his hand carrying it at the tip how your are trained to do...once the back of his hand hit turf...thats when it popped out...the one endzone view showed it clearly...That green loving Suitor kept babbling about elbow hitting a Rider leg and blah blah blah was irrelevant...it was the hand hitting ground that caused it..

This poll has way too many options, I've been staring at it for a few minutes trying to figure out what to pick and I just have no idea.

It was a horrible call. The ball doesn't have to just break the goal line, it has to break the goal line while a player has possession and once that ball starts moving to that extent, it's not possession anymore.

9 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I often feel alone in my opinion of our CFL Refereeing .... I just wonder hpw many of you share my feelings about the zebras and the review panel in Toronto

I recall that the refs did a lot to help ruin quite a few games last season.

long breaks to discuss something,  a lot of missed calls, and a lot of flags for nothing.

Like somebody posted, D lineman one millimetre over the line gets a flag, while receiver repeatedly offside gets nothing.

Worst of all for me, was ignoring head shots and late hits, specially on Quarterbacks. Sometimes, while standing right there, looking directly at the play.

League seems to be unable to get this part right. Given the record of the guy that blew the touchdown call last night , (3downnation article) and he's still there.... makes you wonder.

Edited by Mark F

Reffing on the field is a hard, thankless task. Game speed with professional athletes. Mistakes will be made. 

But sitting in a booth will a tv monitor, slow motion, camera angles, pause, rewind, zoom?

They continue to get things wrong. That's just incompetence, plain and simple.  No excuse. 

The ball was out before he crossed the line. How difficult is that to see? 

39 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

If the Command Centre used the same camera angle as we saw on TSN that was not a TD.

CFL should come out today and clarify this. The only possible explanation is that Command Centre had a different camera view.

They did last night:

"Clearly out of possession" should be determined by the actual result of the moving ball.  If Grant had been able to regain his handle on the ball after it started moving out prior to the goal line, it would have obviously been a TD.  The fact that the ball ended up coming out, IMO should mean that the ball was out of possession the moment it started moving. 

IF this going to be the case this year and the command centre can't get it right...then maybe it's the people running the bloody thing...We don't need incompetence running anything in this league and making us look like schmoes..(not esks)...Fix it.

Just ditch reviews and deal with mistakes on the field seen in real time, at leas that is excusable. I also see that the strategy of challening PI on the opposite side of the field to get a break is still going to be a big time thing again, the CFL has done a lot of stupid **** in their time, but allowing that crap to be challenged is the absolute dumbest thing they have ever done. 

42 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Just ditch reviews and deal with mistakes on the field seen in real time, at leas that is excusable

Slowly, but surely, I'm beginning to agree wholeheartedly with this.

Replay review is there for a reason...to get the call right. When that doesn't happen, (more times than I care to see) then what is the point? I mean what is the bloody point?

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

it's only gotten worse with PI being something you can challenge. PI is basically a judgement call a lot of the time and there is no consistency on the field or with reviews. It's making the game worse not better because it's making referees afraid to do their jobs properly. 

Okay, I'm going to review this post.

Ive looked at it for a solid 20 seconds and I see you didn't capitalize the 1st letter, that's a penalty right there. But I won't call it, because it wasn't originally called out. 

However, the word judgment has no 'e' in it, therefore you will be penalized. 

I'll leave it up to the moderators to move your posts ten yards back..

Prepare to suffer...like CFL fans all over the country.

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Okay, I'm going to review this post.

Ive looked at it for a solid 20 seconds and I see you didn't capitalize the 1st letter, that's a penalty right there. But I won't call it, because it wasn't originally called out. 

However, the word judgment has no 'e' in it, therefore you will be penalized. 

I'll leave it up to the moderators to move your posts ten yards back..

Prepare to suffer...like CFL fans all over the country.

to be fair my proof reader is Chris Jones so you have to expect undisciplined posting that will draw infractions.