New Mosaic Stadium & Investors Group Field

Mosaic

Had some great conversations with Bombers fans at the other night at the game, they were in awe.  I love IGF and believe it is a fantastic stadium for CFL football and am glad the 2 cities that love CFL ball more than any other now have the best facilities.  Im curious how the repairs to IGF went this offseason, I haven't seen much info on how it turned out.

That said, New Mosaic by all accounts is off the charts.  Milt Stegall said the other night that NMS is by far the best CFL stadium he's ever seen and that the facilities are NFL-like, Chris Schultz said its the best stadium in Canada and its not even close, etc.  Personally I love the south endzone at New Mosaic with the tiered party zones, that is something I think they should do at IGF.  Hope you guys sell out the game vs the Stamps this week, your team deserves it.

Edited by Mosaic

Yea looked nice but didn't seem as loud. 

Players, management and media said as well that IGF facilities are NFL like and state of art so looks like both cities have top notch venues.

Each one has features that are better than others but I think IGF looks better gamewise when being broadcast on TV and seating is closer and more over the field for a better viewing experience and makes it more intimate and louder.

Also from what I have heard from players who played there Saturday that they feel IGF gets louder and is more a factor

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Players, management and media said as well that IGF facilities are NFL like and state of art so looks like both cities have top notch venues.

Each one has features that are better than others but I think IGF looks better gamewise when being broadcast on TV and seating is closer and more over the field for a better viewing experience and makes it more intimate and louder.

Also from what I have heard from players who played there Saturday that they feel IGF gets louder and is more a factor

And in fairness, that fan volume is mostly because we have louder, more passionate, and overall, more intelligent fans who know when to be loud and when to shut up.... 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And in fairness, that fan volume is mostly because we have louder, more passionate, and overall, more intelligent fans who know when to be loud and when to shut up.... 

To me it sounded like the Rider fans chose to boo to create noise volume when Wpg. had the ball, sounded different than the noise generated at IGF which is more of a roar.  Can anyone confirm?

1 hour ago, Mosaic said:

Had some great conversations with Bombers fans at the other night at the game, they were in awe.  I love IGF and believe it is a fantastic stadium for CFL football and am glad the 2 cities that love CFL ball more than any other now have the best facilities.  Im curious how the repairs to IGF went this offseason, I haven't seen much info on how it turned out.

That said, New Mosaic by all accounts is off the charts.  Milt Stegall said the other night that NMS is by far the best CFL stadium he's ever seen and that the facilities are NFL-like, Chris Schultz said its the best stadium in Canada and its not even close, etc.  Personally I love the south endzone at New Mosaic with the tiered party zones, that is something I think they should do at IGF.  Hope you guys sell out the game vs the Stamps this week, your team deserves it.

0-2

From a fan standpoint, I expected to be blown away by the new Mosaic and I wasn't. It's a beautiful stadium, but all things equal, my personal preference is ours. Could just be that certain things are incomplete, but a big thing for me is that the concourse is entirely closed off for the most part and it's impossible to watch the game while you go get a drink. No screens in the concourse either.

The walkways also feel super narrow and the seats feel ridiculously cheap. 

Lots of leg room, Pils Country looks like a blast and I can't wait to be there for the LDC, the overall stadium looks great but there are reasons I prefer ours.

Just now, Mike said:

From a fan standpoint, I expected to be blown away by the new Mosaic and I wasn't. It's a beautiful stadium, but all things equal, my personal preference is ours. Could just be that certain things are incomplete, but a big thing for me is that the concourse is entirely closed off for the most part and it's impossible to watch the game while you go get a drink. No screens in the concourse either.

Lots of leg room, Pils Country looks like a blast and I can't wait to be there for the LDC, the overall stadium looks great but there are reasons I prefer ours.

You also aren't allowed to go into the north concourse from the Rider store except on game day.

The stadium is nice.

No Bomber fan was "in awe". I told many Rider fans it was a great little stadium, and it is.

I listed my nit picking of it in the 3 stars thread. 

PS yes they boo and yes it is weird.I must have never noticed it at the old stadium.

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

I agree. I didn't mention it in the other thread, but the location, and, or depth of the cup holders are weird to me.

They seem low to the ground and shallow.

5 minutes ago, Seekoy said:

The stadium is nice.

No Bomber fan was "in awe". I told many Rider fans it was a great little stadium, and it is.

I listed my nit picking of it in the 3 stars thread. 

PS yes they boo and yes it is weird.I must have never noticed it at the old stadium.

I wouldn't call Mosaic a "little stadium" by CFL standards. This isn't the NFL. It has 33,000 seats like ours. Now  in comparison, all the eastern teams play in little stadiums. No more than 25,000 in any of them. Those are little. Can't even fill them.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, Booch said:

The seating at IGF definitely feels more on top of the field.back row upper deck at midfield at their stadium seems miles away.

I also don't like the way the upper decks cut off there. Looks weird to me. They should be happy though.

3 minutes ago, Seekoy said:

The seating at IGF definitely feels more on top of the field.back row upper deck at midfield at their stadium seems miles away.

I also don't like the way the upper decks cut off there. Looks weird to me. They should be happy though.

Why is there a hole in the end zone upper deck stands above the Rider store on the NE side of the stadium? For some reason the architect opened that up. Wind can come swirling thru that little opening. That & the fact if they ever get a strong south wind, it'll be a huge issue. The whole south end is exposed.