New Mosaic Stadium & Investors Group Field

Mosaic

I will give them that though. If it was windy, I didn't notice it. If they did indeed find a way to deflect wind (I still question it) it showed Saturday.

I like the breeze at IGF. Humid days in the sun are the worst.

I think it will be worse there with no breeze. The width of seats is not bad but definitely smaller.

56 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wouldn't call Mosaic a "little stadium" by CFL standards. This isn't the NFL. It has 33,000 seats like ours. Now  in comparison, all the eastern teams play in little stadiums. No more than 25,000 in any of them. Those are little. Can't even fill them.

Hamilton and Ottawa both sell out

2 hours ago, Mosaic said:

You mean like IGF in 2016 and 2017?

how many games we play in 2017??

even so...with crowds in the 24-26k range it is generally known IGF is loudest in CFL and rivals many NFL stadiums and that is out of mouths of players ho have played in both

just wait till it's 29k and up...deafening 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

From a fan standpoint, I expected to be blown away by the new Mosaic and I wasn't. It's a beautiful stadium, but all things equal, my personal preference is ours. Could just be that certain things are incomplete, but a big thing for me is that the concourse is entirely closed off for the most part and it's impossible to watch the game while you go get a drink. No screens in the concourse either.

The walkways also feel super narrow and the seats feel ridiculously cheap. 

Lots of leg room, Pils Country looks like a blast and I can't wait to be there for the LDC, the overall stadium looks great but there are reasons I prefer ours.

On tv Mosaic gaveoff a concrete and steel and plastic feel, no the least bit inviting. Dont get that impression with IGF. Say what you will about the new smaller stadiums  but they are comfortable and engaging.

In my opinion Mosaic is pretty much IGF with a different less architectually pleasing roof. I mean you look at the blueprints of both and they are almost identical. Mosaic is nice for sure... I happen to prefer IGF. 

Pretty sure the riders people even said they pretty much copied IGF. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

In my opinion Mosaic is pretty much IGF with a different less architectually pleasing roof. I mean you look at the blueprints of both and they are almost identical. Mosaic is nice for sure... I happen to prefer IGF. 

Pretty sure the riders people even said they pretty much copied IGF. 

They have a massive north end zone with 2 decks. We don't have that. I look at Mosaic & I don't see a lot of IGF in it. Both are pretty much unique.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Stadium looks beautiful but first thing I noticed was how far from the field some of the seats looked. IGF looks far superior in that aspect.

Yeah, the TSN shots from the corner seats made the field look really distant.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They displayed the financial cost on screen. And it looks like the stadium isn't that much more than IGF once the repairs and extras are factored in. 

It riders only on hook for $25 million. They will be a cash cow for a long time. Bombers debt related to IGF is an albatross. 

The team also spent close to $20 million towards team amenities (locker room, weight room, barbershop etc) which I understand aren't included in the quoted price tag of the stadium. 

8 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Some dude at the game had a beer in a cup holder and he said the beer spilt everytime the guy in front of him got out of his seat. 

I would believe it. Especially because they seem to have cheaped out on the actual seats.

To that guy: for sure stop putiing your beer there after the second time.

Edited by Seekoy

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The team also spent close to $20 million towards team amenities (locker room, weight room, barbershop etc) which I understand aren't included in the quoted price tag of the stadium. 

Well I guess if an unregistered  player is going to spend months hidden in the cellar he would need a barbershop  not to look like the unibomber.