New Mosaic Stadium & Investors Group Field

Mosaic

On 2017-07-03 at 9:12 AM, Mosaic said:

Had some great conversations with Bombers fans at the other night at the game, they were in awe.  I love IGF and believe it is a fantastic stadium for CFL football and am glad the 2 cities that love CFL ball more than any other now have the best facilities.  Im curious how the repairs to IGF went this offseason, I haven't seen much info on how it turned out.

That said, New Mosaic by all accounts is off the charts.  Milt Stegall said the other night that NMS is by far the best CFL stadium he's ever seen and that the facilities are NFL-like, Chris Schultz said its the best stadium in Canada and its not even close, etc.  Personally I love the south endzone at New Mosaic with the tiered party zones, that is something I think they should do at IGF.  Hope you guys sell out the game vs the Stamps this week, your team deserves it.

They spent 100 million more and 1 more year to build it. What did you expect?! Of course it's better.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

They spent 100 million more and 1 more year to build it. What did you expect?! Of course it's better.

They also hired an architect who'd actually designed stadiums before. I'd hope the designer of the Dallas Cowboys' football palace can create a better stadium than the local architect we hired that primarily designs apartment buildings and hotels.

Edited by yogi
speling

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎03 at 11:32 AM, Mosaic said:

You mean like IGF in 2016 and 2017?

Another pitiful deflection. Just a heads up: if the Riders continue on their current path, Mosaic 2.0 will have lots of empty seats in 2018 and 2019... And perhaps even this season if the Jonestown Circus continues to reside in the rectangle province. 8 wins in 38 games played since 2015, and only one against a divisional opponent.

Glass houses, banjo picker. Glass houses.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

When considering the costs of the Mosaic Stadium, how does the  purchase the railyard from CP and redevelopment of the area fit in?

New Mosaic was build on land that was already owned by the city at the Exhibition Grounds

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Another pitiful deflection. Just a heads up: if the Riders continue on their current path, Mosaic 2.0 will have lots of empty seats in 2018 and 2019... And perhaps even this season if the Jonestown Circus continues to reside in the rectangle province. 8 wins in 38 games played since 2015, and only one against a divisional opponent.

Glass houses, banjo picker. Glass houses.

Riders have over 27,000 season tickets, no worries here.

Just now, Mosaic said:

Riders have over 27,000 season tickets, no worries here.

..and if Jones get to keep pile driving the team into the ground this season and heaven forbid next, what then?  you think that 27k is still going to keep coming?? Me thinks a flashback to your history may be in order..

20 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

..and if Jones get to keep pile driving the team into the ground this season and heaven forbid next, what then?  you think that 27k is still going to keep coming?? Me thinks a flashback to your history may be in order..

He's a Rider fan, chances are he first heard of the Riders around 2007 or so. 

"Telethon?! To save the team?! Canada's team?!?! That can't be us."

On 7/3/2017 at 11:40 AM, Mike said:

From a fan standpoint, I expected to be blown away by the new Mosaic and I wasn't. It's a beautiful stadium, but all things equal, my personal preference is ours. Could just be that certain things are incomplete, but a big thing for me is that the concourse is entirely closed off for the most part and it's impossible to watch the game while you go get a drink. No screens in the concourse either.

The walkways also feel super narrow and the seats feel ridiculously cheap. 

Lots of leg room, Pils Country looks like a blast and I can't wait to be there for the LDC, the overall stadium looks great but there are reasons I prefer ours.

You nailed it on most of the things I would have said.  I would be shocked if they aren't replacing those seats in 5 years.

New Mosaic is a nice shell, but the inner workings need some work.  

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Noticed that, too. And it's midway into the second quarter, so what gives?

Really nice looking stadium, anyway.

may have been they were utilizing the party areas for standing and socializing..  *shrug*

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

In that Dressler hype video, notice the huge swath of Rider fans leaving the stadium before Medlock's even lining up for the winner. 

#CanadasTeam #BestFans 

BEAT THE TRAFFIC!!! *JINGLE*JINGLE*JINGLE*