GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Rich

It's Game Day!

7:30 PM start.  Ricky Ray and Marc Trestman bring the Argos into town to challenge the Bombers. 

Forecast is sunny and 22.  Perfect evening for football.

Jack Jacobs will be the 2017 player being added to the Ring of Honour.  His name will be going up tonight.

Time for another win.

Bombers should not be feeling any pressure. They're 1-1 on the season. Just go out there and play solid football, and everything else will work itself out. Way too much hand-wringing going on around here.

Great night for some ball -- jealous of all of you who get to go to the game!! I'll be cheering loud from west-central AB! 

#GameDayWeAllPlay #ForTheW

6 minutes ago, basslicker said:

In honour of Jacobs I hope we don't fall on our faces......but we are at IGF after all,  so maybe it's a forgone conclusion. 

I'm assuming his ring of honour won't include his nickname? lol.

Indigenous Jack Jacobs doesn't quite have the same ring to it,  so probably won't be included. I don't believe anyone else has had a nickname included on their ROH induction either

I really am hoping for a solid performance from the Boys.  And as I much as I hate agreeing with Troy Westwood, this feels like a "must-win" game.     When Wild went down last week, it's like the defence just crumbled.  The loss of Wild and Okpalaugo make our defence weaker.  That being said, the depth has definitely improved on this club and tonight I guess we'll see by how much.   TJ Heath is amazing though and I hope he gets 2 more picks today.  

Nichols needs to rebound and the receivers need to start catching balls and making plays.    Nichols cannot take the hits he has been taking and the O-Line needs to open holes for Harris!

I was so pumped for week, I legit thought  we were going to beat Calgary.  So my enthusiasm has been tempered due to the previous performance.   I want to see the Blue gut for that W tonight, and keep  Ricky Ray flat on the turf!

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Clint Kent, Hefney and Suber all in attendance tonight.

Get yo swag on, folks.

don't want to jinx it,  but last time those 3 came to sign autographs at IGF was last year's home opener where we inducted Walby to the RoH and got beat by a kevin Glenn lead alouettes.  They better bring some good luck with them this time!

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Just now, Brandon said:

It's a must win  if they want ticket sales..... 

yup back to back stinkers at home to kick off the year will certainly take the shine off the 2017 season in terms of fan interest.  Is it must win for the team's playoff chances,  absolutely not, but they should be playing as if it is week to week

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Clint Kent, Hefney and Suber all in attendance tonight.

Get yo swag on, folks.

Boy what I wouldn't give to have any one of them in their prime playing in place of Roc tonight. Would feel a lot better about our coverage unit.