GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Rich

A win is a win and always welcome.

Reffing. Jackson stepped out of bounds on his punt return. I'd say how do you mess it up but Jake Ireland is in charge of the command centre. The overturning of the PI on Toronto in the 4th. It was called PI on the field. You need INDISPUTIBLE EVIDENCE to overturn. You can see interference. Plus it took forever for them to call. If you have to think that long, not indisputible. Having Jake Ireland in charge of the command centre is like having Jason Boltus as your QB coach.

10 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

This team is going nowhere as long as Lapo and Hall are on this coaching staff.

Bit of an over-reactionary statement, wouldn't you say...? That said, I didn't like the play-calling by LaPolice for the majority of the first half last night. Way too predictable and unimaginative, IMO.

10 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Does anyone have a more pointless job at IGF than Caroline Hunter? "The Bombers are in the red zone." in the most monotone voice possible.

The best is when there's a flag thrown and she basically starts blabbing while the official attempts to explain the infraction. That's super professional.

- Nobody Ever

Worth mentioning that in the second half, we shut them down defensively, the offense really started to click, and the ST stopped giving up big returns. 

Let's give the coaches their due for the half time adjustments....they take a lot of heat for that, and deserve credit, too, when it's due...

The million would be paid out by an insurance company... it wouldn't cost Safeway anything other than MAYBE  a higher premium, and definitely wouldn't cost the CFL anything.

I assume it's like the hole in one to win a car you see at charity golf tournaments.  It's not the charities paying for those cars when someone actually wins them - that would ruin the whole event for them.

1 minute ago, max power said:

The million would be paid out by an insurance company... it wouldn't cost Safeway anything other than MAYBE  a higher premium, and definitely wouldn't cost the CFL anything.

I assume it's like the hole in one to win a car you see at charity golf tournaments.  It's not the charities paying for those cars when someone actually wins them - that would ruin the whole event for them.

They'd pay a deductible, and that's it....

I feel bad for the lady but IIRC Fogg had at least 1 TD (out of a few) last year that was called back on a very similar weak call, in almost identical fashion somewhere around the 15-20 yard line, so there is a bit of a precedent to it. Should it be a penalty? personally I think not because it was inconsequential to the play and looked relatively harmless (hand on the back) but at least they are being somewhat consistent with it.

Now That was a football game!

Let's see, 

Keep SJ Green in check - ✔️

Get to QB R.Ray - ✔️

Out sack the sack leading team - ✔️

Allow no offensive TDs - ✔️

Get that offence rolling - ✔️

Win at home - ✔️

Keep the penalties down - ✔️

Protect your QB - ✔️

Disappoint Rider fans - ✔️

You know, that was a pretty good defence we beat..

22 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I feel bad for the lady but IIRC Fogg had at least 1 TD (out of a few) last year that was called back on a very similar weak call..

This is why I really don't feel bad for Toronto at all.......we had a ridiculous number of similar situations last year.

Refs. were real prominent last night....not good when they have to be part of the game to that extent....That dirty shot at Nichols knees could have been a game changer if Matt would've been sidelined...Glad that was called...They missed the one on Ray at the end when 'Poop' mugged him and could have drawn a penalty...Ray was shaken up pretty good and it might have been a little payback for the cheap shot on Nichols but very foolish... Had that penalty been called it could have extended the play for the Argo's ...O'SH better get a handle on those dumb penalties...it's costing us at critical times....All in all a great game to watch...a lot of back n forth and the right team came out on top...Good ending except for Karen and as a solid fan of the Bombers, I feel like she was robbed...However that's the game and it shows you how unpredictable and how elusive a million win can really be..