GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Rich

Canadian Football League Commissioner Randy Ambrosie spoke with Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan and Safeway and Sobeys’ Touchdown To Win contestant Karen Kuldys today and invited her and her family to attend this year’s 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw in Ottawa as VIP guests of the League.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/07/14/cfl-blue-bombers-safewaysobeys-reach-karen-kuldys/

I know Karen’s a Blue Bomber fan and her son plays football, so we spoke with Wade Miller, the President and CEO of the Bombers, this morning. He immediately pledged to provide Karen with Bombers season’s tickets for the rest of this season and next season as well.

Now that's a great gesture to ease the sting. Well done all around!

This will spark goodwill all over...

Edited by Mr Dee

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else wish 1290 would axe Westy? Guy was a mediocre kicker and parlays that into a morning gig, where he's brutal. No knowledge or insight. Spent the morning bitching about the call on the Toronto kick return and kept saying the woman should sue the CFL. Westy should get down on his knees every day and give thanks for the CFL and the NI rule because otherwise the guy would have been a greeter at Walmart.

Wide Lefty stinks and his know-it-all routine gets old fast. I can't listen to The Big Show anymore; it's no longer entertaining, much less informative. Like listening to a couple of crotchety old pensioners bicker on a park bench... Just torturous to the ears.

From a career standpoint, though, he was a pretty okay kicker and had some good seasons early on. He might have overrated his longevity, though.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Canadian Football League Commissioner Randy Ambrosie spoke with Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan and Safeway and Sobeys’ Touchdown To Win contestant Karen Kuldys today and invited her and her family to attend this year’s 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw in Ottawa as VIP guests of the League.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/07/14/cfl-blue-bombers-safewaysobeys-reach-karen-kuldys/

I know Karen’s a Blue Bomber fan and her son plays football, so we spoke with Wade Miller, the President and CEO of the Bombers, this morning. He immediately pledged to provide Karen with Bombers season’s tickets for the rest of this season and next season as well.

Now that's a great gesture to ease the sting. Well done all around!

This will spark goodwill all over...

VIP trip to the Grey Cup, season tickets for 2017 + 2018, and Sobeys' has offered her free groceries for a year.  Not a million dollars, but not too bad.  Nice to see everyone step up and do something to take the sting out.  One final thing would be to offer her a choice of a kick in the nads to either the Argo or the ref.

On Monday, Rick Ralph is going to the afternoon show, replacing Gary Lawless.

Kevin Olschewzski (?) (think that's the name) who was just the other day canned  by CTV wpg, taking over Rick's 11 to 1.

great!

I really like Kevin, I like Rick, and I like Hustler.

sports radio is going to be very listenable here in the Peg.

Edited by Mark F

32 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

VIP trip to the Grey Cup, season tickets for 2017 + 2018, and Sobeys' has offered her free groceries for a year.  Not a million dollars, but not too bad.  Nice to see everyone step up and do something to take the sting out.  One final thing would be to offer her a choice of a kick in the nads to either the Argo or the ref.

Her husband also won 675k on a payday lottery not long ago. 

9 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

500,000 k air miles they  also got

I don't agree with the blown call hate on the kick return.  The line judge on the Argos' side of the field made the call.  The video is from the Bomber's side of the field in slow motion.  The two perspectives are completely different and without a view from the east, it's tough to prove how it looked to the ref who through the flag.

As for being robbed, its a contest which relies on the outcome of a game with refs.  Until a scoring play happens and is cleared by the refs and command centre, it never happened.  

This is a dangerous precedent that the CFL, Bombers and Sobey's are setting.  Are they going to give prizes to the next person who is inline for a 2nd kick return? There are lots of penalty calls (or missed penalty non-calls) that can negate a TD and ultimately a chance at a 2nd kick return TD.

18 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else wish 1290 would axe Westy? Guy was a mediocre kicker and parlays that into a morning gig, where he's brutal. No knowledge or insight. Spent the morning bitching about the call on the Toronto kick return and kept saying the woman should sue the CFL. Westy should get down on his knees every day and give thanks for the CFL and the NI rule because otherwise the guy would have been a greeter at Walmart.

There's no doubt that Westy is sometimes pretty annoying. And repetitive. Hey,  come to think of it… The wife says the same thing about me. ? Seems a bit harsh to me, however, to say that he "has no knowledge or insight." He seems to me to be about roughly equivalent to the other dudes they have on there in those categories.  Maybe that's not setting the bar too high but… ?  That said, I did not hear him kvetching  about the woman and her million dollars… That would be highly vexing.  I just don't listen for a while when I get tired of him and the rest of the guys. All that said, I still found your post pretty amusing, so keep at 'er!

17 hours ago, Mark F said:

On Monday, Rick Ralph is going to the afternoon show, replacing Gary Lawless.

Kevin Olschewzski (?) (think that's the name) who was just the other day canned  by CTV wpg, taking over Rick's 11 to 1.

great!

I really like Kevin, I like Rick, and I like Hustler.

sports radio is going to be very listenable here in the Peg.

I was hoping Bauming would get the job. I'm not a big Ralph fan.

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I was hoping Bauming would get the job. I'm not a big Ralph fan.

Bauming is good. puts in a lot of work for his CFL hour.

I like Rick... he is the least likely of their staff to use a cliche. I like dry humour too. like his five minutes with Hnidy who can also be very dry.

Edited by Mark F

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

Toth and Westwood have good chemistry and Westwood rarely goes on a full blown rant.    A massive over exaggeration from previous posts.  

Hustler is the only one I have heard who will over extend his rants to a point where he needs to be cut off.     

I can't listen to Troy, recently he said he wanted Sheifele, Wheeler and Laine on the pk. 

wut?

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Westwood is actually taller than most people would think.   

That soapbox he carries around every morning.... might have something to do with it, though.

Vertically challenged ... just like his kicks were.

4 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

I don't agree with the blown call hate on the kick return.  The line judge on the Argos' side of the field made the call.  The video is from the Bomber's side of the field in slow motion.  The two perspectives are completely different and without a view from the east, it's tough to prove how it looked to the ref who through the flag.

As for being robbed, its a contest which relies on the outcome of a game with refs.  Until a scoring play happens and is cleared by the refs and command centre, it never happened.  

This is a dangerous precedent that the CFL, Bombers and Sobey's are setting.  Are they going to give prizes to the next person who is inline for a 2nd kick return? There are lots of penalty calls (or missed penalty non-calls) that can negate a TD and ultimately a chance at a 2nd kick return TD.

Dangerous precedent? How about incompetent people officiating games that blow calls all the time affecting outcomes even with replay to get right. The CFL deserves all the blow back they get. Football fans are calling the CFL a joke as this happens all the time. That's a dangerous precedent. I'm all for getting rid of replays & challenges as well as firing Glenn Johnson. Go back to the way it was before.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dangerous precedent? How about incompetent people officiating games that blow calls all the time affecting outcomes even with replay to get right. The CFL deserves all the blow back they get. Football fans are calling the CFL a joke as this happens all the time. That's a dangerous precedent. I'm all for getting rid of replays & challenges as well as firing Glenn Johnson. Go back to the way it was before.

If the new commish wants to make a fan of this boy.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:09 AM, SPuDS said:

they have been abysmal to start the season.. its really defying logic.  Everyone and their blind dogs can see things one way and the C'mon centre sees it exact opposite.  I don't get it.  it NEEDS to be rectified soon tho or else that bush league opinion of us will come back quickly.. How does instant replay not get it right?  its like the CFL is in bizarro world.

I agree. What in the world are these guys smoking? The new commish must look at this stuff and go ... huh? Don't know if it's part of his responsibility to fix this but you are sure correct in asserting that it needs to be fixed. If the CFL could somehow become excellent at this sort of this we'd be the envy of the football world. We sure aren't now.