Did u notice

Booch

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'd love to see them make good use of LeFevour's talent when they need a shake up but I don't have much faith that O'Shea agrees with that thinking.  Sticking with a plan to the bitter end and the last drop seems to be his M.O. but who knows, maybe LaPo could sell him on some radical thinking.

There were several in game instances last season where a QB change, even for a series or 2, could have changed the outcome.  Still trotted Nichols out as you say, until the bitter end. 

Fever seems like a great change of pace QB, but I'm not confident either that we'll see much of that. 

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'd love to see them make good use of LeFevour's talent when they need a shake up but I don't have much faith that O'Shea agrees with that thinking.  Sticking with a plan to the bitter end and the last drop seems to be his M.O. but who knows, maybe LaPo could sell him on some radical thinking.

Who's worse, Lapo or O'Shea? Both pretty conservative but I think Lapo is worse. It would likely have to be O'Shea's idea.

35 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I'm very pleased that 2 CFL teams (BC, Sask.) chose to 'release' Hardrick for whatever reasons..

one (or 2) teams trash is another teams treasure.. I don't know the optics behind him being cut elsewhere but hes been nothing but a rock for us..

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

Who's worse, Lapo or O'Shea? Both pretty conservative but I think Lapo is worse. It would likely have to be O'Shea's idea.

lol. right, wouldn't be the OCs call.. on, oh you know, an offensive series..

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

There were several in game instances last season where a QB change, even for a series or 2, could have changed the outcome.  Still trotted Nichols out as you say, until the bitter end. 

Fever seems like a great change of pace QB, but I'm not confident either that we'll see much of that. 

Starters start and finish games as long as they are able to.. change of pace QB's work for gimmick plays like the fever 2nd down and short.. bout it.  why risk losing any rhythm that nichols was developing?  Season's far too young to mess with chemistry thats just beginning to form..

plus im not sold on Lefevour (or Davis) as legit starters.. and i'd only believe in a 2 QB system if both QBs were legit #1 threats.

4 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Starters start and finish games as long as they are able to.. change of pace QB's work for gimmick plays like the fever 2nd down and short.. bout it.  why risk losing any rhythm that nichols was developing?  Season's far too young to mess with chemistry thats just beginning to form..

plus im not sold on Lefevour (or Davis) as legit starters.. and i'd only believe in a 2 QB system if both QBs were legit #1 threats.

Not to mention doing stuff like that is a good way to get fired as a coach. Its no different than how the majority of teams go for 1 point on the convert... sure if you get the 2 you look like a genius, but in most scenarios the risk just isn't worth the reward.

Anyone listen to Osheas PC after the game? Went out of his way to say he feels Harris is a special back and wants him to be used more.. If that wasnt a public plea to lapo to stop messing around and keep it simple.. I dont know what was. Its pretty obvious after listening to what MOS said that hes not exactly pleased with everything lapo does. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Anyone listen to Osheas PC after the game? Went out of his way to say he feels Harris is a special back and wants him to be used more.. If that wasnt a public plea to lapo to stop messing around and keep it simple.. I dont know what was. Its pretty obvious after listening to what MOS said that hes not exactly pleased with everything lapo does. 

Lets not read too much into that tho as he is the HC, if he was truly disappointed in how the plays were being called then I'm sure he would tell Lapo outright, not beat around the bush and do it backhandedly thru the media.  if Oshea is anything, hes a straight shooter.

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

Lets not read too much into that tho as he is the HC, if he was truly disappointed in how the plays were being called then I'm sure he would tell Lapo outright, not beat around the bush and do it backhandedly thru the media.  if Oshea is anything, hes a straight shooter.

For sure. And he trusts his coordinators to do their jobs but it sounded to me like it was a bit of a shot at Lapo 

I dont doubt MOS is a stand up guy.. He certainly is.... And no doubt he trusts his coordinators to do their jobs but.. At times i think its ok for him to be frustrated or annoyed with the play calls. 

Just now, Goalie said:

For sure. And he trusts his coordinators to do their jobs but it sounded to me like it was a bit of a shot at Lapo 

I dont doubt MOS is a stand up guy.. He certainly is.... And no doubt he trusts his coordinators to do their jobs but.. At times i think its ok for him to be frustrated or annoyed with the play calls. 

oh and I agree.. and I'm sure he would let him know behind closed doors if that was the case.  that's all i'm saying.  I don't think he would rely on a comment to the media to make that point.. I also think he is smart enough to know that would cause friction that no team ever wants if it can be avoided..

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Another aside - that play call was brilliant, we had LeFevour do QB sneaks in similar situations 3 or 4 before that...and with it being 2nd and short if it didn't work or the pass fell incomplete, we could just go get it on 3rd down. So I guess hats off to you on that one Lapo.

Reminded me of when Doug berry ( or kit Cartwright or whoever ) called the play action on 3rd and 1 for a deep ball touchdown.

cant really remember the details of who caught the pass but I remember thinking wow that's gutsy

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

lol. right, wouldn't be the OCs call.. on, oh you know, an offensive series..

Read TLB's post that I replied to again for understanding, ... or don't.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Lol. Lapo and radical thinking? What? A 5 yard pass on 2nd and 10 instead of a 3 yard pass? Lapo is ultra conservative... He lacks that killer instinct... We get a lead and instead of trying to bury the other team... He goes consevative. If anything MOS would need to convince Lapo to be more aggresive. I mean.. Cmon with this.. Lapo has been here 3 times now... The O has looked the same every time... Trust me Lapo and radical thinking... Its not a thing. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Nichols is 12-4 as a starter since last season lets give him a little respect. EVERY QB struggles but you show faith in your QB by letting him work through adversity. Ricky Ray threw 2 interceptions and 0 touchdowns but I'm guessing Trestman would look mighty foolish if he benched him. 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

was it Ball that took an objectionable later with his helmet off, and had to be restrained and hauled off to the sidelines by a teammate...? What the hell was that one all about?

His helmet got caught on an olineman's shoulder pad in the pile, Couldn't get his head out. Looked pretty stupid getting mad there.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Public plea?  O'Shea's the boss.  Here's how it goes down:

O'Shea:  Paul, can you come into my office for a second?  Thanks.

LaPolice:  What's up Mike?

O'Shea:  I want you to start using Harris more.  He needs more touches and more passes out of the backfield.  Give it some thought and let me know what you've come up with.

LaPolice:  Ok.

8 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What a clown. I'm sure he'll be reprimanded accordingly in-house. Trestman won't stand for such childish behaviour.

Um, Montreal was pretty chippy when he was in charge there. They haven't been as bad since Trestman departed. TO was pretty amped up last night , including Trestman who was barking at the officials, and getting away with it, for much of the second half. So no I don't see Trestman reprimanding anyone.

11 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I'm not one to really have a favorite Olineman, but I make exceptions for guys like Hardrick.  If I was buying a Bomber jersey, he'd be one of my top choices right now of names I'd put on the back.

Love the energy and everything he does. Think though Foketi will be better player over long haul. But we need the energy Hardick brings every snap.

On 7/14/2017 at 6:25 PM, Dragon37 said:

Um, Montreal was pretty chippy when he was in charge there. They haven't been as bad since Trestman departed. TO was pretty amped up last night , including Trestman who was barking at the officials, and getting away with it, for much of the second half. So no I don't see Trestman reprimanding anyone.

Being chippy and acting like a petulant child are two different things. Ball was guilty of the latter the other night, IMO.