Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC

BC's O line is their Achilles heal, but they can make enough big plays to make up for it. They have great receivers, which means we can't just take one guy out of the game. They also run the ball pretty well. This will be the biggest test for our defense so far. 

The way our run D has been playing all year coupled with a weak o-line in BC, I think we can keep that going this week. Pressure will be key to prevent Lulay/Jennings from stretching out the secondary. Should be a good tilt, all three games against BC last year went down to the wire and I expect this one will as well.

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My understanding is that there's so much movement in that LB corps, with people moving around and showing different looks, some people here put way too much emphasis on who's playing what position....

That is what it looked like to me but I haven't taken a sober second look at the video. IE I don't actually watch the games sober so I might miss a detail here and there. 

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My understanding is that there's so much movement in that LB corps, with people moving around and showing different looks, some people here put way too much emphasis on who's playing what position....

I watched the game again.... this is what I saw. Second half, D players were moving all over the place, including Hurl, and (hard)  Knox.

Richie hall is simplifying the game plan :D

Haha Ritchie and Moss, fooled us all!

Can't beat SJ Green and R. Ray with simplicity.

Also, Jake made the final block that got the first play return touchdown.

Edited by Mark F

12 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I watched the game again.... this is what I saw. Second half, D players were moving all over the place, including Hurl, and (hard)  Knox.

Richie hall is simplifying the game plan :D

Haha Ritchie and Moss, fooled us all!

Can't beat SJ Green and R. Ray with simplicity.

Also, Jake made the final block that got the first play return touchdown.

I have heard players say several time that they are doing different things than last year. I do believe bringing more pressure is one. Also interesting Heath said after game that Hall allows him more freedom than any other coach he has had to go out and play the ball and try to jump routes. Normally he said they want to you to play the man first and the ball second.

9 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'd imagine Lankfords TD last game earned him another shot this week. If Thorpe is playing receiver you're not gonna wanna wear him out doing returns as well 

maybe not to start no but I do believe our returners have often done double duty while being on the offense.

I have no problem with Lankford over Washington, neither have proven to be very dangerous recieving treats at this point and Lankford returns kicks (until Fogg comes back...Hopefully).

Really excited to see what Thorpe can do, hopefully he can provide a spark for the passing game.

Edited by Gotmilt

Lions O is largely successful - off of their receiver's YAC and ability to win the deep jump or 50/50 balls, on not so perfect passes.  Our DB's will have to play tough on the ball, in this one.   Of course the best pass D is simply crushing the pocket - inside pressure is particularly good, as it messes up the QB throwing lanes.   If our DL can do that consistently, we have a good shot, here.

Harris has to get at least 15 touches, and our passing game has to get out of the gate, quicker.  Getting back to our usual good kick coverage is a must.

As far as this Thorpe fella.... after both times he got hurt - he was then put right back with the 1st team in practice....which tells me, that the coaches are high on this guy.  We need a bit more YAC/bomb threat out there, on O anyways......so lets find out.

Looking at this Bomber team, though early in the season......folks are wondering about the "identity" of this squad.   As I look at the guys we have on the OL....and the DL we are putting together - the answer may simply be.... a smash mouth bunch, who physically pounds on people and wears them down (ie. Toronto 4th quarter)

Strictly speculation of course.

25 minutes ago, do or die said:

Lions O is largely successful - off of their receiver's YAC and ability to win the deep jump or 50/50 balls, on not so perfect passes.  Our DB's will have to play tough on the ball, in this one.   Of course the best pass D is simply crushing the pocket - inside pressure is particularly good, as it messes up the QB throwing lanes.   If our DL can do that consistently, we have a good shot, here.

Harris has to get at least 15 touches, and our passing game has to get out of the gate, quicker.  Getting back to our usual good kick coverage is a must.

As far as this Thorpe fella.... after both times he got hurt - he was then put right back with the 1st team in practice....which tells me, that the coaches are high on this guy.  We need a bit more YAC/bomb threat out there, on O anyways......so lets find out.

Looking at this Bomber team, though early in the season......folks are wondering about the "identity" of this squad.   As I look at the guys we have on the OL....and the DL we are putting together - the answer may simply be.... a smash mouth bunch, who physically pounds on people and wears them down (ie. Toronto 4th quarter)

Strictly speculation of course.

Coaches definitely are high on him, barely played at all in TC or pre season, and was compared to ABIII. Pretty high praise for a guy who hasn't played a game yet.

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

I have no problem with Lankford over Washington, neither have proven to be very dangerous recieving treats at this point and Lankford returns kicks (until Fogg comes back...Hopefully).

Really excited to see what Thorpe can do, hopefully he can provide a spark for the passing game.

Washington had a few instances where he had a chance to make plays but Nichols missed him. Nichols hasn't really done a lot of favours to the receivers thus far. He has been over throwing a lot of guys downfield this year, get that cleaned up and we can really see what we have at receiver. 

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Washington had a few instances where he had a chance to make plays but Nichols missed him. Nichols hasn't really done a lot of favours to the receivers thus far. He has been over throwing a lot of guys downfield this year, get that cleaned up and we can really see what we have at receiver. 

Nichols has to rediscover his chemistry with Adams and put him to work, that's a priority over what any 3 or 4 receiver will contribute at this time.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Nichols has to rediscover his chemistry with Adams and put him to work, that's a priority over what any 3 or 4 receiver will contribute at this time.

Any time Adams has struggled with consistency (drops etc) it's the result of not involving him early.  I don't know if he just checks out a bit or what the deal is but it's almost as if he gets 'disinterested' at times when the ball isn't coming his way.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sounds like Lulay gets the call.

TSN Radio Vancouver‏Verified account
@TSN1040
LISTEN @ScottRintoul: Expect @BCLions to rest Jennings at least one game @CFL

early to suggest this imo, could be a psych-out move my Wally as well.  If theres no change by Wednesday, then I'd assume Lulay is the guy.. which sucks.. Id rather game plan for Jennings.