Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC

Just now, lyin' guy said:

So what...about 8 sacks for you guys then?  Lulay doesn't need numbers, he needs 1 more point than the BB

i'd be content with 7, realistically we just need to drive the ball into medlocks range consistently and let him put up 21 points,  couple that with Nichols typical 2 TD (rush or pass) output and we will win 35-30

46 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

So what...about 8 sacks for you guys then?  Lulay doesn't need numbers, he needs 1 more point than the BB

If I were you, and knowing Lulay's injury history and our ability to get to a QB, I'd be more worried about how well you think your #3 QB can play, because if Jennings isn't good to go, there's a very real chance that Ross might have to after the 2nd or 3rd sack.

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Now that we've determined what "great" actually means, can you all please tell me of the other receivers - who are top-drawer and who are merely upper-echelon?

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around "GOAT" now being considered a compliment, when it used to be an insult.  No one wants to be the "goat".

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

50 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

If I were you, and knowing Lulay's injury history and our ability to get to a QB, I'd be more worried about how well you think your #3 QB can play, because if Jennings isn't good to go, there's a very real chance that Ross might have to after the 2nd or 3rd sack.

I hope you're right. I'll be at the game with a Lions fan, we've got a beer per sack wager for the game.

59 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I seldom get worried about anything, let alone a football game!! 

Red and White Lineman on the right.... standing and staring as his qb gets demolished....reminds me of some things our QB's  used to see in the Peg. Thankfully those days are over.

ueHkQmv.png

Re : "Goat" still sounds wierd to me as well. Brady is the goat. Huh?

Edited by Mark F

9 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Red and White Lineman on the right.... standing and staring as his qb gets demolished....reminds me of some things our QB's  used to see in the Peg. Thankfully those days are over.

ueHkQmv.png

Re : "Goat" still sounds wierd to me as well. Brady is the goat. Huh?

It's pretty clear that the lineman at the far right of the pic is trying to use the old Jedi mind trick, "He's not the QB you're looking for."

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around "GOAT" now being considered a compliment, when it used to be an insult.  No one wants to be the "goat".

When I used to play sports, being the goat was akin to being the whipping boy (as in scapegoat) so I agree with how you view it, I think people are just too lazy now-a-days to puts the .'s and make it an appropriate acronym 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Speaking of Lions QBs, they are only gonna dress 2 for Friday's game. 

21 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

When I used to play sports, being the goat was akin to being the whipping boy (as in scapegoat) so I agree with how you view it, I think people are just too lazy now-a-days to puts the .'s and make it an appropriate acronym 

But there is a difference between the goat, and the GOAT. Both are still very valid. 

I'm so glad Hall has addressed this as far as the defence goes. Part of the defender's job is to not only track the player, but also, THE BALL. What is the use of being in good position only to have the defender stand there as the receiver goes up for the ball..uncontested? Many catches, on long throws, shouldn't even be caught, but rather knocked down or intercepted. How many times have you seen the ball just up there for grabs, but the only man making a play on the ball is the receiver. Drives me nuts.

Learn to play the man, and look for the damned ball.

IF the Leo's O Line plays like they did last game, they'll be replacing another qb....Lulay isn't the most sound qb. in the league physically and if our hungry D line guys get by a few of their pylons acting as o line guys, look out Lulay...I think we take this one in lotus land.

16 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I'm so glad Hall has addressed this as far as the defence goes. Part of the defender's job is to not only track the player, but also, THE BALL. What is the use of being in good position only to have the defender stand there as the receiver goes up for the ball..uncontested? Many catches, on long throws, shouldn't even be caught, but rather knocked down or intercepted. How many times have you seen the ball just up there for grabs, but the only man making a play on the ball is the receiver. Drives me nuts.

Learn to play the man, and look for the damned ball.

yup. I think our DB's are pretty solid at this aspect for the most part.  hands up, making plays on the ball usually.. not just running with the REC as he makes a catch... then we got guys like Heath and Leggett who are hyper-active tracking the ball..  they make a case for being as good as when we had Hill and co.  (almost..  not quite there yet)

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'm expecting 3 changes this week.

Thorpe, Kankolongo & Fogg for Washington, Briggs & one of Carmichael/Walker. I expect Walker to go PR. 

And will probably see one player cut. 

I hope they replay the argo/bomber game in the next few days,  I'd like to watch a little closer but I thought Walker did pretty decent out there, and was noticeable in a good way (unlike Carmichael in the first few games constantly getting picked on), but if what I remember is right I'd go with Walker over Carmichael if it was 1 or the other