Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC

Just now, voodoochylde said:

Our linebacking corps is looking a little ragged early in the season .. Wild and Mo out of the lineup .. 

time to see how well our depth stacks up.  Knox has been pretty good.. Porter I don't recall much about BUT I assume if he falters, Walker takes Roc's spot and Roc slides to SAM?

Walker was working at second-string SAM throughout training camp so I am surprised he is not starting in place of Leggett.  Especially since he was already on the roster ahead of Porter, who got more work at HB and CB.  

Well kid let's see what ya got.  Don't **** it up.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That's a killer, now why wouldn't they use Carmichael in the spot that he spent T.C.?

The only thing I can think of is to provide some continuity over on that side with Alexander.  That said, Roc looked good at SAM and seemed to find a groove there.  Just have to see how the day (game day) plays out.

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

The only thing I can think of is to provide some continuity over on that side with Alexander.  That said, Roc looked good at SAM and seemed to find a groove there.  Just have to see how the day (game day) plays out.

That could be the straw that breaks the camels back, essentially they're now starting 3 rookie DB's out of 6 positions counting SAM.  Add the unproven Hurl/Knox combo at LB and the BC receivers may run wild in the secondary.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

Looks like the injury bug is starting to get us. Quite a few injuries on the Defense. 

Is Washington hurt at receiver or did they just elect to give Thorpe a look?

I think they just elected to give thorpe a look. From the sounds of it, it was essentially Thorpe spot to begin with but he was hurt

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

if Randle and Heath can shut down Arceneaux and Burnham and our DL gets to lulay early and often i'm not too concerned. Either that or we are going to need our O to extend drives a lot and keep the ball out of BC's hands

In their most recent game the TiCat DBs contained Arceneaux and Burnham but then Moore got 220 yards. Also look for Jeremiah Johnson to do lots of running and catching when covered by less than experienced BB LBs.  Your last sentence is your best hope.

Just now, DanoT said:

In their most recent game the TiCat DBs contained Arceneaux and Burnham but then Moore got 220 yards. Also look for Jeremiah Johnson to do lots of running and catching when covered by less than experienced BB LBs.  Your last sentence is your best hope.

I'm not too worried about RB's leaking out of the backfield for big yardage.  Knox is pretty quick and Hurl follows plays well.  This will be a good test tho for Roc/Alexander if they are going to be watching Moore.  THen again, Loffler may just need to lay the lumber and Moore will go into alligator arm mode.

8 minutes ago, DanoT said:

I'm not too concerned about Johnson TBH, Wpg ranks 1st in run stoppage against others teams (41.7 yards per game average / 2.8 yards per carry average).

during our bye week I was talking with my buddy that works with the bombers and as excited as we are to see what Poop and Nevis bring to the interior pass rush,  they were primarily being looked at as run stoppers. they absolutely clog that middle like a toilet after taco tuesday

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

7 minutes ago, DanoT said:

In their most recent game the TiCat DBs contained Arceneaux and Burnham but then Moore got 220 yards. Also look for Jeremiah Johnson to do lots of running and catching when covered by less than experienced BB LBs.  

They were able to get the ball to Moore because Lulay is smart, and if the water's there, go to the well. He's also a scrambler. I presume  the Bombers know this and will react accordingly. No doubt the Lions will be coming on to attack our patched D, but there is no evidence to show that they will succeed.

Pocketize Lulay and the hits will come. And if the hits come, so will the mistakes. It's all about going for the ball when Lulay throws it up there and there is hardly a group out there that is better than the Bomber Squadron. 

Let the games begin..

I also think Lulay playing caught the ticats off guard. You spend all week watching film on Jennings and his tendencies,  then 1 play in... bam, you're up against a new QB.  Lulay had a heck of a game, for sure, but I wonder what affect that has on the opposing D's ability to adjust accordingly on the fly