Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC

Probably my favourite game I ever went to was the 2002 Western semi finals against the BC Lions. I was eleven years old at the time and my uncle scored seats at i believe the 40 yard line second row.. Not only did the Bombers hammer the Lions 30-3 I remember losing my voice joining in the chant "BC sucks!" Moral of the story is.. BC sucks :D

7 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

IMG_0547.png

This is awesome... are these shirts new?.... Nice work, Lions marketing

7 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Probably my favourite game I ever went to was the 2002 Western semi finals against the BC Lions. I was eleven years old at the time and my uncle scored seats at i believe the 40 yard line second row.. Not only did the Bombers hammer the Lions 30-3 I remember losing my voice joining in the chant "BC sucks!" Moral of the story is.. BC sucks :D

speaking of a hammering... was that the game when a fan ran on the field and got beat down but a bunch of Lions players??

54 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is awesome... are these shirts new?.... Nice work, Lions marketing

speaking of a hammering... was that the game when a fan ran on the field and got beat down but a bunch of Lions players??

It may have been. 

Do you remember another Wpg/BC game where Reinbold ran out to the 55 all smiling and anticipating a warm post game handshake.... but Adam Rita was livid about some perceived injustice & was ready to mix it up with our coach. He had to be separated by the players? High-larious.

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

It may have been. 

Do you remember another Wpg/BC game where Reinbold ran out to the 55 all smiling and anticipating a warm post game handshake.... but Adam Rita was livid about some perceived injustice & was ready to mix it up with our coach. He had to be separated by the players? High-larious.

I do remember that one too... but I'm pretty sure the guy running on the field was a playoff game... and we all know the Bombers were no where near the playoffs in the Reinbold era!

Just now, bearpants said:

I do remember that one too... but I'm pretty sure the guy running on the field was a playoff game... and we all know the Bombers were no where near the playoffs in the Reinbold era!

Absolutely. Two different games.

Rita was a crazy man. He was still steaming during post game interviews.

2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Absolutely. Two different games.

Rita was a crazy man. He was still steaming during post game interviews.

Actually the Reinbold era was right around the time I was old enough to start following and understanding football (11-12ish years old)... the Bombers should thank their lucky stars my parents were Bomber fans... otherwise I'm not sure they would've kept me as a fan after that disastrous era...  

The Reinbold brawl ... check out Lui Passaglia gooning it up around thirty seconds in ...three bomber OL triple team Adam Rita at 0:55 ... some of the best blocking we saw from them during the 1997 season. 

Damn, I'm glad that Marty York is nowhere near CFL broadcasts anymore.

Edited by johnzo

20 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

If you say so. Anytime you lose your starters your likely dropping back a bit in talent (or the back ups would be the starters?) Awe and Davis being primarily  S.Teamers have a lot to prove before I say they are good depth that won't see a drop off in talent at LB.   Who replaces Bryant Turner Jr at DT?

Define starters.  After the first play of the game "starters" are being rotated in and out for the balance of the game.  Lions have 9 D Linemen; they will all play.  Turner may not though

39 minutes ago, johnzo said:

The Reinbold brawl ... check out Lui Passaglia gooning it up around thirty seconds in ...three bomber OL form a pocket around Adam Rita at 0:55 ... some of the best blocking we saw from them during the 1997 season. 

Those Bomber jerseys.... tried to burn that image from memory.  

Just now, lyin' guy said:

Define starters.  After the first play of the game "starters" are being rotated in and out for the balance of the game.  Lions have 9 D Linemen; they will all play.  Turner may not though

I realize rotations happen to give players breather or for specific play calls, but are you suggesting Awe and/or Davis are 1B 1C to Burnett? they have not been rotated that frequently to suggest they are on the same level

22 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I realize rotations happen to give players breather or for specific play calls, but are you suggesting Awe and/or Davis are 1B 1C to Burnett? they have not been rotated that frequently to suggest they are on the same level

Since the start of TC Awe and Burnett have been competing for Bighill's WIL LB spot. Burnett is more of a DB so when he is out there it is almost like a DIME Back. Awe is more of a LB type and might match up better against Andrew Harris' running. So with Burnett injured Awe is considered a very good replacement. Naturally neither one is an Adam Bighill.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

The Reinbold brawl ... check out Lui Passaglia gooning it up around thirty seconds in ...three bomber OL form a pocket around Adam Rita at 0:55 ... some of the best blocking we saw from them during the 1997 season. 

Man, what a cheap shot that was from our safety... then Reinbold has the gull to say he has no idea why Rita was mad (sure he went a little over the top)... I wonder why Reinbold never made it far as a head coach? :lol:

Just now, lyin' guy said:

Lions ALWAYS sleep well after they have feasted.

ah your a good sport Lyin' guy. 

why cant all rival fans be this easy going and not need to take it to personal or really low levels..

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Burnett won the job in camp......probably because Awe is a rookie.  Wally tends to shy away from first year players.  Awe can play; so can Davis.  Lions don't give up too much not having Burnett in.

My opinion only.

Edited by lyin' guy