BC LIONS @ HAMILTON TIGER-CATS ?

Mr Dee

BC LIONS @ HAMILTON

Is there a disconnect between Collaros and Austin? One says execution is the problem (Austin) and the the other says there are changes every week that they have to get used to. (Collaros)     3downnation staff

CFL - GAME NOTES

- This is the Ticats 1st home game.

- The Lions are in the midst of 3 straight road games back in the East Division - it is the FIRST TIME in 64 years of club history that they have played three consecutive games in their schedule all away in the East.

• Solomon Elimimian now has 15 career games of 10+ defensive tackles in 99 career games
  • The Ti-Cats and Lions have played 10 times since 2012 and BC holds a 7 wins to 3 edge including a current win streak of 3 consecutive games. They have not lost to Hamilton with Jonathon Jennings as their starting QB (3-0) while Zach Collaros is 2-1 vs BC for Hamilton (the Ti-Cats lost both times they played BC without him in the lineup).
  • In two games thus far, Hamilton has led for only 5:02 of play and trailed for 104:19 out of the 120:00 game clock total.
  • The Lions have scored 48 out of their 78 total points in the 4th Quarter
  • Hamilton Offence - 416 in two games

?‍? We could really use a little help from the Ticats, but looking at how both teams have played so far this year, expecting a Ticat win may be a little optimistic???

Anyways. Go Ticats Go!

Austin is losing his entire team with his tirades. He'll lose his job if he's already lost Collaros. You'd think as a former qb that he'd understand that. Austin has a huge ego. He's a typical professional coach who is "My way or the highway". It's all black & white to him with no grey areas. I think he'll be hitting the highway soon enough. We've all seen guys like that come & go. The last coach here like that was Mike Kelly.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Austin is losing his entire team with his tirades. He'll lose his job if he's already lost Collaros. You'd think as a former qb that he'd understand that. Austin has a huge ego. He's a typical professional coach who is "My way or the highway". It's all black & white to him with no grey areas. I think he'll be hitting the highway soon enough.

Yeah guys like that can get some results but eventually the players just get sick of the bullshit and tune out the tirades. 

When and where these "tirades".?

Big part of offense problems is play calling, execution and protection. New OC Ptasek as been stripped of play calling. Secondly is execution which stems from the play calling and the necessity of plugging new and seldom used recs. As a result of the injuries to Fantuz and Tolliver.

Collaros has had no time and almost instantly flushed out. New left tackle washed out. Remains to be seen if another new guy can be the answer

Defenseive secondary still waiting on veterans to return from injury. Replacements have been forced to learn painfully on the fly.

Cats have to show stability is being established despite all this tonight or knives will be out unfairly or not

Kent Austin frequently flies off the handle on the sidelines during games when things aren't going well & when dealing with media after a loss. After awhile having a raving lunatic as a head coach really means nothing as the players know they'll still be there as it's easier to replace one person than 46. He's losing it in many ways. His team & as a coach. As a former player he should know better. It's never been revealed why Tommy Condell left. I wouldn't be surprised if he just got tired of having to deal with Austin everyday.

If getting ticked at a lack of execution,  poor officiating and dumb media questions is the standard then we are all "raving lunatics"

Condell left over family time. If there was a personality clash they would never have been a team in the first place

Edited by Zontar

Family time yet returned to the CFL a year later with another team. Like I said, always has been speculation as to why Condell actually left. I don't think everyone buys the family time thing. I've never seen a game where Kent Austin is ever looking like he's enjoying himself. He's constantly looks stressed & is this close to losing it. Noeller mentioned Doug Berry. That is exactly what he's like. Only Kent's the GM as well as HC. Might take longer for the GM to fire the Head Coach. Scott Mitchell may have to do the dirty deed if the losing continues. Pulling for you guys tonight for sure.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Gotta say I like Austin. Is he caustic? Sure, but everyone on his team knows exactly where they stand and that's a big thing for players. 

Hamilton's problem for the last bunch of years has been injuries. Last year they led the league in man games missed. It isn't any better this year either.

If anyone goes by mid-season, it should be Jeff Reinebold. No one on that defence seems to know where they are supposed to be or what they are supposed to do. 

Right now, the Ticats are the worst team in the league. I expect BC to win this one even tho they are playing their 3rd eastern game in a row and it's the Ticats home opener.