IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Mr Dee

AFTER WEEK 4

Bye Saskatchewan

The Stamps have signed defensive linemen Ben D’Aguilar and Reuben Frank

Rod Pedersen  - The CFL has "dropped" the idea of tracking dropped passes in 2017 rodpedersen.com/2017/07/by-num…

?‍? Oh that Vince Young...such an inspiration....

Former Los Angeles Raiders and Bomber quarterback Todd Marinovich will compete for a starting role with the SoCal Coyotes of the World Developmental Football League as part of a comeback effort.

The 48-year-old NFL bust, who dealt with a variety of off-field problems during and after his pro career, is set to challenge Jacob Russell, 25, for the No. 1 QB spot when practice starts Aug. 10 in Indio, California, per Shad Powers of the Desert Sun (h/t ESPN.com).

**After three games, Kevin Glenn leads the loop in completions (99) while sporting an accuracy rate of 72.8 per cent. He boasts as many touchdown passes as the Ottawa Redblacks’ Trevor Harris.

With 1,055 aerial yards, Glenn is third in the nine-team circuit, behind 37-year-old Toronto Argonauts pivot Ricky Ray (1,199) and Harris (1,095), and ahead of Calgary Stampeders star Bo Levi Mitchell (1,003).

Glenn’s efficiency rating: An impressive 100.0.  -    http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/kevin-glenn-is-passing-with-flying-colours

?‍?He also leads the league with 4 interceptions. -Kevin Glenn is 44.8% on passes 16+ yards, which is 4th-best. Ricky Ray is by far #1 at 60.0% on passes in that range while Zach Collaros is a league-worst 33.3%.

-Roughriders Offensive Coordinator Stephen McAdoo oversees an offense which is #1 in offensive points scored (90) and #1 in Time of Possession (33:20).

?‍?All these factoids about Glenn have to be taken in context…their 1st game  -Eastern Montreal     2) Bombers playing their 1st game 3) Hamilton, looking atrocious

Having said that, I have Glenn and SJ Green as providing the biggest positive surprises so far this year

CFL Headlines -  Report: David Braley to sell B.C. Lions by season’s end  -  http://3downnation.com/2017/07/13/report-david-braley-sell-b-c-lions-seasons-end/

**The last time an opening kickoff was returned for a TD was July 2, 2010 when Hamilton's Marcus Thigpen  returned it for 93 yards vs WPG #CFL

Last #Bombers player to open a game with a kickoff return for a TD was Markus Howell - Sept 9, 2000 vs #Argos - Stats Junkie

Mike Beamish  -  "No CFL quarterback wants to get "pooped" on by Cory Johnson."

?‍?OK, ok, Ryan Lankford can be back on this team..

Ken Wiebe  -  Moe Leggett to me yesterday: "I haven't got an interception on him yet. I'm trying to get an interception against all of the greats."

?‍? Determined - Andrew Harris owns that word

?‍? Good line by Ryan Pollock -  Until Friday nobody could put a value on a bad call ... turns out it's $1-million.

Arash Madani  -   One solution to this: The #CFL sends #Karen to Grey Cup on the league's dime. And she gets unlimited throws at Glen Johnson in the dunk tank

?‍?What a catch by Anthony Coombs in the 1st quarter! That tip pass was impressive.

?‍? Another crushing hit by Taylor Loffler ..on A. Edwards 1st Q  IMG_0534.jpg

?‍? Truly a great game played by the O-Line Friday night..

?‍?I'm going to say the evidence was inconclusive on Jackson’s punt return TD on whether he stepped out of bounds..

Ed Tait -   “I had so much fun,” said Jeffcoat. “It’s good to be back playing football. It’s been too long since I played. It’s exciting to get back and play with my teammates… I love my teammates and it’s great to be flying around out there with them.

?‍?Remarkable..

Chip Cox has missed only one game in a Canadian Football League career that began in 2006 with the Alouettes.

And the only reason he missed that one, in 2010, was because the Als had clinched first place. So former head coach Marc Trestman decided to rest him for the final game of the regular-season.

BC Lions Den  - Instead of talking about great catches, great defensive plays that we see every game, fans talk about officiating...focus on the positives.

Sports aren't life & death, it's entertainment & the #CFL is VERY entertaining for those willing to set aside the stigmas of the ignorant.

?‍? I agree whole heartedly! You cannot name me a sport where the game isn't affected by officiating. Nobody wants to see a game affected by Refs, but it happens, and it's up to us to deal with it, and appreciate the game..

?‍?Remarkable performance by Travis Lulay. Can you say underestimated expectations?

?‍? Question, does the CFL still have that wacky rule where the starting QB is the QB of record? And wouldn't that be weird what with Lulay’s performance?

?‍? It's conceivable that Ottawa and Hamilton could be winless after their first 6 games

Drew Edwards  -  Ticats Kent Austin denies tension with QB, slams Glen Suitor

Austin Quote: “That’s absolutely ridiculous and completely made up by Glen and he ought to be ashamed of himself.”

?‍? Now I don't know about why Suitor would say what he did, but I recognize what Austin says about Suitor making things up. Suitor is always telling us what the QB sees..what the receiver is thinking and why the tackler thought what he did. In other words, he makes thing up to suit his colour commentary. 

Sometimes I just say, “No, Glen, that's not what's he's thinking” But I don't think he hears me.

Herb Zurkowsky   - #Alouettes have released veteran CB @ryan_4real21 (Ryan Phillips)

CFL News - The call-in shows and message boards are filled with Ticat fans inclined to show Austin the door. - @scratchingpost #CFL #Ticats

-Austin's under contract for two more years in excess of $500,000 per season - @scratchingpost #CFL #Ticats

-Is Jennings going to be out for an extended period of time? It doesn’t sound like it, but when a shoulder is involved, it’s always a concern.

-Trevor Harris has been lights out through four starts. With 1,379 passing yards, a 109.7 efficiency rating and an 8-2 touchdown to interception ratio, Harris has been at an elite level to start a season once again.

?‍?Contrast that, with this…

-At 123, Ottawa has allowed the most points in the league and they’ve manufactured just one turnover.

?‍? And finally, 36,260 fans went to an #Esks game on Friday night -- one of them went home $435,919 richer. edmontonjournal.com/news/local-new… #CFL

Week 5     Ottawa plays 2 games!

Wednesday - Montreal at Ottawa

Edmonton at Hamilton

Winnipeg at BC

Saskatchewan at Calgary

Monday - Ottawa at Toronto - the place should be rockin', it's Doug Flutie bobble-head night!

Bye - the bye

Darrin Bauming  - #Bombers DB and punt returner Kevin Fogg, injured (lower-body) July 1 in Sask, is a practice participant for the first time today.

?‍?That's some good news..

Herb Zurkowsky   -  #AlsMTL have released CB Donald Unamba

3Down Top 3 Canucks of the Week

1) Andrew Harris

2) Lirim Hajrullahu

3) Anthony Coombs          http://3downnation.com/2017/07/18/3down-top-3-canucks-week/

48 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Darrin Bauming  - #Bombers DB and punt returner Kevin Fogg, injured (lower-body) July 1 in Sask, is a practice participant for the first time today.

?‍?That's some good news..

Herb Zurkowsky   -  #AlsMTL have released CB Donald Unamba

3Down Top 3 Canucks of the Week

1) Andrew Harris

2) Lirim Hajrullahu

3) Anthony Coombs          http://3downnation.com/2017/07/18/3down-top-3-canucks-week/

Couldn't believe he was even rostered again.  He was no screamin' hell when he was a bomber but serviceable and that was.. 2 seasons ago? 

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, Mr Dee said:

AFTER WEEK 4

Bye Saskatchewan

The Stamps have signed defensive linemen Ben D’Aguilar and Reuben Frank

Rod Pedersen  - The CFL has "dropped" the idea of tracking dropped passes in 2017 rodpedersen.com/2017/07/by-num…

?‍? Oh that Vince Young...such an inspiration....

Former Los Angeles Raiders and Bomber quarterback Todd Marinovich will compete for a starting role with the SoCal Coyotes of the World Developmental Football League as part of a comeback effort.

The 48-year-old NFL bust, who dealt with a variety of off-field problems during and after his pro career, is set to challenge Jacob Russell, 25, for the No. 1 QB spot when practice starts Aug. 10 in Indio, California, per Shad Powers of the Desert Sun (h/t ESPN.com).

**After three games, Kevin Glenn leads the loop in completions (99) while sporting an accuracy rate of 72.8 per cent. He boasts as many touchdown passes as the Ottawa Redblacks’ Trevor Harris.

With 1,055 aerial yards, Glenn is third in the nine-team circuit, behind 37-year-old Toronto Argonauts pivot Ricky Ray (1,199) and Harris (1,095), and ahead of Calgary Stampeders star Bo Levi Mitchell (1,003).

Glenn’s efficiency rating: An impressive 100.0.  -    http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/kevin-glenn-is-passing-with-flying-colours

?‍?He also leads the league with 4 interceptions. -Kevin Glenn is 44.8% on passes 16+ yards, which is 4th-best. Ricky Ray is by far #1 at 60.0% on passes in that range while Zach Collaros is a league-worst 33.3%.

-Roughriders Offensive Coordinator Stephen McAdoo oversees an offense which is #1 in offensive points scored (90) and #1 in Time of Possession (33:20).

?‍?All these factoids about Glenn have to be taken in context…their 1st game  -Eastern Montreal     2) Bombers playing their 1st game 3) Hamilton, looking atrocious

Having said that, I have Glenn and SJ Green as providing the biggest positive surprises so far this year

CFL Headlines -  Report: David Braley to sell B.C. Lions by season’s end  -  http://3downnation.com/2017/07/13/report-david-braley-sell-b-c-lions-seasons-end/

**The last time an opening kickoff was returned for a TD was July 2, 2010 when Hamilton's Marcus Thigpen  returned it for 93 yards vs WPG #CFL

Last #Bombers player to open a game with a kickoff return for a TD was Markus Howell - Sept 9, 2000 vs #Argos - Stats Junkie

Mike Beamish  -  "No CFL quarterback wants to get "pooped" on by Cory Johnson."

?‍?OK, ok, Ryan Lankford can be back on this team..

Ken Wiebe  -  Moe Leggett to me yesterday: "I haven't got an interception on him yet. I'm trying to get an interception against all of the greats."

?‍? Determined - Andrew Harris owns that word

?‍? Good line by Ryan Pollock -  Until Friday nobody could put a value on a bad call ... turns out it's $1-million.

Arash Madani  -   One solution to this: The #CFL sends #Karen to Grey Cup on the league's dime. And she gets unlimited throws at Glen Johnson in the dunk tank

?‍?What a catch by Anthony Coombs in the 1st quarter! That tip pass was impressive.

?‍? Another crushing hit by Taylor Loffler ..on A. Edwards 1st Q  IMG_0534.jpg

?‍? Truly a great game played by the O-Line Friday night..

?‍?I'm going to say the evidence was inconclusive on Jackson’s punt return TD on whether he stepped out of bounds..

Ed Tait -   “I had so much fun,” said Jeffcoat. “It’s good to be back playing football. It’s been too long since I played. It’s exciting to get back and play with my teammates… I love my teammates and it’s great to be flying around out there with them.

?‍?Remarkable..

Chip Cox has missed only one game in a Canadian Football League career that began in 2006 with the Alouettes.

And the only reason he missed that one, in 2010, was because the Als had clinched first place. So former head coach Marc Trestman decided to rest him for the final game of the regular-season.

BC Lions Den  - Instead of talking about great catches, great defensive plays that we see every game, fans talk about officiating...focus on the positives.

Sports aren't life & death, it's entertainment & the #CFL is VERY entertaining for those willing to set aside the stigmas of the ignorant.

?‍? I agree whole heartedly! You cannot name me a sport where the game isn't affected by officiating. Nobody wants to see a game affected by Refs, but it happens, and it's up to us to deal with it, and appreciate the game..

?‍?Remarkable performance by Travis Lulay. Can you say underestimated expectations?

?‍? Question, does the CFL still have that wacky rule where the starting QB is the QB of record? And wouldn't that be weird what with Lulay’s performance?

?‍? It's conceivable that Ottawa and Hamilton could be winless after their first 6 games

Drew Edwards  -  Ticats Kent Austin denies tension with QB, slams Glen Suitor

Austin Quote: “That’s absolutely ridiculous and completely made up by Glen and he ought to be ashamed of himself.”

?‍? Now I don't know about why Suitor would say what he did, but I recognize what Austin says about Suitor making things up. Suitor is always telling us what the QB sees..what the receiver is thinking and why the tackler thought what he did. In other words, he makes thing up to suit his colour commentary. 

Sometimes I just say, “No, Glen, that's not what's he's thinking” But I don't think he hears me.

Herb Zurkowsky   - #Alouettes have released veteran CB @ryan_4real21 (Ryan Phillips)

CFL News - The call-in shows and message boards are filled with Ticat fans inclined to show Austin the door. - @scratchingpost #CFL #Ticats

-Austin's under contract for two more years in excess of $500,000 per season - @scratchingpost #CFL #Ticats

-Is Jennings going to be out for an extended period of time? It doesn’t sound like it, but when a shoulder is involved, it’s always a concern.

-Trevor Harris has been lights out through four starts. With 1,379 passing yards, a 109.7 efficiency rating and an 8-2 touchdown to interception ratio, Harris has been at an elite level to start a season once again.

?‍?Contrast that, with this…

-At 123, Ottawa has allowed the most points in the league and they’ve manufactured just one turnover.

?‍? And finally, 36,260 fans went to an #Esks game on Friday night -- one of them went home $435,919 richer. edmontonjournal.com/news/local-new… #CFL

Week 5     Ottawa plays 2 games!

Wednesday - Montreal at Ottawa

Edmonton at Hamilton

Winnipeg at BC

Saskatchewan at Calgary

Monday - Ottawa at Toronto - the place should be rockin', it's Doug Flutie bobble-head night!

Bye - the bye

Monday night??? Doug Flutie Bobblehead Night. That'll be good for maybe 10,000.  Oh sorry, accentuate the positive. Sorry BC Lions Den.

34 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Monday night??? Doug Flutie Bobblehead Night. That'll be good for maybe 10,000.  Oh sorry, accentuate the positive. Sorry BC Lions Den.

think you have 1 too many 0s. 1000 people including friends, family, cheerleaders, argos employees, people who work at the stadium and a few thousand people who either got lost, or got soo hopeless stuck in TO traffic that they decided to just wander around. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

think you have 1 too many 0s. 1000 people including friends, family, cheerleaders, argos employees, people who work at the stadium and a few thousand people who either got lost, or got soo hopeless stuck in TO traffic that they decided to just wander around. 

I thought moving to BMO Field meant these terrible game nights would be a thing of the past?