MONTREAL @ OTTAWA

Mr Dee

I dislike the Riders but always respected Darian Durant. Show him some respect, especially if you're a Rider fan. He did nothing wrong.. Jones didn't want him anymore. He was always a heart and soul guy. He's responsible for a quarter of the Riders grey cups in their franchise history and led them to two more.. Not bad for a Rider ;)

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

You seemed quite happy he threw 2 picks & lost.

I am. Doesn't mean I want him to get hurt. DD could have taken the offer he was given and stayed here. He thought he was worth more and still on top of his game, his league leading 6th INT says otherwise. He is 300'ish ahead of Glenn in yards, Glenn has two games in hand. Bugs the crap out a lot of people that its pretty obvious the Riders made the right move by not overpaying Durant this year with upfront money when Glenn is as good at minimum for 100k less

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The RedBlacks generally outplayed the Als all night. You could tell the Als weren't going to win tonight.

Harris is a gamer, he just keeps making things happen. I think this guy might be something special in this league. How many times against the Stamps did he just keep coming back? They get that defense straightened out and they can be a serious force

I'm trying to get to all the CFL stadiums in the next few years (and now I have to go back to Regina, which pisses me off because, well, it's Regina), and so I managed to get to this game.  I chose them as my "2nd favourite team" since they haven't been in the league for long enough that they haven't spoiled anything for the Bombers - I used to live in Ottawa, so that helped.

TD Place is a nice stadium, for a retrofit. I was up in the nosebleed section and paid more than I think a person should.  The crowd was good - they were into it when they should've been.  I'd say IGF on a quiet night is still way louder than TD Place was, even if we had the same number of people. 

The fans were cool, but most of the people around me hate Matt Dunigan, though I don't know why.  He gave my dad and I a thumbs up when he saw us rocking out Bomber stuff. 

You know how we have the announcer say, "That's another Winnipeg..." and we all yell, "First Down!" - their dude does this thing where he says, "1st Down..." and then there's an echo-y sound effect as he says, "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrredblacks!"  It was a little annoying, but I say the same thing about the way the Bombers do it. They also do all the game calls in english and french. That amused me.  OH! But they don't say the names of the Alouettes who made a catch, just who made the tackle.

Tom Green was there. I thought he was dead. His career is, certainly.  Also, I will never again complain about the games they play at IGF with fans. The on-field hosts and games were painful. Painful.

RedBlacks offense didn't seem to want to win the game. The defense showed up to play. Good to see.

The officiating was brutal. Usually I'll give the officials the benefit of the doubt and stuff, but holy hannah, that was a tough one for the boys in stripes.

The bugs were insane way up there, too. The lights were right above us, and I felt like I was slathered in... whatever random bugs eat.

They have just one giant scoreboard. It's big. It doesn't show a lot of replays, but also has no ads on it. I'm not sure which I prefer.

I was glad to have been. It was nice that the RedBlacks won, too.

ETA: I totally forgot!!  They allow flags and flagpoles and whatnot!  Not a single person got murdered, either. I miss flags on golf ball retrievers...

Edited by wpgchris
Forgot something I wanted to say.

You know it's really cool that Nik Lewis went over 1000 catches in his career, I always felt he was a damned good receiver, but man I have a real hard time respecting him as an athlete when he's a fat as he is.... Just looks like a sloppy POS. 

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Nice to see Durant cough up a couple picks and lose.

That was him doing his "Kevin Glenn in Week 2" impression.

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Jones handled it in a very Chris Jones kind of way, but it's looking like he made the right decision to go with Glenn instead of Durant. Glenn is making approx. half what Durant is and has been better than him so far.

From a business standpoint, it made sense. That's about it, though. The Riders are still 1-2.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I gotta say any Bomber fan would say the exact same type of things about ex-Bomber QBs - Kevin Glenn, Khari Jones etc...

First of all, who speaks badly of Khari??... and I believe the talk of Kevin Glenn would be a lot different had he played in the 07 Grey Cup...

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

First of all, who speaks badly of Khari??... and I believe the talk of Kevin Glenn would be a lot different had he played in the 07 Grey Cup...

"Khari's not actually that great, anyone could succeed with that set of receivers."

Heard that or some variation of it hundreds of times when Khari was here and shortly after he left.

Without Durant the Als. would be a very bad team offensively...Their D is playing pretty good ball....Have to give credit to Darian for making them very competitive....He still has a few miles left and by the end of the year (health permitting) will make Jonesie in riderville look awfully foolish... Right now Durant would be tearing up the league with the receiving corps the riders possess...Looks good on them

10 hours ago, Ripper said:

I am. Doesn't mean I want him to get hurt. DD could have taken the offer he was given and stayed here. He thought he was worth more and still on top of his game, his league leading 6th INT says otherwise. He is 300'ish ahead of Glenn in yards, Glenn has two games in hand. Bugs the crap out a lot of people that its pretty obvious the Riders made the right move by not overpaying Durant this year with upfront money when Glenn is as good at minimum for 100k less

Same old story with Glenn though.  No one disputes he can put up big yardage and strong completion percentage.  But he still throws picks at the worst times, and he's a loser more often than he's a winner.  A 5000 yard season loses some of its shine when it goes with a 4-14 record.

48 minutes ago, Atomic said:

"Khari's not actually that great, anyone could succeed with that set of receivers."

Heard that or some variation of it hundreds of times when Khari was here and shortly after he left.

People were hard on Khari when he was here throwing all those TDs. That's half the reason I joined these boards, keep people straight and tell them they were wrong for dissing Khari.