Odds and Sods - Bombers at BC Lions

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

and as if Noeller gets the reputation as Mr. Sunshine. Guy gets as negative as anyone, difference is he doesn't get caught up in the knee jerk reactions like some people do. 

Quoted For (Mostly) Truth.

In my old age, I'm learning that things are never as bad or as good as they seem. Gotta ride out the roller coaster season as best you can or it'll shorten your life... ;)

The best way to make your life last longer is to spend your time doing things you don't enjoy. (might be a thought from Steve Wright )

Last year the Bombers had a receiver who was a good downfield blocker.

They let him go. Shepherd maybe?

I don't think the current group is excelling  at this aspect of the game.

I think the Bombers, if the QB can pull himself together, can probably beat any of the other teams. 

Matt can, he's done it before. I suspect he's putting a lot of pressure on himself. Got to R.E L.A.X.

Edited by Mark F

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Quoted For (Mostly) Truth.

In my old age, I'm learning that things are never as bad or as good as they seem. Gotta ride out the roller coaster season as best you can or it'll shorten your life... ;)

What I've learned in my old age is that when the wheels come off things turn bad real quick. I'm starting to get nervous about things in Bomber land. It's starting to feel like not only will we not improve on last year's 11-7 record and a playoff appearance, but 9-9 or worse and a playoff miss is more likely. Sure hope I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

What I've learned in my old age is that when the wheels come off things turn bad real quick. I'm starting to get nervous about things in Bomber land. It's starting to feel like not only will we not improve on last year's 11-7 record and a playoff appearance, but 9-9 or worse and a playoff miss is more likely. Sure hope I'm wrong.

I will agree that Nichols has to get better.  He's not the Nichols of last year.  We also have to start establishing a run game.  Six carries for Harris is ridiculous. I am no OC guy, but I do know that establishing the run pays big dividends in the 4th quarter with a tired Defence.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I will agree that Nichols has to get better.  He's not the Nichols of last year.  We also have to start establishing a run game.  Six carries for Harris is ridiculous. I am no OC guy, but I do know that establishing the run pays big dividends in the 4th quarter with a tired Defence.

Actually I have no faith in the current OC and establishing a run game sounds good to me so the job is yours. :-)

40 minutes ago, J5V said:

The team is further ahead of where they were last year at this same point in the season so why all the doom and gloom? The secondary is going to get healthier, the linebackers are going to get healthier, why all the hand wringing over a loss to BC and Calgary? Oh right, cause some people just like to get caught up in the negativity. 

53 minutes ago, J5V said:

The Bombers were worse off at this point last season (1-4) than they are right now (2-2) and could easily be 3-1 if not for two costly mistakes late in the game on Friday.

There's nothing to suggest they won't improve after 4 games.

15 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

It most certainly did not!!  it wasn't even close.

Oh Christ -- it was WELL over! The one review they used, showed it clearly. All there needs to be is the tip of the cone across the front edge of the line. It was a lot more than that....was never in doubt.

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Oh Christ -- it was WELL over! The one review they used, showed it clearly. All there needs to be is the tip of the cone across the front edge of the line. It was a lot more than that....was never in doubt.

It was first down right?... If it was 3rd, I would understand some serious sour grapes... if anything BC fans should be happy they gave it to us on 1st rather than taking 3 tries... that gave them the time needed to make the come back :D

2 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

It most certainly did not!!  it wasn't even close.

It most certainly did!! lol. This is a debate you are unlikely to win here LG. Your team got the benefit on some questionable calls as well. It was a really good game. It's too bad for us our team decided to give it away with a string of stupidity and mistakes. We'll getcha next time.

Edited by gcn11

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Bombers were worse off at this point last season (1-4) than they are right now (2-2) and could easily be 3-1 if not for two costly mistakes late in the game on Friday.

There's nothing to suggest they won't improve after 4 games.

True. And as Atomic suggested, a winning streak is always possible too, especially looking at the schedule for the next while. I'm not feeling gloomy about the loss so much as the way we lost/lose. Frittering away leads, not playing 60 minutes, questionable coaching and schemes, etc.

41 minutes ago, J5V said:

True. And as Atomic suggested, a winning streak is always possible too, especially looking at the schedule for the next while. I'm not feeling gloomy about the loss so much as the way we lost/lose. Frittering away leads, not playing 60 minutes, questionable coaching and schemes, etc.

this is exactly the way I feel... like we gave this one away... it was actually nearly identical to the sask game: slow start followed by a period of dominance, then falling apart in the 4th the give the game away... except sask is not good enough to take a game when it's given to them... BC is

Edited by bearpants
horribly misplaced word

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

this is exactly the way I feel... like we gave this one away... it was actually nearly identical to the sask game: slow start followed by a period of dominance, then falling apart in the 4th the give the game away... except sask is NOT good enough to take a game when it's given to them... BC is

Fixed that for you.

Remember when we were 1-4 year and finished 11-7. Remember that year we went to the Grey Cup against B.C and they won? Yeah they started that season 0-5. We lost a game by a hair to one of the best teams in the league and everyone is so doom and gloom. Is there areas to improve on? Absolutely. Do our best players need to play better? 100 percent. But all this negative attitude after four games is a bit much. After years of terrible starts, a revolving door of QB's, and head coaches, I'm glad we have a stable core that can compete day in and day out. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Call on who you need to, that ball never touched the goal line.  No way, no how.

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

It most certainly did!! lol. This is a debate you are unlikely to win here LG. Your team got the benefit on some questionable calls as well. It was a really good game. It's too bad for us our team decided to give it away with a string of stupidity and mistakes. We'll getcha next time.

Noted.  The RTP call on Lulay after the pick was a garbage call.  It was simply a football play.  They say it was late, but there's no way a lineman call pull up once he has started the motion to tackle.  Terrible call.