IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Mr Dee

CFL WEEK 5        Bye - the bye

Marshall Ferguson   --  Crunching some #CFL QB tendency numbers tonight. 56% of #Bombers QB Matt Nichols attempts were outside the numbers. WAY above league average

?‍? If you watched any of the Bomber games, you'll agree - Andrew Harris finishes runs..

This week, all proceeds from online 50/50 sales will be donated to BC wildfire relief. We're all family. ???

?‍?It's hard not to agree with Rod Pedersen on this one:

CFL officiating has NOT gotten worse over the past couple of years. The addition of more TV cameras, more angles, more slo-mo and High Definition has made for a lot more "Living Room Officiating" in this country. That's all.

?‍?Although he misses the mark here:

The marquee game in Week 5 has to be Saskatchewan at Calgary on Saturday night (7 pm, TSN, CKRM). Can you believe the Stampeders have been installed as 11.5-point favourites? That seems like a whopping number to me, even with the two teams' histories. No Rod, it seemed perfectly right to me...  ?‍?Personally, I think the Riders will be slapped with reality in this game.

WBB   --  "(Sam Hurl) is trying to take (his leadership) to another level and I think he's doing a great job."

?‍? Now would be the time, I guess, to insert my finding on Hurl's last game...

?‍?It isn't very often you see, or don't see, a stat that shows a team’s MLB doesn't register a single tackle in a game. Unfortunately, this has just happened with the Blue Bombers and their MLB.

BUT, his usefulness isn't measured by tackles alone, after all, the best Canadian MLB in the CFL, Alex Singleton only had 3 tackles…

Edmonton Journal  -  Mike Reilly is the only starting QB without an interception. (But he hasn't played the Bombers yet)

?‍? The practice of closed practices will be practiced even more going forward..

Happy birthday to the Blue Bombers punting legend Bob Cameron! He held the gig for 23 years & played 353 consecutive games from 1980-2000!

?‍? Sask. - Receiver Joseph Morgan, who was signed June 28, has been released.

?‍? You know, that guy Kyries Hebert is a damned good tackler...

According to Jerome Messam, he has been fined $750 by the CFL for the disqualification last weekend against Montreal

?‍?Playoff positioning?  - The BC Lions play the next 4 games against Western opponents..

Vince Young on future with #Riders: “It’s still up in the air”  3downnation.com/2017/07/19/vin… #CFL

?‍?With the emergence of passing over a more balanced attack, does the “passing for 300 mark” need to be adjusted upwards? It doesn't seem to be as relevant anymore.

Zach Collaros stats over the last 9 games:

CFL  -   BL Mitchell has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 15 consecutive games and in 36 of the past 37 contests. - 

The Stamps now have 11 straight wins against West Division opponents.

?‍?The Bombers aren't the only team to have slow starts. The 4-0 Eskimos Have scored 12 points in the first quarter and 39 in the fourth quarter.

Lowell Ulrich - on the now famous Medlock pass

Winnipeg coach Mike O’Shea was non-committal in the post-game scrum but told the Bombers’ flagship radio broadcast that Medlock had inaccurately taken an option.

?‍? Over 21K at the Lions game

?‍? Less than 16,000 at the Argos game

?‍? The most entertaining part of the Rider’s game plan was the running up to the ball just before they punted. Riveting.

Farhan Lalji  -  Anthony Parker suffered a dislocated shoulder, will miss extensive time. Gaiter (Charlie horse) expects to play next week. #BCLions @CFLonTSN

-92 games without losing back to back games might be the most impressive stat of the Hufnagel era with #Stamps @CFLonTSN

NIK Lewis  -  Micah Johnson is the best D tackle in the league. BAR NONE

Derek Taylor  -  Duron Carter: 14 rec, 144 yds. 4th on the Riders.   Maybe talking shouldn't be his thing right now.

CFL Communications  -  Kevin Glenn is the 7th player to join the 50,000 passing yards club. He joins with Calvillo, Allen, Burris, Ray, McManus and Lancaster. #CFL

?‍? ‘Garbage time’ means different things to different teams. Unfortunately, when they play the Bombers, they call it ‘comeback time’. That's gotta change..

?‍? Stampeders beat the Bombers 29-10, and beat the Riders 27-10

**As former NFL head coach Dennis Green famously said, they are who we thought they were. - Joel Gasson - 3downnation 

?‍?So, it seems BL Mitchell likes to use quotes without credits..(from last year)

?‍? Not a bad debut for Bomber Brian Walker - 7 tackles. Marco Iannuzzi certainly remembers him.

Troy Westwood -  My take. When a player has a "green light", that is much different from a called fake. A called fake is a direct order from a coach.

• Kickers and punters are sometimes given green lights to act on a formation from the opposing team. 
  • A coach though would hope a player 2/3

would understand the situation and decline the opportunity due to situation (3rd n 15, own 26, up by 8, 8:26 left). 3/3

Darren Cameron  -  #Bombers will practice twice this week, with a walkthrough Wednesday. Both practice days start at 1130am and are open to fans.

BC LIons  ? TRANSACTION ?

We have added QB Jake Heaps (@jtheaps9) to our practice roster. He attended 2016 training camp in Seattle ? ?

Bomber Buzz

Boundary defenders Chris Randle and TJ Heath were targeted merely a combined four times, which is a season-low for both the 2016 and 2017 seasons, by a team that attacks the short-side of the field more frequently than most offenses. 

Instead, Lulay and the offense took their shots at field-side halfback Roc Carmichael and field-side cornerback Brian Walker, who each had 7 a whopping seven targets, while strong-side linebacker Brandon Alexander was tested three times himself.

While Carmichael seems to be the consensus scapegoat for Bomber fans, it was actually Walker who made more crucial errors that Lulay was able to exploit.    https://bomberbuzz.com/2017/07/24/how-lulay-bc-lions-offense-attacked-bombers-field-side-secondary/amp/

**Breaking: The #Esks sign national kicker Hugh O'Neill and international linebacker Antonio Longino. #OneEmpire

fakegainer  -  Argos 50/50 now at $6.

Terry Koshan - Toronto Sun  -  Ray passed for 367 yards, the fifth consecutive start the future hall of famer has passed for at least 300.

Argos  -  The Argonauts defence was relentless on Monday night, holding the REDBLACKS to just 276 net yards and QB Trevor Harris to a season-low 184 yards and one touchdown. Additionally, the Boatmen forced three turnovers (2 FF, 1 INT) while posting three sacks and seven quarterback pressures.

Toronto has now won seven of their last 10 meetings with the REDBLACKS since the Ottawa club returned to the league in 2014.

CFL staff  -  The Ticats have re-signed db Dominique Ellis

Drew Edwards  -  #Ticats HC Kent Austin on whether he says faith in @ZCollaros7 as his starter: “100%” #CFL

CFL News -  #Argos place RB Brandon Whitaker on six-game injured list. #CFL via @TorontoArgos

Darrin Bauming  -  I think Kevin Fogg is ready to go this week. We'll see what O'Shea says. Fogg, out since suffering LBI on July 1, began practicing July 18. - 

-#Bombers starting secondary appears to be unchanged from last week. Fogg, likely, will factor into the return game and as a reserve DB.

Week 6

Montreal at Winnipeg -Thurs,

BC at Edmonton - Frid. - Game of the week..should be a gooder

Toronto at Saskatchewan - Sat. 

Hamilton at Calgary - Sat.

unofficial bye - Ottawa   (Ottawa's next game - hosting Winnipeg Aug 4)

13 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

CFL WEEK 5        Bye - the bye

Marshall Ferguson   --  Crunching some #CFL QB tendency numbers tonight. 56% of #Bombers QB Matt Nichols attempts were outside the numbers. WAY above league average

?‍? If you watched any of the Bomber games, you'll agree - Andrew Harris finishes runs..

This week, all proceeds from online 50/50 sales will be donated to BC wildfire relief. We're all family. ???

?‍?It's hard not to agree with Rod Pedersen on this one:

CFL officiating has NOT gotten worse over the past couple of years. The addition of more TV cameras, more angles, more slo-mo and High Definition has made for a lot more "Living Room Officiating" in this country. That's all.

?‍?Although he misses the mark here:

The marquee game in Week 5 has to be Saskatchewan at Calgary on Saturday night (7 pm, TSN, CKRM). Can you believe the Stampeders have been installed as 11.5-point favourites? That seems like a whopping number to me, even with the two teams' histories. No Rod, it seemed perfectly right to me...  ?‍?Personally, I think the Riders will be slapped with reality in this game.

WBB   --  "(Sam Hurl) is trying to take (his leadership) to another level and I think he's doing a great job."

?‍?It isn't very often you see, or don't see, a stat that shows a team’s MLB doesn't register a single tackle in a game. Unfortunately, this has just happened with the Blue Bombers and their MLB.

BUT, his usefulness isn't measured by tackles alone, after all, the best Canadian MLB in the CFL, Alex Singleton only had 3 tackles…

Edmonton Journal  -  Mike Reilly is the only starting QB without an interception. (But he hasn't played the Bombers yet)

?‍? The practice of closed practices will be practiced even more going forward..

Happy birthday to the Blue Bombers punting legend Bob Cameron! He held the gig for 23 years & played 353 consecutive games from 1980-2000!

?‍? Sask. - Receiver Joseph Morgan, who was signed June 28, has been released.

?‍? You know, that guy Kyries Hebert is a damned good tackler...

According to Jerome Messam, he has been fined $750 by the CFL for the disqualification last weekend against Montreal

?‍?Playoff positioning?  - The BC Lions play the next 4 games against Western opponents..

Vince Young on future with #Riders: “It’s still up in the air”  3downnation.com/2017/07/19/vin… #CFL

?‍?With the emergence of passing over a more balanced attack, does the “passing for 300 mark” need to be adjusted upwards? It doesn't seem to be as relevant anymore.

Zach Collaros stats over the last 9 games:

CFL  -   BL Mitchell has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 15 consecutive games and in 36 of the past 37 contests. - 

The Stamps now have 11 straight wins against West Division opponents.

?‍?The Bombers aren't the only team to have slow starts. The 4-0 Eskimos Have scored 12 points in the first quarter and 39 in the fourth quarter.

Lowell Ulrich - on the now famous Medlock pass

Winnipeg coach Mike O’Shea was non-committal in the post-game scrum but told the Bombers’ flagship radio broadcast that Medlock had inaccurately taken an option.

?‍? Over 21K at the Lions game

?‍? Less than 16,000 at the Argos game

?‍? The most entertaining part of the Rider’s game plan was the running up to the ball just before they punted. Riveting.

Farhan Lalji  -  Anthony Parker suffered a dislocated shoulder, will miss extensive time. Gaiter (Charlie horse) expects to play next week. #BCLions @CFLonTSN

-92 games without losing back to back games might be the most impressive stat of the Hufnagel era with #Stamps @CFLonTSN

NIK Lewis  -  Micah Johnson is the best D tackle in the league. BAR NONE

Derek Taylor  -  Duron Carter: 14 rec, 144 yds. 4th on the Riders.   Maybe talking shouldn't be his thing right now.

CFL Communications  -  Kevin Glenn is the 7th player to join the 50,000 passing yards club. He joins with Calvillo, Allen, Burris, Ray, McManus and Lancaster. #CFL

?‍? ‘Garbage time’ means different things to different teams. Unfortunately, when they play the Bombers, they call it ‘comeback time’. That's gotta change..

?‍? Stampeders beat the Bombers 29-10, and beat the Riders 27-10

**As former NFL head coach Dennis Green famously said, they are who we thought they were. - Joel Gasson - 3downnation 

?‍?So, it seems BL Mitchell likes to use quotes without credits..(from last year)

?‍? Not a bad debut for Bomber Brian Walker - 7 tackles. Marco Iannuzzi certainly remembers him.

Troy Westwood -  My take. When a player has a "green light", that is much different from a called fake. A called fake is a direct order from a coach.

• Kickers and punters are sometimes given green lights to act on a formation from the opposing team. 
  • A coach though would hope a player 2/3

would understand the situation and decline the opportunity due to situation (3rd n 15, own 26, up by 8, 8:26 left). 3/3

Darren Cameron  -  #Bombers will practice twice this week, with a walkthrough Wednesday. Both practice days start at 1130am and are open to fans.

BC LIons  ? TRANSACTION ?

We have added QB Jake Heaps (@jtheaps9) to our practice roster. He attended 2016 training camp in Seattle ? ?

Bomber Buzz

Boundary defenders Chris Randle and TJ Heath were targeted merely a combined four times, which is a season-low for both the 2016 and 2017 seasons, by a team that attacks the short-side of the field more frequently than most offenses. 

Instead, Lulay and the offense took their shots at field-side halfback Roc Carmichael and field-side cornerback Brian Walker, who each had 7 a whopping seven targets, while strong-side linebacker Brandon Alexander was tested three times himself.

While Carmichael seems to be the consensus scapegoat for Bomber fans, it was actually Walker who made more crucial errors that Lulay was able to exploit.    https://bomberbuzz.com/2017/07/24/how-lulay-bc-lions-offense-attacked-bombers-field-side-secondary/amp/

**Breaking: The #Esks sign national kicker Hugh O'Neill and international linebacker Antonio Longino. #OneEmpire

fakegainer  -  Argos 50/50 now at $6.

Terry Koshan - Toronto Sun  -  Ray passed for 367 yards, the fifth consecutive start the future hall of famer has passed for at least 300.

Argos  -  The Argonauts defence was relentless on Monday night, holding the REDBLACKS to just 276 net yards and QB Trevor Harris to a season-low 184 yards and one touchdown. Additionally, the Boatmen forced three turnovers (2 FF, 1 INT) while posting three sacks and seven quarterback pressures.

Toronto has now won seven of their last 10 meetings with the REDBLACKS since the Ottawa club returned to the league in 2014.

CFL staff  -  The Ticats have re-signed db Dominique Ellis

Drew Edwards  -  #Ticats HC Kent Austin on whether he says faith in @ZCollaros7 as his starter: “100%” #CFL

CFL News -  #Argos place RB Brandon Whitaker on six-game injured list. #CFL via @TorontoArgos

Darrin Bauming  -  I think Kevin Fogg is ready to go this week. We'll see what O'Shea says. Fogg, out since suffering LBI on July 1, began practicing July 18. - 

-#Bombers starting secondary appears to be unchanged from last week. Fogg, likely, will factor into the return game and as a reserve DB.

Week 6

Montreal at Winnipeg -Thurs,

BC at Edmonton - Frid. - Game of the week..should be a gooder

Toronto at Saskatchewan - Sat. 

Hamilton at Calgary - Sat.

unofficial bye - Ottawa   (Ottawa's next game - hosting Winnipeg Aug 4)

That is one amazing stat on Collaros.

There is no way one could have predicted this.

What is it? Lack of confidence, support, coaching, health, combo? 

Or is it actually talent? 

The parity, or lackthereof, between divisions is striking yet again.   Eskies look like world beaters now, let's see what they're like against the west.  Same too with BC - now they're on their west-only stretch over the next month. 

L O L @ the Dennis comments.  I don't know that we're much different as a fanbase in a lot of ways, still funny stuff to read.  

The Bob Cameron stats I was well aware of, still astonishing to see in front of you. As close to an untouchable record as you'll find? I think so.

Ditto @HardCoreBlue's comment re: Collaros.  I always had him a tier below Mitchell & Reilly, but he has to be better than this?  Seeing how far one Drew Willy fell in a few short months has me intrigued about what happens with Zach.  Guess the nation's best stadium couldn't help ya, eh Zachy boy?

Anyone notice that they used the term "another level" and not "higher level". Verrry interestink....

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That is one amazing stat on Collaros.

There is no way one could have predicted this.

What is it? Lack of confidence, support, coaching, health, combo? 

Or is it actually talent? 

I think Collaros has a case of the "Drew Willy's" when you get hit repeatedly over and over again you develop happy feet in the pocket and it messes up your mechanics and your accuracy, not to mention the mental aspect of it. Collaros has never thrown more then 9 INT in a season ( keep in mind he's never been completely healthy) but he has 4 already in 4 games. These things are hard to over come because once its in your head mentally it will always be there.

The incident at the start of the Rider-Stamp game between Carter and Josh Bell...

Duron Carter: "To me, if I can get under somebody's skin, it just seemed like I got in his skin and I wore it, like it was a bodysuit. It felt kind of good.

IMG_0567.jpg                                 75_FE2709-4_ADF-4079-8_A30-_E1_B8_D44_DC

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

The incident at the start of the Rider-Stamp game between Carter and Josh Bell...

Duron Carter: "To me, if I can get under somebody's skin, it just seemed like I got in his skin and I wore it, like it was a bodysuit. It felt kind of good.

IMG_0567.jpg                                 75_FE2709-4_ADF-4079-8_A30-_E1_B8_D44_DC

He's gotta have brain damage. There's no other logical explanation.

12 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yeah all those yards and touchdowns he put up, and leading his team to victory, you sure showed them. God what a moron. 

8 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Fogg is healthy and not starting? 

He's much better than any of those new guys.

Yeah that's a head scratcher.  Although I do like Brandon Alexander and Brian Walker.  Fogg had his struggles on defence last season, there is no question about that.  But never to the degree that Carmichael has struggled.

14 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

unfknbelievable..  what a complete moron..  This is what he thinks is a good thing to accomplish during a football game?   wearing someone's skin like buffalo bill in silence of the lambs? 

there isn't a word that I can think of that truly expresses how idiotic this tweet is and his actions..   wow.

14 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

There's a lot, a lot, a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot more to come.