What would it take to fire a coordinator?

BigBlue

11 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Not enough stupid nicknames to be Nate.  He does seem to create just as many ridiculous threads though.

Glad I ain't the only one who notices lol but ya hes done this for as long as I can remember.. Not quite as bad as they do usually have some substance where as Nate was just gibberish and wanting to pontificate his weirdness for all to see.

I am hoping that pressure builds for the coordinators to perform, to move beyond their comfort zone just a little bit and push the envelope - - almost every poster on this site wants our Blue to be a   more aggressive ... this thread isn't about firing anyone right now: we are no where near the panic button ... we just need to stretch, optimize what we are capable of

This thread is also a sarcastic reply to all those relentless critics of our play calling and schemes: SO MUCH BELLY-ACHING WITHOUT THOUGHT AS TO THE REAL CAUSES OF WHAT IS AILING US

I see MOS as a hands-off HC, not over ruling his coordinators much, if it all. I am just wondering whether its time he take a more directing approach with Ritchie Hall.

For example, DBs playing a soft 6 yards off the receivers .... can he put forward a change in strategy to Hall?

On-field product aside, listening to O'shea has started to just make me sick. Post game on CJOB he starts off by saying "thanks to the fans who stayed, our players saw the fans leaving"... Well yeah no **** Mike, your team played terribly for the entire game until the final 1:40. 

I usually don't like Wicek's writing and don't agree with much of what he says but O'shea is becoming an easy guy to hate. It's almost as if he and the rest of the team are watching a totally different game than the rest of us. Bad attitude with the media and the fans is NOT going to pass here.

You're wrong, plain and simple. O'Shea, in no way, has ANY resentment or bad attitude towards the FANS. 

As to the media, as far as I'm concerned, they get out of O'Shea what they put into O'Shea. He respects hard work and due diligence. If some in the media don't show any aspect of that, how can you expect O'Shea not to have an attitude towards them?

23 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

On-field product aside, listening to O'shea has started to just make me sick. Post game on CJOB he starts off by saying "thanks to the fans who stayed, our players saw the fans leaving"... Well yeah no **** Mike, your team played terribly for the entire game until the final 1:40. 

I usually don't like Wicek's writing and don't agree with much of what he says but O'shea is becoming an easy guy to hate. It's almost as if he and the rest of the team are watching a totally different game than the rest of us. Bad attitude with the media and the fans is NOT going to pass here.

What a load of crap.

32 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

No offense but this is terribly ignorant comment. To suggest the team played badly the entire game save 1:40 is flat out untrue and then to bring up Wiecek's dumpster article to justify your claim O'Shea is easy to hate and has a bad attitude is utterly embarrassing on your part.

Get a clue.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

No offense but this is terribly ignorant comment. To suggest the team played badly the entire game save 1:40 is flat out untrue and then to bring up Wiecek's dumpster article to justify your claim O'Shea is easy to hate and has a bad attitude is utterly embarrassing on your part.

Get a clue.

What part of their game was good or even better than the Als? Offence? Nope. Defence? Nope. Even Medlock got out played by Bede.

How can you possibly believe we deserved to win that game? 

36 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

You're wrong, plain and simple. O'Shea, in no way, has ANY resentment or bad attitude towards the FANS. 

As to the media, as far as I'm concerned, they get out of O'Shea what they put into O'Shea. He respects hard work and due diligence. If some in the media don't show any aspect of that, how can you expect O'Shea not to have an attitude towards them?

Do you ever hear him snipe at guys like Irving or Tait, even some of the visiting media? Not me.

It just seems to be the local hacks who can't give two shits to even tweet about what goes on at practice, TC etc. but anytime they can fire off a hot take at his expense because he puts as much effort into his responses as they do the questions they ask and they get offended. Want good answers? Ask good questions. Pretty simple, and if people don't like MOS because he doesn't cowtow to that BS then so be it.

43 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

No, you're  wrong colonel sanders!

bad attitude with the fans, lol.   Are you watching the same interviews and listening to the same stuff as the rest of us?   Maybe this is Wieck in disguise..

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Get a clue.

wheres the applause emoji.   you summed up what i'm sure a lot of us here would like to have replied to this post.

3 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

What part of their game was good or even better than the Als? Offence? Nope. Defence? Nope. Even Medlock got out played by Bede.

What did the Als do any better to "deserve" the win? The fact is this: the Bombers got the win. How they did it was not a pretty effort but two points are two points. The end result is what matters here.

You still haven't explained why you agree with that plug Wiecek or why you now feel O'Shea is hated and has a bad attitude.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What did the Als do any better to "deserve" the win? The fact is this: the Bombers got the win. How they did it was not a pretty effort but two points are two points. The end result is what matters here.

You still haven't explained why you agree with that plug Wiecek or why you now feel O'Shea is hated and has a bad attitude.

im gonna guess because Wiecek said so. lol

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I already explained why I don't like O'Shea, his team does not play well for over half the game and somehow pulls out a miracle win, still smug and acts like they planned it out that way.

Last year when willy was struggling, seemingly the only guy who could not see that was Mike O'Shea.

Constantly strutting out Brian Brohm game after game.

I could go on.

23 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

The Bombers required only 56 seconds to go 69 yards to score. That's execution against a tough D. 

Then a masterfully executed kickoff, designed by O'Shea by the way, and the Bombers, inexplicably, had a chance. 

Then, they gutted it out in less than 40 seconds to complete the comeback.

Those late points, plus the points we had already scored was the part of the game where we were better than the Alouettes.

That's how  can believe we deserved to win.

Tell me, did BC deserve to win last week?

Just now, Mr Dee said:

The Bombers required only 56 seconds to go 69 yards to score. That's execution against a tough D. 

Then a masterfully executed kickoff, designed by O'Shea by the way, and the Bombers, inexplicably, had a chance. 

Then, they gutted it out in less than 40 seconds to complete the comeback.

Those late points, plus the points we had already scored was the part of the game where we were better than the Alouettes.

That's how  can believe we deserved to win.

Tell me, did BC deserve to win last week?

Yes they did, they outplayed us minus a small portion of the game in the 3rd quarter. 5, 2 in outs in a row in the 4th quarter and a defense made of swiss cheese? Not good enough. 

We give up way too many yards and force a couple turnovers which leads to quick points, I get it ,that's the way we're going to win. What bugs me is we will have to pull this off on a consistent basis in order to even get a whiff at a grey cup.

5 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Yes they did, they outplayed us minus a small portion of the game in the 3rd quarter. 5, 2 in outs in a row in the 4th quarter and a defense made of swiss cheese? Not good enough. 

We give up way too many yards and force a couple turnovers which leads to quick points, I get it ,that's the way we're going to win. What bugs me is we will have to pull this off on a consistent basis in order to even get a whiff at a grey cup.

what scoring at key times and creating turn overs is how you win? Well I have something to tell you.... every team relies on those things to win. I mean seriously the stats for how strongly winning the turn over battle correlates to wins means that every team that wins relies on turn overs. 

Yeah there's areas that need to get more consistent on this team, but they're battlers and they always believe they have a chance to win, that comes from the coach and that's what makes him a good coach.