Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

Is Harris not down once his right elbow touches the ground? Seems to me he might have been an inch or two short of a touchdown. Probably not conclusive enough to overturn the call on the field.

Genereally speaking however, the refs have been absolutely awful this year and it appears the Bombers have been beneficiaries more often than not. I don't want to complain, but I can't say the wins this year have felt as good as they should have, simply due to the poor officiating.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

against a prevent defense that was gassed and playing soft, dont get me wrong im happy as hell lol but nichols was garbage for a huge stretch of the game

How do you figure the Montreal D was gassed at that point in the game?  They should have had plenty left in the tank considering the extremely lopsided time of possession.

Now remember why I never leave early.......so few people....so much noise.

1 minute ago, Sard said:

How do you figure the Montreal D was gassed at that point in the game?  They should have had plenty left in the tank considering the extremely lopsided time of possession.

Was eyeballing them, after we recovered the short kick......some of their players looked absolutely blown....

11 minutes ago, do or die said:

Now remember why I never leave early.......so few people....so much noise.

Was eyeballing them, after we recovered the short kick......some of their players looked absolutely blown....

Alright, fair enough... don't think they should have been just based on how much time they had had off the field, but I suppose after the TD and the recovered onside kick that could sap some energy for sure.

2 hours ago, the watcher said:

The two earlier RTP calls are completely debatable.I have no understanding of how anyone who doesn't despise the Bombers (Ripper,Climie)could question the helmet to helmet.on the last series.

Not only was that RTP, it was a deliberate attempt to injure and I believe the Als player will be fined for that hit.

33 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

That play was way worse than the one on Ricky Ray at the end of the Bombers/Argos game, and the Bomber player got fined for that.

This is a problem that I've noticed quite a bit where defenders drop their heads 3 or 4 yards before they get to the guy they are trying to tackle/hit and they can't see their target.  If the Montreal player had kept his head up, he would have seen Nichols duck and could have avoided his head.  Same with the hit that the Bomber's player made on the Montreal kick returner on one play where he hit the guy out of bounds, if he had kept his head up he would have seen the returner step out of bounds and could have avoided making the hit and taking the penalty.

Guys have got to start tackling smarter and keeping an eye on their target so that they don't miss the tackle and/or injure guys because they are being wreckless.

2 hours ago, Yourface said:

Is Harris not down once his right elbow touches the ground? Seems to me he might have been an inch or two short of a touchdown. Probably not conclusive enough to overturn the call on the field.

Genereally speaking however, the refs have been absolutely awful this year and it appears the Bombers have been beneficiaries more often than not. I don't want to complain, but I can't say the wins this year have felt as good as they should have, simply due to the poor officiating.

Huh? A win ALWAYS feels good. Calls, good and bad, tend to even themselves out. You win some, you lose some. Today we won.

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

This is a very unrecognizable feeling..  I mean, did we just pull the biggest, fattest rabbit out of a hat?

And Medlock? Talk about pulling yourself together.

A tip of the hat to MOS. Not an ordinary kick to the sidelines like every other team, but a perfectly executed kick to the hash marks, and the rest was pure will. Nichols getting that far on a run...whoa. Enormous effort.

And, of course, Harris, who is a RUNNING BACK...

LOL! I don't know how much of that is MOS but he gets the credit when things go wrong so he gets the credit when things go right too. Fair is fair. LOL!

They're starting to call it the Montreal Miracle, but that miracle monitor belongs with the Milt TD.

However, in those Bomber last drive(s) did anybody really believe that the outcome would change? But the Bombers, in 13 plays, using 8 short passes and 2 longer passes, somehow managed (Nichols) to avoid (duck) some pretty ferocious pressure and move the ball....and score. Not once, but twice. So, I guess it can be described as a miracle..

NO QUIT!

Why didn't theBombers have to try a convert after the final td?  If it were blocked or missed, Mont. may have been able to return it for a game tying point.  If the td had tied the game they would have kicked it, so the game wasn't over after the td.

As bizarre as parts of this game were there were some promising takeaways: Andrew Harris is finally being used to his potential and is responding well, Lankford and Adams really stepped up and gave pretty good imitations of legitimate CFL receivers, Carmichael wasn't publicly embarrassed, Nichols got better as the game went on, the O-line did its usual sterling job, and the D-line made life miserable for Durant. Our linebackers still suck, though, and this has to get fixed. As good as Knox was last game, he was equally lost last night. A game for the ages, though.

6 minutes ago, baxter said:

Why didn't theBombers have to try a convert after the final td?  If it were blocked or missed, Mont. may have been able to return it for a game tying point.  If the td had tied the game they would have kicked it, so the game wasn't over after the td.

They did. They went for 2. But spiked it to end. 

8 minutes ago, baxter said:

Spiked on the convert.

Edited by blue_gold_84

Ppl on twitter saying they watched the replay 15 20 times and feel harris was down... Heres the thing tho... If u have to watch it 15 20 times to figure that out... Inconclusive. Call on the field stands. I feel with all replay... If after 45 or 60 seconds... Its inconclusive... You stay with the call on the field. 

You have to give that Montreal team credit. Except for the ending, they called, and executed a pretty darn good game plan. This is the team that beat Calgary and are going to give other teams a run for their money for sure.

But holy-jumping-sheep-****, wasn't that a colossal effort by the Bombers to end the game?

NO QUIT!

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ppl on twitter saying they watched the replay 15 20 times and feel harris was down... Heres the thing tho... If u have to watch it 15 20 times to figure that out... Inconclusive. Call on the field stands. I feel with all replay... If after 45 or 60 seconds... Its inconclusive... You stay with the call on the field. 

Here's another thing, those people's opinions don't matter.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Here's another thing, those people's opinions don't matter.

That's the problem with social media nowadays. Anyone can spew whatever nonsense they want and call it their opinion. That doesn't make it correct or accurate, though.

Social media has basically become a sounding board for the moronic.