Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That's the problem with social media nowadays. Anyone can spew whatever nonsense they want and call it their opinion. That doesn't make it correct or accurate, though.

Social media has basically become a sounding board for the moronic.

When YouTube first came out I was disturbed by the base level of stupidity exhibited in the comments section and thought to myself, "this must be the voice of the young".  I was wrong, today that's become the norm and one of those early posters has even gone on to become POTUS.

as it stands according to the CFL standings (and not including defensive scoring, which will play a role i guess)

we have the the most points scored in the league

and most points allowed in the league

I guess we can hope that some injuries getting healed on D will help, but there's def something wrong with our defense and MOS/Hall really need to get to work.

43 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ppl on twitter saying they watched the replay 15 20 times and feel harris was down... Heres the thing tho... If u have to watch it 15 20 times to figure that out... Inconclusive. Call on the field stands. I feel with all replay... If after 45 or 60 seconds... Its inconclusive... You stay with the call on the field. 

I thought his elbow was down right before he goal line, but you can't overturn that call. 

At the end of the day, Montreal never should've put themselves in that position.

7 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

That play was way worse than the one on Ricky Ray at the end of the Bombers/Argos game, and the Bomber player got fined for that.

Fined yes. But they ignored it on the field. A call there would have maybe changed things in that game.  Don't kid yourselves, the Bombers have been on the right side of every major call this year. Even on the Nichols dive when Montreal was trying to challenge it, you could hear Bradbury basically telling Chaps it was a penalty anyways. For the record, I don't hate the Bombers, but was upset last night because that win for you drove a nail into the Riders, and it shouldn't have happened

9 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I thought his elbow was down right before he goal line, but you can't overturn that call. 

At the end of the day, Montreal never should've put themselves in that position.

You are right, Montreal put themselves in a bad spot. The reffing has been a joke all year, so this is what happens

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Fined yes. But they ignored it on the field. A call there would have maybe changed things in that game.  Don't kid yourselves, the Bombers have been on the right side of every major call this year. Even on the Nichols dive when Montreal was trying to challenge it, you could hear Bradbury basically telling Chaps it was a penalty anyways. For the record, I don't hate the Bombers, but was upset last night because that win for you drove a nail into the Riders, and it shouldn't have happened

Yep, totally right. Only team benefiting from poor officiating.  Give me a break.

As for your Riders, nail was sunk deep before your season even started. Don't kid yourself. 

10 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You're writing off your Riders this early into the season? 

10 minutes ago, Ripper said:

How about Arceneux's phantom "catch" last week? O'Shea had to waste a challenge on what was clearly a blown call... obviously they got it right on the challenge... but we still essentially lost a challenge that O'Shea basically had to throw away. As for the reffing overall, I agree it has been atrocious this year.

YOu fail to remember tho the BS pass interference in the endzone that led to a Montreal TD...If that happened to the Rider's you would be livid.

The RP penalty to on Jeffcoat was very weak so it goes both ways. Ackie led with helmet and nailed Nichols in the face...penalty everytime and again if it happened to a Rider QB...or any other teams they would be screaming for a RP penalty...heck Ackie had to get his helmet adjusted/fixed on the field by a teammate so it proves he had helmet contact.

Harris being down...well you need undisputed proof and there was none...You can clearly see his legs still driving and from no angle can you tell when the ball actually broke the plain..it definitely did which was totally undisputed...so really you can't over rule...also Command has 2 different views we don't see...so until people see all the tape you can't make a true decision

Question is if that game was reversed and Montreal made that last TD...would Bomber haters say that Montreal got the benefit of the good call??

Highly doubt it...

When is a great win not a great win.....when you win one like that...BUT we'll take the 2 points....One thing that bothers the hell out me with this club....WHY???? when we score and have a chance to put the boots to the other guy we allow them right back into it with sloppy play....I know we have more talent than that....Is it the defensive passive schemes that allow this??...We have to get the killer instinct and after that early td by us on the interception we should have stepped it up ...not turtle and go into some sort weak preventative funk...We have to straighten that out.

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

On every major call...? I think you're sucking back on too much tainted Pilsner if you believe that.

The officiating has been a disaster every game, so to suggest one team has benefitted from it more than any other is flat out absurd.

And just to be clear: your joke of a team has dug its own grave. If you need to rely on other teams to lose when yours is sitting idle, your team obviously stinks.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

On every major call...? I think you're sucking back on too much tainted Pilsner if you believe that.

The officiating has been a disaster every game, so to suggest one team has benefitted from it more than any other is flat out absurd.

And just to be clear: your joke of a team has dug its own grave. If you need to rely on other teams to lose when yours is sitting idle, your team obviously stinks.

First of all, that Pilsner is dam good stuff.  The calls in the last 3 minutes seem to really be big, those are the ones I mean. As far as the Riders, they have to face the music, as does Jones.  As much as I enjoyed watching Durant lose, as a divisional rival would have been nice to see the Bombers lose instead

9 hours ago, Sard said:

How do you figure the Montreal D was gassed at that point in the game?  They should have had plenty left in the tank considering the extremely lopsided time of possession.

They weren't gassed at the end.  The first of the TD drives they backed off and played soft as if the game was over, textbook 'foot off the gas pedal'.

Then on the game winning drive they were simply stunned from the onside kick.

So over last 18 games...which is in essence is a season Nichols is 13-5...and what...like 27 TD's to 13 picks ?

well over 4000 yards passing...so how does he get pegged as average/sub-par or just a game manager??

If thats how you manage games then sign me more of guys like that.

Sure he's not dynamic, electrifying or just gives you the wow factor but he's winning....and that is at times being handcuffed with questionable play calling given to him and some poor in game management by coaching