Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the ALS running backs going out of bounds 2 or 3 times on there final drive could of brought the clock down another 40 seconds at least. 

I noticed that. Poor clock management. I think they just figured it was over, they kind of mailed one in.  It was the perfect storm

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

So over last 18 games...which is in essence is a season Nichols is 13-5...and what...like 27 TD's to 13 picks ?

well over 4000 yards passing...so how does he get pegged as average/sub-par or just a game manager??

If thats how you manage games then sign me more of guys like that.

Sure he's not dynamic, electrifying or just gives you the wow factor but he's winning....and that is at times being handcuffed with questionable play calling given to him and some poor in game management by coaching

443/646 for 68.6%, 5,013 yards, 27 td passes, 13 ints.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Coming into the office this morning downtown Edmonton feels good. Waving my blue and gold all over the place is making everyone's morning. It would have been even better if I worked downtown Regina. Well maybe not. 

See, I don't get as much joy in AB on days like this....would pretty much give anything to be in Manitoba on a day like today, and celebrate it with people who truly care....

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

See, I don't get as much joy in AB on days like this....would pretty much give anything to be in Manitoba on a day like today, and celebrate it with people who truly care....

Yea I hear you, but second best is being that lone soul spreading joy to those who want to throw me out my office window.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

As much as the Al's D let up on the Lankford TD series, kudos to Lapolice and Nichols for effectively managing what little time the Bombers had left. Sure, they had some help along the way (the roughing the passer call, the onside kick). On both those drives though, as soon as the play was whistled in, there was maybe 1 or 2 seconds off the clock before the ball was in Nichols hand again.

Recovering an onside kick isn't getting help from anywhere or anyone..it's execution...and a bit of luck...But also it was a key coaching decision to use the hash mark option when everyone in the stadium was assuming it was going to where everyone else puts it...that was out coaching an opposing team...generally the only other option you see is a guy just squibbing it straight ahead and trying to recover it himself

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Recovering an onside kick isn't getting help from anywhere or anyone..it's execution...and a bit of luck...But also it was a key coaching decision to use the hash mark option when everyone in the stadium was assuming it was going to where everyone else puts it...that was out coaching an opposing team...generally the only other option you see is a guy just squibbing it straight ahead and trying to recover it himself

I was thinking to myself that I don't think I've ever seen an onside kick NOT go to the sideline....and attempt to just touch it out of bounds...

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Fined yes. But they ignored it on the field. A call there would have maybe changed things in that game.  Don't kid yourselves, the Bombers have been on the right side of every major call this year. Even on the Nichols dive when Montreal was trying to challenge it, you could hear Bradbury basically telling Chaps it was a penalty anyways. For the record, I don't hate the Bombers, but was upset last night because that win for you drove a nail into the Riders, and it shouldn't have happened

lololol..

gotta love that RFR..  every major call,

smh.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup. great call by medlock or O'shea (medlock said Oshea gave him 4 options to go for on the post game) and medlock executed it to perfection.

Wow this game was confusing...

Mtl OL had given up 3 sacks in 5 games coming in.... and we sacked Durant 5 times.... yet their offense still goes for 500+ yards and pick apart our D... Mtl averaged around 19 points a game coming in with their season high being 23... they had 24 at half time... something NEEDS to be done with this defense... they've given up 40+ points in 3 games this year... and miraculously the team is 2-1 in those games...

and on the other side of the ball... Matt Nichols and the offense looked fairly inadequate most of the game... yet Matt's final stat line, looks like that of a HOFer...34/43, 358 yards, 2 TDs, no picks, 22 yards rushing... Harris ends up with 21 touches for 134 yards and 2 TDs...

and the reffing... some really bad calls both ways... for those who forget all the calls in Mtl's favour in the first half... my friend and I were joking Al Bradbury (a Winnipeg native) was intentionally "reverse home cooking" just so no one would accuse him of helping the home team... turns out he's just moderately incompetent like most of the league's refs :lol: ... and let me get this straight.... twitter/other fans and people were complaining about the Harris TD being the "blown call".... it was one of the few they got right!

last thought.... the Chris Ackie RTP call, I thought was fairly incidental... but at least it was consistent... you will never see a QB get hit helmet-to-helmet without a RTP call...

18 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Such a stupid play, absolutely no reason he couldn't have taken Nichols out body to body, he didn't even try to tackle.

What a complete A - *ol* this guy is on this play. Suspension is in order for that. And friggin Bowman whining.

Montreal has a fairly long history of this kind of crap. Chip Cox had one or two horsecollars in just this game. He horsecollars regularly. I really hate this kind of stuff.

I  don't understand how guys like this pull this off, and don't get killed on some other play.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Mark F said:

What a complete A - *ol* this guy is on this play. Suspension is in order for that. And friggin Bowman whining.

Montreal has a fairly long history of this kind of crap. Chip Cox had one or two horsecollars in just this game. He horsecollars regularly. I really hate this kind of stuff.

I  don't understand how guys like this pull this off, and don't get killed on some other play.

yea I remember back in the day, those idiots were dealt with by being on the receiving end of a crackback block or some loving in a scrum..  like in the NHL when someone took liberties on a "star" then the enforcer would lay the lumber whenever they could within the confines of the rules (or just outside of them) 

I'm amazed that cox hasn't been ear-holed repeatedly at this point.  was he the one that took out Dressler?