Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

54 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Herb Zurkowsky was on the pre game on CJOB. I've generally liked his writing but man did he comes across as a grumpy old man last night during the segment.

Seemed like he was trying to be a New York style stand up comic.

He answered every question with a wisecrack. Don't really need that on my CJOB Bomber pregame.

To their credit, Doug and Bob were very polite.

Edited by Mark F

4 hours ago, Booch said:

So over last 18 games...which is in essence is a season Nichols is 13-5...and what...like 27 TD's to 13 picks ?

well over 4000 yards passing...so how does he get pegged as average/sub-par or just a game manager??

If thats how you manage games then sign me more of guys like that.

Sure he's not dynamic, electrifying or just gives you the wow factor but he's winning....and that is at times being handcuffed with questionable play calling given to him and some poor in game management by coaching

He's also shown some decent wheels the past two weeks. He's no Tracy Ham, but the possibility of him running will have to be accounted for by the opposing D.

We're now seeing an additional dimension which will pay dividends moving forward.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Davis Sanchez is pissied off you omitted him.

I knew there was another name I was missing, and I just couldn't think of it.....that's absolutely the other one....f**k do I ever still hate that team.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Re: Als history of dirty play......

Diamond Ferri, Chip Cox, Ed Philion..........some of the all time biggest assholes in league history.

oh god, how could I forget Ferri.  ya he was another king of the horse collar.

And how about this gem after the game from Stefan Logan:

“I don’t like calling people out … but these refs, man, they gotta get better with this,” Logan told the Canadian Press. “These refs are really blowing these games.

“We’re playing against 15 people. We’re playing against the other team and the refs, and that ain’t fair. I’m sorry. That ain’t fair.”

Would you like any cheese with that whine? Good grief. The only call they could have a beef with would be the Nichols shove roughing the passer. I count atleast 3 against us/missed on them. Me smells a fine coming for Mr Logan.

10 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Logan should not complain he ran out of bounds on their last drive costing them 20 seconds.

True!  his coach should throw the challenge flag on him!

Maybe this is why he's complaining... trying to divert from his own not thinking to clearly play.

Edited by Mark F

40 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is the first time I've seen that angle... thanks for posting it.... changes my opinion on the play... looks like he led with his helmet the whole time, didn't even get his arms involved

If there was any play that typified  intent to injure, that was it. The SOB strutted away from the hit like he just saved the game.

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

“I don’t like calling people out … but these refs, man, they gotta get better with this,” Logan told the Canadian Press. “These refs are really blowing these games.

“We’re playing against 15 people. We’re playing against the other team and the refs, and that ain’t fair. I’m sorry. That ain’t fair.”

Would you like any cheese with that whine? Good grief. The only call they could have a beef with would be the Nichols shove roughing the passer. I count atleast 3 against us/missed on them. Me smells a fine coming for Mr Logan.

If he stays in bounds on the one run he had before his TD the Bombers have no hope of scoring that TD with or without the refs help.  Needs to look in the mirror.

17 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I wouldn't say that's the only bad call they had go against them. I'd say the PI call on Hollins which led to a touchdown was completely undeserved. The Bombers were so quick to scrimmage after that, Chapdelaine didn't even get the chance to consider a challenge. 

It's also pretty clear to me Harris went down before reaching the goal line on the last play. His right elbow hit the ground ahead of the goal line while the ball had clearly not broken the plane.

Edited by Yourface

18 minutes ago, Yourface said:

I wouldn't say that's the only bad call they had go against them. I'd say the PI call on Hollins which led to a touchdown was completely undeserved. The Bombers were so quick to scrimmage after that, Chapdelaine didn't even get the chance to consider a challenge. 

It's also pretty clear to me Harris went down before reaching the goal line on the last play. His right elbow hit the ground ahead of the goal line while the ball had clearly not broken the plane.

You are wrong about Harris. And are acting like a couple BS calls didnt hurt us either. It went both ways and has in every game this season... PI on Hollins was because after 5 yards you cant touch the receiver and he did.. Harris wasnt down cuz a guy with the ability to zoom in and out... Said so. 

His elbow didnt hit the ground.. It really didnt... Neither did his knee...

But talking about BS calls... Guess you missed the 3 or 4 against the bombers also. 

U gonna go in the BC thread and talk how BC got screwed? Cuz they actuly did on that late PI

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You are wrong about Harris. And are acting like a couple BS calls didnt hurt us either. It went both ways and has in every game this season... PI on Hollins was because after 5 yards you cant touch the receiver and he did.. Harris wasnt down cuz a guy with the ability to zoom in and out... Said so. 

His elbow didnt hit the ground.. It really didnt... Neither did his knee...

But talking about BS calls... Guess you missed the 3 or 4 against the bombers also. 

U gonna go in the BC thread and talk how BC got screwed? Cuz they actuly did on that late PI

It was a hell of an effort by Harris as he kept his legs churning but the elbow definitely hit the ground ahead of the goal line.

Hollins didn't even graze Lankford on the play. Just watched the replay a couple times. That really was an awful call.