Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

17 minutes ago, Yourface said:

It was a hell of an effort by Harris as he kept his legs churning but the elbow definitely hit the ground ahead of the goal line.

Hollins didn't even graze Lankford on the play. Just watched the replay a couple times. That really was an awful call.

Sorry if I don't get your shtick, what is the point of your existence on this Blue Bomber fan forum?

1 minute ago, Yourface said:

Just keeping things as objective as possible on this forum.

Bullfrog. There is ample evidence already provided on this forum from a TSN technician, stating emphatically, that after several different angle looks, Harris was never seen to be down. 

If you have been following the game threads, you would have seen that.

And by the way, how does your opinion that his elbow was down, mean, in any way, that it is an objective opinion?

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Bullfrog. There is ample evidence already provided on this forum from a TSN technician, stating emphatically, that after several different angle looks, Harris was never seen to be down. 

If you have been following the game threads, you would have seen that.

And by the way, how does your opinion that his elbow was down, mean, in any way, that it is an objective opinion?

Because I have a more objective mind than the rest of you.

It's not an opinion, it's pretty damn clear. The command centre was too pansy to overturn the call.

Edited by Yourface

Some week's end Bomber Stats:

Sunday Stats - After 6 weeks Winnipeg and Sask have played 1 game less

Bomber's Offence

3rd in total points

8th in passing yards

4th in passing TDs

8th in possession time

6th in rushing yards

3rd in rushing TDs

6th tie in sacks allowed

4th in turnovers

4th in red zone

Bomber's Defence

8th in points allowed

3rd tie in sacks

1st in interceptions

7th in forced fumbles

9th in pass knockdowns

Bomber's Special Teams

7th in punt average

5th in kickoff average

3rd in punt return average

2nd in kick return average

1st in penalties (lowest)

On 7/29/2017 at 11:49 AM, Saidin said:

One event that people have been forgetting and I just watched again was that goal line stand at the beginning of the 4th quarter.  Two straight stuffs at the 1 yard line, they were even able to push them back a bit.

It was a thing of beauty...  

True but then the next series we let them run the ball down our throats all the way down the field for a touch down. We need to be better on defense if we're going to keep up with EDM/BC/CAL our offense shouldn't and can't be expected to score over 40 points every game to win.

On 7/29/2017 at 11:49 AM, Yourface said:

It's not an opinion, it's pretty damn clear. The command centre was too pansy to overturn the call.

You mean "it's pretty damn clear. The command centre did not have sufficient evidence to overturn the call on the field."

It was ruled a touchdown, so irrefutable evidence is needed to overturn the call.  The endzone camera angle can't show a knee on the turf due to  the angle that it is at.  The sideline camera was blocked by the MTL defence (Kyries Hebert).

On 7/29/2017 at 11:49 AM, Yourface said:

"It's my opinion, that my opinion is more objective than the other opinions! and therefore must be the right opinion!" lol classic rider fan.

On 7/29/2017 at 10:22 AM, Yourface said:

I wouldn't say that's the only bad call they had go against them. I'd say the PI call on Hollins which led to a touchdown was completely undeserved. The Bombers were so quick to scrimmage after that, Chapdelaine didn't even get the chance to consider a challenge. 

It's also pretty clear to me Harris went down before reaching the goal line on the last play. His right elbow hit the ground ahead of the goal line while the ball had clearly not broken the plane.

Seeing as its a TD, wouldn't they have reviewed the play anyway and found pass interference IF it was actually pass interference? 

On 7/29/2017 at 0:12 PM, Yourface said:

You are the one ignoring evidence, not me.

tsn analyst Chris Edwards reviewed something like a dozen looks and came back to say he did not see him down from any angle.  why is this so difficult for you to follow... unless you really are just trollin'..  either way..

You're wrong Colonel Sanders.

9 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

You mean "it's pretty damn clear. The command centre did not have sufficient evidence to overturn the call on the field."

It was ruled a touchdown, so irrefutable evidence is needed to overturn the call.  The endzone camera angle can't show a knee on the turf due to  the angle that it is at.  The sideline camera was blocked by the MTL defence (Kyries Hebert).

There is definitely one angle where you can clearly see Harris' elbow down... however, it is from the end zone going straight up field (to the north)... you can also see Harris holding the ball up in the air from that replay... it is literally impossible to tell where the ball is at that angle... so if that's the "proof" that someone wants to hang their hat on for a "objective opinion"... good for them, I guess...

Also "I have a more objective mind than all of you" reminds of the classic "I know more about football that all of you combined" from our old pal Tuscaloosa Blue... if you want to immediately lose credibility, I recommend one of these statements...

41 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Seeing as its a TD, wouldn't they have reviewed the play anyway and found pass interference IF it was actually pass interference? 

I was referring to the PI call on Hollins at the 57:10 mark of this video: 

Awful, awful call.

You can also clearly see Harris' elbow going down ahead of the goal line at the 1:55:30 mark. 

The refs have been VERY friendly toward the Bombers this year, sorry to break it to ya folks.

1 minute ago, Yourface said:

Awful, awful call.

You can also clearly see Harris' elbow going down ahead of the goal line at the 1:55:30 mark. 

The refs have been VERY friendly toward the Bombers this year, sorry to break it to ya folks.

Then why didn't the Command Center reverse the call? Oh, yeah... Because the evidence was not conclusive.

And to suggest the officials have been "very friendly" towards the Bombers is patently false. Like every other team in the league, they've had chintzy calls and weird calls go for and against them. The officiating has been horrible in pretty much every single game.

17 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Awful, awful call.

No one is arguing about that PI call... it was a weak call... similar to some of the weak calls that went in Mtl's favour in the first half...

And that angle is exactly what I was talking about... you can see Harris' elbow down... but you can also see the ball in the air with zero proof whatsoever that it is short of the goal line... sorry to break it to ya...

29 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Awful, awful call.

The fact that you say "clearly" makes you lose all credibility. How anyone can watch that video and say anything but inconclusive is beyond me.

40 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Awful, awful call.

Yes but everyone gets iffy calls made, what smart teams do is snap the ball quickly so there is no chance to challenge. Don't get mad cause the Bombers were heads up enough to snap the ball quick. 

as for your insistence that Harris Elbow was down, where's the ball when it's down? It's damned close to the plane of the goal line, how can you say it's not broken the plane before the elbow goes down? 

You really don't have to break it to you, you're just trying to troll claiming objectivity but you really aren't objective, just biased against the Bombers. The only people who think that there was conclusive proof that Harris didn't get in are the people who want the Bombers to have lost. 

You need evidence to over turn a call and there simply is no evidence there one way or another.