Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

eh, if Montreal had won we'd have just as much cause to ***** about the refs as they would. That dive to draw the PI just before their very first TD was as bad as anything else in that game. 

Here is the thing, the reffing in the CFL is atrocious, we know this, and they called a TD for Harris on the field so you need 100% evidence to over turn it, there was none, score stands. Montreal should be ashamed of themselves for taking their foot off the gas at the end and letting Winnipeg twice march it right down their throats. That's not reffing, that's soft D putting themselves in a position where it even came down to that. 

11 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Maybe it's the altruist in me but I don't feel a sense of pride from winning a football game based on poor officiating.

THERE WAS NO POOR OFFICIATING ON THE PLAY.. jesus christ!

get over yourself. you are wrong, move along.  everyone and their dogs are saying it.. what else do you need to hear?  Maybe the TSN analyst can call you and walk you thru all the feeds he viewed (as they get them all and shockingly, the best views available) and explain in detail how you are so wrong?

seriously man, dead horse.. you with a bat wailing away.    The guy has zero connection to winnipeg so why would he be lying to cover up some nefarious plot?

The Refs seem to call everything that's close a TD these days. Is it because they know that it will be automatically reviewed if they call it a TD and it won't be if they don't? The byproduct of doing that is more TD's because there's rarely enough evidence to overturn calls, which is what the CFL wants in the first place.

FTR and in hopes of not getting any more involved in this debate... I can't tell for sure if Harris was in before he touched the ground or not. I submit that anyone who says they can is fooling themselves.

Edited by TBURGESS

Just now, TBURGESS said:

The Refs seem to call everything that's close a TD these days. Is it because they know that it will be automatically reviewed if they call it a TD and it won't be if they don't? They byproduct of doing that is more TD's because there's rarely enough evidence to overturn calls, which is what the CFL wants in the first place.

FTR and in hopes of not getting any more involved in this debate... I can't tell for sure if Harris was in before he touched the ground or not. I submit that anyone who says they can is fooling themselves.

so you say TSN is lying when they say they had something like a dozen different views and angles and that they concluded after watching them all that he scored and was not down? 

To me it looked his hand went down first and as his body was rolling over the elbow did touch but you can't tell if the ball crossed the line or not so that would be inclusive. If the ALS wanted to win they would of not run out of bounds a couple times on there last drive.

2 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

so you say TSN is lying when they say they had something like a dozen different views and angles and that they concluded after watching them all that he scored and was not down? 

I knew someone would try to drag me into this. I don't even know if there are a dozen different cameras or a dozen different angles to look at in a regular season CFL game. Certainly no one on these boards has seen so many angles, yet many know for sure  that he was either in for a TD or he wasn't. That's bollocks. 

31 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I knew someone would try to drag me into this. I don't even know if there are a dozen different cameras or a dozen different angles to look at in a regular season CFL game. Certainly no one on these boards has seen so many angles, yet many know for sure  that he was either in for a TD or he wasn't. That's bollocks. 

An analyst from TSN, Chris Edwards, after seeing social media and football discussion groups blowing up about this call, tweeted out that he had viewed a dozen different shots and angles of the play and definitively and emphatically stated it was a clear TD and there was zero supporting evidence that he was down either by knee or elbow..

So.. again.. if you are keeping score. thats one TSN analyst who had a bunch of views none of us had 1, rest of naysayer's.. 0.

unless you don't believe a guy whos willing to put his job on the line at TSN..

1 minute ago, Yourface said:

It's called civic pride. Maybe a feeling that's hard to come by among Winnipeggers.

Spoken like someone who has no clue. Nothing says classy like taking digs at an entire city, but you claim you're an objective and unbiased altruist... LOL

SPuDS hit the nail on the head: get over yourself.

The Montreal game is the only home game I will have to miss all season. Away on vacation. Hope I didn't miss much. :(

I was able to watch some of the game and listen to the entire thing (while packing to return from vacation). I was even happier when my Rider neighbours came knocking on my door with to watch the end of the game. They were in 'jolly'  moods until the onside kick was recovered. :)