3 stars plus HH montreal miracle

wbbfan

1 Harris. Game winning td. 12-41 2 tds  9-93 catching. 

2 Jeffcoat. Great pressure, 2 sacks 1 pick.

3 Westerman, 2 sacks maybe we are seeing him heat back up finally. Adams and nichols are real close for the 3rd spot, but durant was thrashing us while getting smacked around if we didnt have that pressure, I dont think the game is even close.

HH, Tough between medlock OS kick, and harris run to win the game. The on side kick really gave us a ton of MO, so im going with that. WHAT A GAME!

1. Jeffcoat, pick and 2 sacks I believe,  guys is making it awful difficult to sit once Okpalaugo is healthy.

2. Nichols. Despite taking a hell of a beating tonight,  34-43 358 yards 2 TDs and some of those throws (like to adams in the 3rd). This guys grit is exactly what Glenn lacks

3. Harris. speaks for himself

HH the receivers. Hard to single one of them out, but Adams, Dressler, Denmark, Lankford, Thorpe, JFG all had crucial moments  throughout the game

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

1. Jeffcoat, pick and 2 sacks I believe,  guys is making it awful difficult to sit once Okpalaugo is healthy.

2. Nichols. Despite taking a hell of a beating tonight,  34-43 358 yards 2 TDs and some of those throws (like to adams in the 3rd). This guys grit is exactly what Glenn lacks

HH the receivers. Hard to single one of them out, but Adams, Dressler, Denmark, Lankford, Thorpe, JFG all had crucial moments  throughout the game

Making it easy to sit ogogopogo but yeah. Would love to see a trade there. 

I like the comparison of nichols being the anti glenn. :lol: Another ugly first half despite scoring on the first drive. Well un productive more then ugly. But brought it in the clutch.

Yeah i like what we have at wr. Thorpe looks like a stud. 

Just now, bustamente said:

I liked Jeffcoat, Harris and Adams tonight. HH goes the Bob Irving for being back in the booth and not missing this game

Good call on the HH, after last week having bob back was huge. 

Adams long catch was huge early too. I really like our wrs when healthy. 

1)  Jeffcoat is fantastic. Can't take him off the roster. Quite honestly I think he's been our best defensive end this season - even if Westerman has prettier numbers.

2) Harris has his struggles in the run game sometimes but this offense relies heavily on his receiving abilities too. 

3) Nichols - played terrible most of the game but came through in the clutch this time.

HH: Medlock for the perfect onside kick and Alexander for pulling it down.

14 minutes ago, Judd said:

HH (this seems weird to say) I think could go to Medlock. Only 1/3 but executed that onside kick to PERFECTION to salvage the night.

the onside kick was nicely executed but 1/4 in the last 2 games is concerning. When we were down 5 points with a few mins left in the game, I think for the first time since he's been a bomber I felt disappointed with Medlock. Those 6 points were huge at that point (even tho Logan scored a TD later).  He definitely redeemed himself with the onside kick,  but I wonder if these trick plays (like the fake field goal last game) have screwed with his kicking

I am giving the happy honker award to Lapo where his dink and dunk to Harris and Lankford kept the never ending Montreal blitz mostly on its heels .... yes they got to Nichols at times but the release passes kept Montreal in check and gave us time to throw down field from time to time.

An exciting win. But too many problems to think this team has reached a new level or turned a corner. That was pretty stupid of MOS to ice his own kicker by essentially halting a successful FG with a nonsense challenge that resulted in a re-kick and miss. Does anyone know why there was no convert after the final TD? Hopefully that will not come back to bite.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

the onside kick was nicely executed but 1/4 in the last 2 games is concerning. When we were down 5 points with a few mins left in the game, I think for the first time since he's been a bomber I felt disappointed with Medlock. Those 6 points were huge at that point (even tho Logan scored a TD later).  He definitely redeemed himself with the onside kick,  but I wonder if these trick plays (like the fake field goal last game) have screwed with his kicking

Medlock's misses cost us 5 points because he got a single on the 2nd one.  It would have made it so they just needed a FG to finish the game out.  They may have played it much more conservative trying to get into FG range though, so who knows whether they would have made it.

2 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

An exciting win. But too many problems to think this team has reached a new level or turned a corner. That was pretty stupid of MOS to ice his own kicker by essentially halting a successful FG with a nonsense challenge that resulted in a re-kick and miss. Does anyone know why there was no convert after the final TD? Hopefully that will not come back to bite.

They took a knee because Montreal could still win on a missed convert.

25 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I was calling for a roughing the passer penalty on that play, so I was glad that he threw the flag... haven't seen a replay of it yet to know whether the c'mon centre got it right or not (but my instinct says they screwed up).

50 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

How would it come back to bite?  There's no tiebreaker with Montreal.  Doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 100.

Also don't get the fixation on "icing" the kicker.  Medlock took that kick once.  Ya he's out on the field when the challenge happens but why wouldn't you challenge for a first down when there was contact to the head and same thing was just called the drive prior?

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

There was a convert after the final touchdown, the Bombers just QB Kneeled (victory formation) as they didn't need the extra point. If you were still in the stadium, you were probably going bonkers at this point as the Bombers were up 41-40 with 0:00 on the clock. They did a QB kneel because even with a point-after convert, there is the very small chance Montreal could've blocked the convert attempt, ran it back for a TD (which would've been worth two points, same as if the offense scores a TD on a PAT attempt).

Basically, securing the win Vs. Montreal was worth more than earning the 1 extra point for the point differential.

Also, kicking the PAT with 0:00 would've kinda been a **** move anyways.

39 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How would it come back to bite?  There's no tiebreaker with Montreal.  Doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 100.

Also don't get the fixation on "icing" the kicker.  Medlock took that kick once.  Ya he's out on the field when the challenge happens but why wouldn't you challenge for a first down when there was contact to the head and same thing was just called the drive prior?

He most definitely kicked that FG twice, and made the first one.

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Did Dressler get hurt? Anyone know his status?

1 hour ago, Sard said:

I was calling for a roughing the passer penalty on that play, so I was glad that he threw the flag... haven't seen a replay of it yet to know whether the c'mon centre got it right or not (but my instinct says they screwed up).

I don't think so. The Montreal player had no objection to the RTP call.