IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Mr Dee

AFTER WEEK 6

Bye - Ottawa

Derek Taylor  -  A CFL season-high 23 missed tackles in the Bombers-Als game Friday night. 7 alone on the Bomber's two drives to win.#Details

-2 TDs in the 4thQ were the first TDs scored by the Bombers in a 4Q this year.

Dave a Campbell CHED  -  Eskimos with 3 sacks and 11 QBP's, pressured Lulay at a rate of 57%. Lions with 1 sack and 4 QBP's, Reilly pressured only 15% of the time.

3downnation -  During the second quarter against B.C., Reilly threw a perfect pass to Vidal Hazelton who took it the rest of the way for a 108-yard touchdown. That was the longest completion of Reilly’s career and furthest in the CFL this season.

?‍? Looks to me that we signed the wrong receiver last year…Gurley over Hazelton

?‍? 5th round pick Kwaku Boateng is playing pretty good these days…

Penalties Down: 15.9 penalties per game, the 2017 average, is the lowest since 2013.

?‍? Bombers are #1 in points per game! 33.8 EDIT Because Calgary scored 60 points against the Ticats…we're no longer #1

But, due to that same game we're now #2 last in points allowed per game…35.8

Drew Edwards  -  In 1956, the #Ticats lost 82-14 to #AlsMTL and that 68-point deficit is the worst in team history. They trail by 59 now. #CFL

Dave Dawson  -  For those of you thinking of it, the #CFL records for points scored in a game are 82 (1956), 70 (1990), 68 (90, 91). 2 were vs #Ticats.

Caretaker Bob Bob Young  -  Trying to come up with a funny tweet,  but humor is hard knowing how frustrated the @Ticats players and coaches are tonight.

The West 12 wins 2 losses 1 tie vs the East

Calgary Herald - Statement from Randy Ambrosie 

“I’m aware of the anxiety that was created (Friday) night, and ultimately, what I want to to is sit down at the league office on Monday and use this as a jumping-in point to have a conversation with the teams — what’s working and what isn’t working, and what can we do to improve it,” said Ambrosie, stopping off in Calgary on Saturday night on his nine-city league tour.

Ricky Ray posted his sixth consecutive game with the 300+ passing yards.   He currently leads the CFL with 2,282 passing yards.

Largest margins of victory in CFL history:

68 points – Montreal 82, Hamilton 14 (1956)

60 points – Edmonton 63, Ottawa 3 (1995)

59 points – Calgary 60, Hamilton 1 (2017)

56 points – Winnipeg 58, Montreal 2 (1981)

56 points – Winnipeg 56, Saskatchewan 0 (1986)

?‍? Owusu-Ansah played a solid game in coverage of Duron Carter on Saturday and yet, Carter managed 9 catches and 131 yards. But really, a few of those catches were magical, and no defender could have prevented them..

?‍? Did the Riders take advantage of Toronto injuries to DE Butler, and Cleon Laing by running the ball? 

You bet your bippy they did.

?‍? Odd how the AC in the visitor's dressing room was not working on that smouldering day...

?‍? Johnny Sears decision not to play touch football, and down Bakari Grant, in the 4th Q, cost the Argos the chance for victory. It was that bad a decision.

Terry Jones  -  CFL attendance averages: EDM 33,642,    SASK 33,250,    WPG 27,063,    CGY 27,693,    OTT 24,557,   HAM 23,833,    BC 20,096,    MTL 19,155,    TOR 13,534.

CFL  -  Mike O'Shea & Russ Jackson share a unique distinction. They are the only M/O ??ian recipients to also be #CFL head coaches. #Canada150 

Unofficial, but a good read in how the Alouettes attacked our defence. It will,at least,give you a different perspective.

Bomber Buzz  -  https://bomberbuzz.com/2017/07/28/bombers-defensive-backs-struggle-to-defend-run-against-alouettes/amp/

Duron Carter gives ball from spectacular TD catch to young cancer survivor

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/30/duron-carter-gives-ball-spectacular-td-catch-young-cancer-survivor/

CFL Headlines 

-Eskimos bring back Canadian DB Cauchy Muamba goo.gl/fb/mgJxwK via @JDunk12 #CFL

-Speedy Canuck RB Shaw Murray-Lawrence agrees to terms with Lions goo.gl/fb/5cSJNF via @JDunk12 #CFL

?‍? Love the name for the Bombers' fast-paced, no-huddle offence....Cheetah.

**"Let go of the rope" - Austin's expression for if a player has given up.

"Austin couldn't, or wouldn't, say if he thought his players had continued to play hard until the final whistle.

"I can't speak for the entire team," Austin said. "I'll know that better when I talk to the individual coaches and when we watch film."

https://www.thespec.com/sports-story/7478643-if-the-ticats-let-go-of-the-rope-then-all-could-be-lost/#.WX5kqh4cq4U.twitter

WEEK 7

Calgary @ Toronto

Winnipeg @ Ottawa

Hamilton @ Edmonton

Saskatchewan @ BC

BYE -  Montreal 

Guess no one is dissing the Boateng pick anymore...

I know it was a bad move by Sears - but he's getting bashed too much - if he punches that ball out, he's a hero... or if the rest of the secondary rallies to the ball like they're supposed to

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

I know it was a bad move by Sears - but he's getting bashed too much - if he punches that ball out, he's a hero... or if the rest of the secondary rallies to the ball like they're supposed to

Nah it was 3rd down and the punt team would have been coming out. Sears should have know better. Letting a player get up is the wrong decision. 

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

not even remotely a good decision. I can see a case for it, if it was 1st down. But that would have created a punting situation. Touching him down, would have essentially been a turnover. He over thought it and cost his team big time.

10 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

AFTER WEEK 6

Bye - Ottawa

Derek Taylor  -  A CFL season-high 23 missed tackles in the Bombers-Als game Friday night. 7 alone on the Bomber's two drives to win.#Details

-2 TDs in the 4thQ were the first TDs scored by the Bombers in a 4Q this year.

Dave a Campbell CHED  -  Eskimos with 3 sacks and 11 QBP's, pressured Lulay at a rate of 57%. Lions with 1 sack and 4 QBP's, Reilly pressured only 15% of the time.

3downnation -  During the second quarter against B.C., Reilly threw a perfect pass to Vidal Hazelton who took it the rest of the way for a 108-yard touchdown. That was the longest completion of Reilly’s career and furthest in the CFL this season.

?‍? Looks to me that we signed the wrong receiver last year…Gurley over Hazelton

?‍? 5th round pick Kwaku Boateng is playing pretty good these days…

Penalties Down: 15.9 penalties per game, the 2017 average, is the lowest since 2013.

?‍? Bombers are #1 in points per game! 33.8 EDIT Because Calgary scored 60 points against the Ticats…we're no longer #1

But, due to that same game we're now #2 last in points allowed per game…35.8

Drew Edwards  -  In 1956, the #Ticats lost 82-14 to #AlsMTL and that 68-point deficit is the worst in team history. They trail by 59 now. #CFL

Dave Dawson  -  For those of you thinking of it, the #CFL records for points scored in a game are 82 (1956), 70 (1990), 68 (90, 91). 2 were vs #Ticats.

Caretaker Bob Bob Young  -  Trying to come up with a funny tweet,  but humor is hard knowing how frustrated the @Ticats players and coaches are tonight.

The West 12 wins 2 losses 1 tie vs the East

Calgary Herald - Statement from Randy Ambrosie 

“I’m aware of the anxiety that was created (Friday) night, and ultimately, what I want to to is sit down at the league office on Monday and use this as a jumping-in point to have a conversation with the teams — what’s working and what isn’t working, and what can we do to improve it,” said Ambrosie, stopping off in Calgary on Saturday night on his nine-city league tour.

Ricky Ray posted his sixth consecutive game with the 300+ passing yards.   He currently leads the CFL with 2,282 passing yards.

Largest margins of victory in CFL history:

68 points – Montreal 82, Hamilton 14 (1956)

60 points – Edmonton 63, Ottawa 3 (1995)

59 points – Calgary 60, Hamilton 1 (2017)

56 points – Winnipeg 58, Montreal 2 (1981)

56 points – Winnipeg 56, Saskatchewan 0 (1986)

?‍? Owusu-Ansah played a solid game in coverage of Duron Carter on Saturday and yet, Carter managed 9 catches and 131 yards. But really, a few of those catches were magical, and no defender could have prevented them..

?‍? Did the Riders take advantage of Toronto injuries to DE Butler, and Cleon Laing by running the ball? 

You bet your bippy they did.

?‍? Odd how the AC in the visitor's dressing room was not working on that smouldering day...

?‍? Johnny Sears decision not to play touch football, and down Bakari Grant, in the 4th Q, cost the Argos the chance for victory. It was that bad a decision.

Terry Jones  -  CFL attendance averages: EDM 33,642,    SASK 33,250,    WPG 27,063,    CGY 27,693,    OTT 24,557,   HAM 23,833,    BC 20,096,    MTL 19,155,    TOR 13,534.

CFL  -  Mike O'Shea & Russ Jackson share a unique distinction. They are the only M/O ??ian recipients to also be #CFL head coaches. #Canada150 

Unofficial, but a good read in how the Alouettes attacked our defence. It will,at least,give you a different perspective.

Bomber Buzz  -  https://bomberbuzz.com/2017/07/28/bombers-defensive-backs-struggle-to-defend-run-against-alouettes/amp/

Duron Carter gives ball from spectacular TD catch to young cancer survivor

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/30/duron-carter-gives-ball-spectacular-td-catch-young-cancer-survivor/

CFL Headlines 

-Eskimos bring back Canadian DB Cauchy Muamba goo.gl/fb/mgJxwK via @JDunk12 #CFL

-Speedy Canuck RB Shaw Murray-Lawrence agrees to terms with Lions goo.gl/fb/5cSJNF via @JDunk12 #CFL

?‍? Love the name for the Bombers' fast-paced, no-huddle offence....Cheetah.

**"Let go of the rope" - Austin's expression for if a player has given up.

"Austin couldn't, or wouldn't, say if he thought his players had continued to play hard until the final whistle.

"I can't speak for the entire team," Austin said. "I'll know that better when I talk to the individual coaches and when we watch film."

https://www.thespec.com/sports-story/7478643-if-the-ticats-let-go-of-the-rope-then-all-could-be-lost/#.WX5kqh4cq4U.twitter

WEEK 7

Calgary @ Toronto

Winnipeg @ Ottawa

Hamilton @ Edmonton

Saskatchewan @ BC

BYE -  Montreal 

we needs another one of these wins over the riders so badly lol

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

no way that he should have allowed the player to regain his footing. dumb decision.  the chance of a punchout/strip is about as likely as me landing a date with Kate Upton.

10 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

just watched the cfl.ca highlights of this game and you are very correct... Ansah had great coverage on Carter but he just made some fantastic catches... one of those games from Carter that justifies keeping him on the roster despite his asshat personality... now the Riders just wish they could get that every game...

And WTF was Sears thinking on that play?... I though people were exaggerating when they said it may have cost them the game... it would've been third down with TO getting the ball nearly in FG range... dumb move by him...

Pre draft I actually recommended Boateng. Cause he was the only player I knew anything about.

kidding aside, there was a good article and interview with him on CFL website. He seemed like a Moss kind of person at the very least.

Edited by Mark F